No Way Home No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Again, if you think they ain't getting Stark tech upgrades or something, thus changing their looks up, I think you are naive. I also think there isn't anything wrong with costume changes mid movie. Again, heroes do it all the time.
Well, that's a bit different from what I think most are arguing for here. If Dafoe starts in the infamous Power Ranger costume, and then upgrades his look later on, that's fine IMO.
I don't see how it's the whole point of bringing them back if they wear the same clothing. Surely the point of bringing them back is their character and having some continuity with that as opposed to their costumes?

A redesign of Goblin's look won't impact that and would plase most fans and what difference could it make if Molina's Ock wore a white suit or green jumpsuit? I don't get the fixation of having the villains wear the same costume they did over a decade ago, especially when some of them failed to resonate with fans at the time.
Because they're erasing the visual aesthetic the filmmakers of those films painstakingly established for these characters. Designing that Green Goblin suit was not easy at all, and it looks that way for a reason.

And it's not supposed to fit this (MCU) universe's continuity/aesthetic. They're from a completely different universe where the visual language evolved/developed in a completely different way. That's the entire point, and appeal of having a "Multiverse".

Well if you remove all recognition of the character and just keep the shell that is the actor inside, then alot of the recognition is gone beyond the meta aspect. where you are meant to recognize them from diminishes quite abit. and I'm guessing that the recognition is kinda a gimmick to the film. especially if Toby and Andrew do appear at some point.

Again, no one said their new designs have to be unrecognizable from their old ones. Why are you strawman-ing? :funny:

No one said they hadn't and no one said they had. I'm making a point for speculation purposes.

Because they're erasing the visual aesthetic the filmmakers of those films painstakingly established for these characters. Designing that Green Goblin suit was not easy at all, and it looks that way for a reason.

And it's not supposed to fit this (MCU) universe's continuity/aesthetic. They're from a completely different universe where the visual language evolved/developed in a completely different way. That's the entire point, and appeal of having a "Multiverse".

There's no erasure. The old films still exist and would now be canon and it's only the villains that people want to see redesigned (which we've already got confirmation of one having a new costume) and nobody cares how "painstakingly" they were made nearly twenty years ago, especialy given that Green Goblin's costume happened to be what they could come up at the last second because they scrapped a previous concept at a late stage.

Besides, new designs can always have continuity with previous. Most MCU characters see new looks from movie to movie. No reason the Raimi and Webb characters can't.

Well if you remove all recognition of the character and just keep the shell that is the actor inside, then alot of the recognition is gone beyond the meta aspect. where you are meant to recognize them from diminishes quite abit. and I'm guessing that the recognition is kinda a gimmick to the film. especially if Toby and Andrew do appear at some point.[/B]

What are you even talking about? The actor's performance is the heart of the character, not the costume.

Here is my take on the bad guy costumes: many rumors indicate all these guys may start in some type of multiversal prison or whatever, right? For argument sake, I am assuming that is true as it does make sense and simplifies introducing them. My bet then is that they will have some type or rundown version of their costumes in the end. When they are introduced I mean. At some point, probably Norman will upgrade them with MCU tech. Then they will be MCU-ified for lack of a better term.

Some may scoff at an idea like Green Goblin with Stark esque armor, but many of these guys are tech based, and in a world with much more advanced tech than they had, why wouldn't they upgrade?

Anyway, that is what I think will happen.

What are you even talking about? The actor's performance is the heart of the character, not the costume.

Thats called casting an actor to play a part. you could cast any actor to play a role. but going out your way to bring back actors to connect the audience to a particular role. well.

I mean sure it could be another Ralph ***** situation where they were not subtle with making him look abit like fox quicksilver before sweeping the rug and being like what? we didn't think you would actually believe he was Fox Quicksilver. but I'm gonna give them benefit of the doubt this time and say thats not the case.

Here is my take on the bad guy costumes: many rumors indicate all these guys may start in some type of multiversal prison or whatever, right? For argument sake, I am assuming that is true as it does make sense and simplifies introducing them. My bet then is that they will have some type or rundown version of their costumes in the end. When they are introduced I mean. At some point, probably Norman will upgrade them with MCU tech. Then they will be MCU-ified for lack of a better term.

Some may scoff at an idea like Green Goblin with Stark esque armor, but many of these guys are tech based, and in a world with much more advanced tech than they had, why wouldn't they upgrade?

Anyway, that is what I think will happen.

Having Osborn outfit himself and other villains with new gear would be pretty cool as an in-universe explanation for their costumes. It would be fun to see Oscorp replacing Hammer Industries as the people outfitting certain supervillains going forward.

Having Osborn outfit himself and other villains with new gear would be pretty cool as an in-universe explanation for their costumes. It would be fun to see Oscorp replacing Hammer Industries as the people outfitting certain supervillains going forward.

That would be neat but I don't see Osborn as a recurring villain outside of the MCU Spider-Man movies going forward because I would think Sony wants Norman as the big bad in their Marvel Universe.

