New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

Wow sucks hearing how Jon Hamm could have played mr sinister he would have nailed it interested to see who Antonio Banderas will be playing

He could have been a good Sinister. Maybe he'll get to play him in a future film.

I'm glad that they didn't move forward with it as the MCU could easily adapt him in the not so distant future.

Comicbook.com said this about Warlock.
"Fox reportedly deemed the character too expensive at first but is now adding him to the film in reshoots."

Comicbook.com said this about Warlock.
"Fox reportedly deemed the character too expensive at first but is now adding him to the film in reshoots."

Wow, they really need to make up their minds!

Seems like Fox is throwing money at this film to "fix or change" the tone. They really want to avoid another Fantastic Four. haha

Doing massive reshoots on a movie that tested fine seems too stupid to be true but remember this is Fox we are talking about, and this wouldn't be the stupidest decision they have made with respect to a superhero film.

Wow, they really need to make up their minds!

they'll probably learn about another fan favourite from the comics around summer and will push Boone to add him/her at the end of the year too :funny:

this is Origins Fox all over again. Whoever is not seeing this same pattern, is just fooling him/herself. Fox is very unstable in their vision and what these movies should be about and how they should be.

Collider's new video about this.

So let me get this straight:

1) Boone wanted a horror movie
2) Fox wanted a more YA oriented movie
3) They decided to go with YA route and Boone delievered that
4) After the success of some horror movies and the supposedly well received trailer, FOX decided to go back to Boone's original vision
5) Now they're reshooting more than 50% of the movie

Sorry, I don't buy it for a minute. First of all, if they decided to go with the YA take, why in the living hell they delievered a first trailer that sells the movie as a horror, the take Boone originally wanted but the Studio declined.

I'm with that guy from Collider. I just think something really bad happened and they don't want to admit it.

NPR is confirming that the voice heard in the #Legion2 "Egg" promo is indeed the voice of Jon Hamm as some fans have speculated, very slim chances of a show appearance.

---

Collider's new video about this.

So let me get this straight:

1) Boone wanted a horror movie
2) Fox wanted a more YA oriented movie
3) They decided to go with YA route and Boone delievered that
4) After the success of some horror movies and the supposedly well received trailer, FOX decided to go back to Boone's original vision
5) Now they're reshooting more than 50% of the movie

Sorry, I don't buy it for a minute. First of all, if they decided to go with the YA take, why in the living hell they delievered a first trailer that sells the movie as a horror, the take Boone originally wanted but the Studio declined.

I'm with that guy from Collider. I just think something really bad happened and they don't want to admit it.

did you read the Jeff Sneider big article that told the very first details of the behind the scenes (along with the Jon Hamm/Banderas exclusive)... well, in that article he said that the word or speculation is that a part of the reason of this situation is that the movie didnt have a main producer controlling all the process and putting everything in place.

u know what? the inside word is that Kinberg was actually involved in the movie, since day one, deciding certain inclusions or not inclusions, who to cast and who not, what cameos could appear and who "wont appear", etc, etc, etc. Kinberg was controlling a lot of the production, directly with Boone.
Im really surprised not one single of these movie sites with sources have revealed anything about this, but if you had the chance to talk to someone involved in the production, he/she would tell you soooooooo much more than what we've heard, and yes, Kinberg has had a say. A lot.

So in the end, I really believe all this mess, Fox has always been famous for hurting productions and directors visions and writers. Since X3, then Origins, then F4 reboot, then Apocalypse likely (the whole Jennifer role), and now Dark Phoenix, with this push back and changing the third act. This is classic Fox. They are lost, they, most of the times, dont know what they really want. And there is a lot of insecurity inside the studio and with those execs, always. They dont believe in all the characters, because they, basically, dont really know the characters on first place, lol, and since other studios havent (hadnt) tried certain movies, Fox didnt see it for certain properties or solo characters.

Lets analyze....
why havent we gotten a Starjammers movie yet?
why havent we gotten a Storm solo movie yet?
why havent we gotten a female team movie yet?
why havent we gotten a x-men team movie with Cyclops as the big leader?
why havent we gotten a movie with Rogue treated like how we all know, love and expect?

did they watch the animated shows at least? didnt they see all that potential? Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Iceman.... they take almost decades to nail some stuff. Some stuff we wont ever see under Fox (cough Rogue cough).

It all comes down to the same thing: they are insecure. they were with Deadpool, it took them 7 years, and even then, they gave it a very small budget because they didnt believe the character would be a big hit. (this has been discussed everywhere). And they probably dont believe in Storm as a leading character either, neither in Cyclops as an A-list. they just dont believe.

so this whole "It happened and they wanted NM to be closer to IT and Strangers things". Yeah, I 100% believe it, lol.

its not coincidence that Kitty pryde movie was 'announced' after Wonder Woman huge hit and Captain Marvel and Gotham city sirens, Silver/Black cat were announced, or in preproduction in Carol's case. The big question mark is why they havent greenlight a Storm movie after Black Panther doing 1.2b. I give you a clue: Kinberg doesnt like her (inside word) So there we have it, even the creative team doesnt like certain characters. What can we expect from this studio and this mindset :whatever:

Last edited:
did you read the Jeff Sneider big article that told the very first details of the behind the scenes (along with the Jon Hamm/Banderas exclusive)... well, in that article he said that the word or speculation is that a part of the reason of this situation is that the movie didnt have a main producer controlling all the process and putting everything in place.

u know what? the inside word is that Kinberg was actually involved in the movie, since day one, deciding certain inclusions or not inclusions, who to cast and who not, what cameos could appear and who "wont appear", etc, etc, etc. Kinberg was controlling a lot of the production, directly with Boone.
Im really surprised not one single of these movie sites with sources have revealed anything about this, but if you had the chance to talk to someone involved in the production, he/she would tell you soooooooo much more than what we've heard, and yes, Kinberg has had a say. A lot.

