No Way Home No Way Home Rumors, Leaks And Speculation Thread (Potential Spoilers Ahead)

Agree to disagree then. It's clear we're not going to change each other's opinions.

I just have a very hard time believing Loki will not end up affecting anything that is to come when all we've seen/been told has mostly been the contrary. :shrug:

Honestly, neither opinion really matters. Loki's ending and impact is filmed. So we shall see how it all happens for ourselves

I expect them to redesign each of the villains (some more than others), but I doubt the film will provide any explicit explanation for it. More like a retcon than anything else.

I expect them to redesign each of the villains (some more than others), but I doubt the film will provide any explicit explanation for it. More like a retcon than anything else.
I would be pretty disappointed if they went this route. I feel like it undermines/defeats the point of bringing back villains from past films. Not utilizing the Icongraphy that audiences already know

I would be pretty disappointed if they went this route. I feel like it undermines/defeats the point of bringing back villains from past films. Not utilizing the Icongraphy that audiences already know
People keep saying this. But we all know damn well as long as Tobey and Andrew are behind the masks we will collectively **** bricks and diamonds.

I honestly don't mind the redesigns (you can chalk it up to multiverse shenanigans or them being Variants of the original villains). Tobey and Andrew just have to be their respective Spider-Men from their previous movies (and also maybe don't alter the Raimi suit too much), and that's enough for me.

The only suit I hope they don't touch much is the Raimi Spider-Man suit. Otherwise, don't much care how they change up the costumes

I don't think there will be major redesigns. otherwise whats the point of their connection to the previous Spider-man franchises. if you are gonna make them totally unrecognizable. then people won't recognize them and there wouldn't be much point in going the direction they are going.

No one said they had to be unrecognizable though? But they're obviously not going to look entirely the same.

Before the pandemic, it was stated that WandaVision, NWH, and MOM were like a "multiverse trilogy." That's why so many people expected Wanda to be the one to open up the multiverse, and for Strange to appear. But I think the pandemic changed that slightly. Loki now being the start of that trilogy, per se. Long story short, I wholeheartedly agree that the events of Loki will impact NWH in some way.

People keep saying this. But we all know damn well as long as Tobey and Andrew are behind the masks we will collectively **** bricks and diamonds.
Why bring back Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn if he's not playing the character audiences were introduced to 19 years ago? It just under cuts the novelty of bringing him back in the first place.

And we're already dealing with alternative universes. You mean to tell me that Dafoe's Goblin is from an alternative universe of an alternative universe ? Just needlessly confusing

I don't think there will be major redesigns. otherwise whats the point of their connection to the previous Spider-man franchises. if you are gonna make them totally unrecognizable. then people won't recognize them and there wouldn't be much point in going the direction they are going.
If the goal is to mine nostalgia, then logic dictates that they won't want them to look too different from how people remember them, because they'll want to tap into that cultural memory.

As much as some fans hate it, Dafoe's GG suit is iconic, especially the mask. Some things are just more important than comic book accuracy.

Last edited:
They change costumes for the heroes every movie and hasn't it already been stated Electro won't be blue this time? So that is 1 possibly confirmed redesign. You are telling me the Green Goblin won't at some point see all the shiny new toys the MCU has that his world didn't and won't upgrade his own stuff? I bet he will

I think most people want the Spider-man costumes to largely stay the same or be fairly reminiscent of the designs they wore, but it seems a lot of people really want to see new designs for the villains by and large. Both Green Goblin and Electro's looks failed to resonate with fans and at least with Electro we're confirmed to get a new design.

People even want to see Doc Ock wearing something different based on his classic comic costumes and there weren't any real complaints about his Spider-man 2 design. It's fun for fans speculating how they may improve some designs this time round and it seems to be creating a buzz for the movie.

If the goal is to mine nostalgia, then logic dictates that they won't want them to look too different from how people remember them, because they'll want to tap into that cultural memory.

As much as some fans hate it, Dafoe's GG suit is iconic, especially the mask. Some things are just more important than comic book accuracy.
While you’re probably right, I would argue that Dafoe’s face itself is just as iconic and in cultural memory. Guy practically looks like a Goblin in some of those Norman scenes in SM1 and that mask just covered up his ability to emote as good. If they could ditch or update the old look there could be a lot of benefits in his performance besides just comic book accuracy. I also doubt we see him out of the Goblin persona much considering he’s from the multiverse and leading a group of villains. They could argue they’re taking advantage of the actor by updating him, same with Foxx.

All they have to do is refresh the old outfit a little, give it a hood and it will be great.

Remini20210618201144232.jpg

I do think they will be redesigned for 1 purpose. if not a slightly shallow one. and thats toys. means Disney can sell new toys. same reason Spidey gets a new suit each movie

But at the same time, they probably will need to look at least recognizable to the films they came from. even if its a mixture of new and old elements to create something new but familiarer. there would be no point in a complete redesign and then trying to pass them off as from those previous movies.

Last edited:
They change costumes for the heroes every movie and hasn't it already been stated Electro won't be blue this time? So that is 1 possibly confirmed redesign. You are telling me the Green Goblin won't at some point see all the shiny new toys the MCU has that his world didn't and won't upgrade his own stuff? I bet he will
Marvel hasn't made merch for some of these characters in nearly 2 decades. Merch based on Dafoe's GG would sell simply based on the fact that the design would, for all intents and purposes, be new to the kids buying the toys.

Didn't one of the leakers state that Dafoe is playing his version of the character? There's a difference between a slight retcon and straight up trying to pretend that THIS is the guy we saw in 2002:
aa55deae50668889a6f14ad992ac0e6e.jpg

Which seems absurd :funny:

Yeah, the changes will be slight at best.

And it's been nearly a decade so rightfully so

Marvel hasn't made merch for some of these characters in nearly 2 decades. Merch based on Dafoe's GG would sell simply based on the fact that the design would, for all intents and purposes, be new to the kids buying the toys.

Didn't one of the leakers state that Dafoe is playing his version of the character? There's a difference between a slight retcon and straight up trying to pretend that THIS is the guy we saw in 2002:
View attachment 46632

Which seems absurd :funny:

Again, if you think they ain't getting Stark tech upgrades or something, thus changing their looks up, I think you are naive. I also think there isn't anything wrong with costume changes mid movie. Again, heroes do it all the time.

Costume changes are hardly retcons. Though that said I wonder how they will approach Foxx's Electro. Will they change his character along with his costume?

No point bringing these guys back if there isn't a single recognizable element to their previous movie appearance. it would just be the same actor for no reason playing a different character with a different look. which in a sense could work. but it misses the point of bringing the actors back. the audience are meant to be able to tie these villains back to a particular appearance. and if the audience don't recognize it... then it kinda makes it pointless right?

I'm expecting more of an upgraded look, rather than a total redesign.

No point bringing these guys back if there isn't a single recognizable element to their previous movie appearance. it would just be the same actor for no reason playing a different character with a different look. which in a sense could work. but it misses the point of bringing the actors back. the audience are meant to be able to tie these villains back to a particular appearance. and if the audience don't recognize it... then it kinda makes it pointless right?

I'm expecting more of an upgraded look, rather than a total redesign.

I don't see how it's the whole point of bringing them back if they wear the same clothing. Surely the point of bringing them back is their character and having some continuity with that as opposed to their costumes?

A redesign of Goblin's look won't impact that and would plase most fans and what difference could it make if Molina's Ock wore a white suit or green jumpsuit? I don't get the fixation of having the villains wear the same costume they did over a decade ago, especially when some of them failed to resonate with fans at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"