There's no erasure. The old films still exist and would now be canon and it's only the villains that people want to see redesigned (which we've already got confirmation of one having a new costume)

You can't just say "This is the Green Goblin from the first Spider-Man film" and have it look nothing like that character. It would be insulting to everybody's intelligence to pretend that they looked any different, when many of us have the Blu Ray sitting on our shelf right now. :funny:

and nobody cares how "painstakingly" they were made nearly twenty years ago, especialy given that Green Goblin's costume happened to be what they could come up at the last second because they scrapped a previous concept at a late stage.
If the filmmakers have no respect for the art and craft that went into designing those costumes, even a decade+ ago, why bring them back in the first place? Is this film not meant to be a celebration of every entry, and by extension, filmmaker's input, that went into the creating Spider-Man's cinematic history, which is now a mythology in itself?

I sincerely hope Watts and Feige don't have an attitude this dismissive towards other people's work. Especially considering the fact that w/out those films, this film wouldn't exist. Don't forget where you came from.

Besides, new designs can always have continuity with previous. Most MCU characters see new looks from movie to movie. No reason the Raimi and Webb characters can't.
For reasons of merchandising. Which shouldn't be a problem for decade+ old designs being presented to a new audience.

Do you really think a design as iconic as Heath Ledger's Joker, could be separated from his performance? No, they work in tandem. Heath's design is an expression of his character.

Ditto for Dafoe and the others

I sincerely hope Watts and Feige don't have an attitude this dismissive towards other people's work. Especially considering the fact that w/out those films, this film wouldn't exist. Don't forget where you came from.

I don't think they will have that attitude. its fandom that tends to create a rivery or even an idea that that there is some bias. its like fandom has created this idea of a rivalry between DC and Marvel, and yet both have apparently denied a rivalry

Last edited:
Feige worked as a producer on the original Spider-Man trilogy and has a tremendous amount of respect for Sam Raimi. I don't think he'd allow any disrespect to those movies (and the ASM duology) to be done.

I think we will see the visual changes to villains vary for each villain. For example, I expect Electro's redesign to be more different than say Sandman or Doc Ock.

Marvel like new designs for the sake of toys. so they will likely all be equally redesigned. to whatever degree that is.

It really depends what in-multiverse logic this film is going for. there will probably be some quick and simple context for alot of things while also linking back to previous spider-man movies.

Although the idea that the villains are upgraded with Stark tech is kinda funny.

*so much nonsense*

tenor.gif

Honestly, I don't understand how you can go so far from the mark in your responses. I think you mean "to pretend they're NOT any different". No one is saying that they shouldn't acknowledge they wore those costumes originally. I don't know where you're getting that.

You're trying to inject an emotional narrative, even when you've been corrected on the facts surrounding the creation of Green Goblin's costume. Nobody really cares for them to re-use designs that were disliked at the time as well as not what the filmmakers originally wanted and there is no moral obligation for us to care, so I don't get the need for the melodrama.

I also find it silly that anyone thinks Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker depends on his costume.

Last edited:
Throw the Power Ranger suit in the trash where it belongs and be done with it. :o

tenor.gif

Honestly, I don't understand how you can go so far from the mark in your responses. I think you mean "to pretend they're NOT any different". No one is saying that they shouldn't acknowledge they wore those costumes originally. I don't know where you're getting that.

You're trying to inject an emotional narrative, even when you've been corrected on the facts surrounding the creation of Green Goblin's costume. Nobody really cares for them to re-use designs that were disliked at the time as well as not what the filmmakers originally wanted and there is no moral obligation for us to care, so I don't get the need for the melodrama.

Ezmq3b4XMAI6D4v.jpeg.jpg
Fam, some things are more important than your boy wearing a purple elf hat. You say nobody cares, but it won't be no sweat off of most people's brow, if Norman doesn't show up in a green tunic. Because that's not what most people recognize.

I also find it silly that anyone thinks Heath Ledger's portrayal of Joker depends on his costume.
I find it silly that anyone could separate Ledger's brilliant performance from his design, considering it was integral part of him creating the character.

I am not saying costume design isn't important. But honestly guys, only people like us will care if they don't look similar to prior films. Your average person who sees these movies won't care. They will recognize the actors from prior movies and that would be enough.

View attachment 46666
Fam, some things are more important than your boy wearing a purple elf hat. You say nobody cares, but it won't be no sweat off of most people's brow, if Norman doesn't show up in a green tunic. Because that's not what most people recognize.

It would be simpler and a lot more honest if you just came out and said you hope they stick to the costume from the first movie. You wouldn't have to keep constructing strawmen to bolster your position and pretend that people you don't know who worked on a project you know little about would be offended or that the audience would be insulted. Just like how no one here has argued for the elf hat or a 1 to 1 representation of the 60s Green Goblin.

I find it silly that anyone could separate Ledger's brilliant performance from his design, considering it was integral part of him creating the character.

Rubbish. He wore a nurse's uniform as part of one of his costume changes, you absolutely can seperate his performance from the costume. Phoenix even had his own take on the Joker costume too, there are other valid interpretations. Had they went with a different design you would be none the wiser.

I originally heard that Wanda Vision, Dr Strange 2, and NWH were all connected. Loki seems more connected than WV so far and never got a mention in whatever bull5hit I read.

I originally heard that Wanda Vision, Dr Strange 2, and NWH were all connected. Loki seems more connected than WV so far and never got a mention in whatever bull5hit I read.

I think Marvel PR has been doing overtime on needlessly hyping up their series. In the end I don't think their connectivity will be all that overt or needing an explanation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"