So in the end, I really believe all this mess, Fox has always been famous for hurting productions and directors visions and writers. Since X3, then Origins, then F4 reboot, then Apocalypse likely (the whole Jennifer role), and now Dark Phoenix, with this push back and changing the third act. This is classic Fox. They are lost, they, most of the times, dont know what they really want. And there is a lot of insecurity inside the studio and with those execs, always. They dont believe in all the characters, because they, basically, dont really know the characters on first place, lol, and since other studios havent (hadnt) tried certain movies, Fox didnt see it for certain properties or solo characters.

Lets analyze....
why havent we gotten a Starjammers movie yet?
why havent we gotten a Storm solo movie yet?
why havent we gotten a female team movie yet?
why havent we gotten a x-men team movie with Cyclops as the big leader?
why havent we gotten a movie with Rogue treated like how we all know, love and expect?

did they watch the animated shows at least? didnt they see all that potential? Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Iceman.... they take almost decades to nail some stuff. Some stuff we wont ever see under Fox (cough Rogue cough).

It all comes down to the same thing: they are insecure. they were with Deadpool, it took them 7 years, and even then, they gave it a very small budget because they didnt believe the character would be a big hit. (this has been discussed everywhere). And they probably dont believe in Storm as a leading character either, neither in Cyclops as an A-list. they just dont believe.

so this whole "It happened and they wanted NM to be closer to IT and Strangers things". Yeah, I 100% believe it, lol.

its not coincidence that Kitty pryde movie was 'announced' after Wonder Woman huge hit and Captain Marvel and Gotham city sirens, Silver/Black cat were announced, or in preproduction in Carol's case. The big question mark is why they havent greenlight a Storm movie after Black Panther doing 1.2b. I give you a clue: Kinberg doesnt like her (inside word) So there we have it, even the creative team doesnt like certain characters. What can we expect from this studio and this mindset :whatever:

So...is Storm the cameo you want in New Mutants? Seems like you diverted attention back to what we're not supposed to do on these boards.

Deadpool was right in his first movie when he talked about the studio not being able to afford additional characters.

the trailer was cheap generic boring horror, not the YA horror movie like stranger things. and trailer wasn't big hit.
so them saying ditching original YA and going for more horror and IT vibe (which is close to stranger things) don't sound right.
I don't buy their excuses. seems like from fox pr lies to save proejct's image.

I suspect deadpool 2 will show that yeah they can afford them. its just funnier to say they can't at this point.

Last edited:
the trailer was cheap generic boring horror, not the YA horror movie like stranger things. and trailer wasn't big hit.
so them saying ditching original YA and going for more horror and IT vibe (which is close to stranger things) don't sound right.
I don't buy their excuses. seems like from fox pr lies to save proejct's image.

Its Hollywood fakery. They wont admit that theres something wrong

Half the rumors coming out about this movie sound fake or made up.

Since there is a good chance jon hamm is doing something for the show Legion i find it hard to believe he was gonna be apart of New Mutants too.

Perhaps someone got their wires crossed.

Since there is a good chance jon hamm is doing something for the show Legion i find it hard to believe he was gonna be apart of New Mutants too.

Perhaps someone got their wires crossed.

Did you see the “Jon Hamm” voice over ad that you’re referring to? It’s not Jon Hamm doing a voice as an X-men or comic book character. It’s literally just Hamm (well I’m not sure it’s been confirmed it’s him) narrating for a Legion ad.

If anything, the ad tells us Hamm is in communication with one of the crewmembers from this franchise, possibly Shuller-Donner. So it increases the possibility that the actor might have been asked, possibly by Shuller-Donner, to cameo as Sinister.

Charlie heaton talks new mutants

“It’s basically about these mutants in a facility for damaged mutants,” Heaton told EW last week. “It’s a story about these characters coming to grips with who they are and it’s a horror X-Men movie, which we haven’t seen before. I feel like, for an X-Men movie, yeah, I think they’re going full-fledged horror. Without saying too much — I really don’t want to give away too much what it’s about, it’s very under wraps — but it is, in terms of anything we’ve seen in the X-Men world, it definitely is a horror film. It’s scarier than anything we’ve seen in that genre.”

“I play Sam Guthrie, whose mutant name is Cannonball,” said Heaton. “Sam comes from Kentucky, and he’s kind of a working-class boy, and he has the ability to project himself through the sky like a cannonball.”

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/12/charlie-heaton-talks-new-mutants/

That sounds very interesting. I hope Marvel gives them the go for a full-blown trilogy.

That sounds very interesting. I hope Marvel gives them the go for a full-blown trilogy.

I've argued before:

New Mutants: Inferno - Evil Dead style movie.
New Mutants: Phalanx Covenant - Techno-Zombie movie.

I've argued before:

New Mutants: Inferno - Evil Dead style movie.
New Mutants: Phalanx Covenant - Techno-Zombie movie.

I like both of those ideas, but I'd say Inferno is as much an X-Men story with Mr. Sinister being the main villain as it is a New Mutants one. In many ways, it is kind of like X-Men's Infinity Gauntlet. The Phalanx Covenant can be done as a possible second film (if Fox manages to fix this film, which I have a good feeling they might) and use the Magus story as inspiration.

Well, both would be adaptations, not direct translations. Inferno would focus on Magik and S'ym rather than N'astirh and Madelyne Pryor. I'd argue Mr. Sinister was not the main villain in that story and was actually a bit of an afterthought. He's certainly not necessary even if much of the story happens in his shadow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"