• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Homecoming No spider sense??

That's why his supervillains are so absurd.
If he can't react fast enough, pow right in the kissah.

Eh, the Spider-Sense isn't a perfect defense. It typically provides a few moments of warning, tops, and is almost always vague about details. And even with that, Peter still needs to actually dodge. If he's tired, or the attack is wide enough, or if he's off-balance or in the air, this may not be possible. Even worse if the attack is a melee attack from somebody else with enhanced reflexes and/or high end skill; they can adjust for his dodge.

Basically, the Spider Sense primarily is a thing that makes it much harder for Peter to be ambushed or blind sided. In a fight where that's no longer relevant, its much less important than his enhanced speed.

Eh, the Spider-Sense isn't a perfect defense. It typically provides a few moments of warning, tops, and is almost always vague about details. And even with that, Peter still needs to actually dodge. If he's tired, or the attack is wide enough, or if he's off-balance or in the air, this may not be possible. Even worse if the attack is a melee attack from somebody else with enhanced reflexes and/or high end skill; they can adjust for his dodge.

Basically, the Spider Sense primarily is a thing that makes it much harder for Peter to be ambushed or blind sided. In a fight where that's no longer relevant, its much less important than his enhanced speed.

Agree with this. I think Spider Sense is better used to avoid surprises or say snipers and such rather than in the middle of a brawl. I like the way they use it with Holland's Spidey.

As for Maguire, I don't recall them even using Spider Sense after the first movie. Just the time he was on his scooter and in the cafe in SM2.

I'm convinced that all the tech in the suit will be found to interfere with his Spidey sense so he'll end up ditching a lot of it.

Well, they're right of course. It IS a crutch. If applied consistently and in line with the comics it would render Spidey all but untouchable. You'd need a huge explosion nearby(maybe a nuke) to reliably hit him. What's needed are good limitations on that power.
Then give it limitations and be creative.

It would be so dope if daredevil came in to teach Peter how to hone his spidey sense because he desperately needs it to fight his villain. pipe dream.

Mysterio would be the PERFECT villain to explore Spider Sense.

I think it'll be there, we've seen it a little and he's even described it. He probably doesn't understand it.

Maybe it's something Karen can point out after he reacts to something.

It would be so dope if daredevil came in to teach Peter how to hone his spidey sense because he desperately needs it to fight his villain. pipe dream.

Why? Daredevil doesn't have a Spider-Sense and his supersenses work entirely different. Daredevil is more aware of things around him (smells, tastes, feelings, etc.), Spider-Man gets premonitions about danger.

Infinity War trailer description seems to hint at Spider-sense.

From what I saw in both CW and Homecoming (and Pete even says my senses are dialed UP in CW) He DOES have the Spidersense, just not what we're used to seeing over the years.
Examples: in CW, he kind of flinches before Bucky tosses that piece of wall, then When Pete returns to the apartment, when Ned's waiting for him, he kind of does the same thing, when you see his neighbors walking around in their Apartment, he darts out of their view

After watching the movie 3 times now, I can honestly say I never even noticed the spider sense was not there, as in it wasn't highlighted. So I didn't miss it.

The good news is, he has the Spider-Sense in Infinity War, and they establish it there.

Yeah. Plus,he sensed Ant-Man on Cap's shield and dodged the stuff Bucky thrown at him from behind. They just didn't give him a Spider-Sense scene in Homecoming. He has it.

That's not really seeing the Spider-Sense though.

In Infinity War we actually get to see how it works in action and warning him of imminent danger.

That's not really seeing the Spider-Sense though.

In Infinity War we actually get to see how it works in action and warning him of imminent danger.

I mean it was implied that he has it. Some people believed he doesn't have it at all.

I mean it was implied that he has it. Some people believed he doesn't have it at all.

Implied isn't definitive. And both films basically swept it under the rug. Infinity War actually shows it in action.

hopefully it can be shown in future movies, especially the specialized awareness that was hinted at in the Ditko era stories.

His spider-sense should have gone off when Ned was in his bedroom, even though Ned is not his enemy or presents any physical danger to Peter, if Peter doesn't want anyone to know his secret identity than his spider-sense should trigger. He would rely on his spider-sense to know when it was safe to change clothes, etc in the comics.

tredds.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"