Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread - Part 4

So the fact they said targeting 2022 and not saying like q1 2022 or spring 2022 worries me that it could get pushed back to 2023. man oh man that does not look good like 6 years to make a game reusing assest from the first game like really? 6 years for a new IP sure but for this?

Prediction time BOTW 2 will come out early 2023 and will be a cross gen game with what ever the next gen nintendo system is called and we will not get a switch pro.

So the fact they said targeting 2022 and not saying like q1 2022 or spring 2022 worries me that it could get pushed back to 2023. man oh man that does not look good like 6 years to make a game reusing assest from the first game like really? 6 years for a new IP sure but for this?
That's what I think.

2023 seems most likely.

Its Nintendo. Plus, you can't really underestimate just how much covid screwed up Japanese development. Japanese business culture is not very adaptable to remote work. And I would suspect a project under the eye of a fossil like Aonuma would be especially tough to adapt. Just compare the releases of Smash characters last year to the first season of DLC.

A Zelda game probably takes a bit more time to figure out new mechanics than Splatoon and Smash.

Its Nintendo. Plus, you can't really underestimate just how much covid screwed up Japanese development. Japanese business culture is not very adaptable to remote work. And I would suspect a project under the eye of a fossil like Aonuma would be especially tough to adapt. Just compare the releases of Smash characters last year to the first season of DLC.

A Zelda game probably takes a bit more time to figure out new mechanics than Splatoon and Smash.

Yeah its just there has been a lot of talk about how development time for Zelda games has kind of been taking longer and how even with reusing assest its still taking a long time. Like if they where not reusing assets would it be like 8 years from BOTW to this? Before covid I thought this would be like a late 2020 game than with covid I thought late 2021.

very good analysis. More hyped now.

Good Analysis. He picked up on a lot I hadn't considered like link's overall appearance in the sky dive shot and how it looks closer to the tapestry. Could that be the link from 10,000 years ago? Do we finally get to actually use the temple of time? If it is and that was his hand how was he re-incarnated? Or was that hand a tool created by the Sheikah?

If they're going back to the sky and this is a long shot probably not right concept but does the war 10,000 years ago even pre-date Skyward Sword which is why we don't see that Link with the Master Sword? I know Demise is first and Gannondorf was what came after but that does leave it open that time is cyclical in this world. Though Demise was imprisoned before Skyward Sword too so could this be another ancient evil? I don't remember Gannondorf being crucified.

That did make me feel a lot better about the trailer. Still given the mechanics being re-used this seems to be taking it's time. I know it's Nintendo but still.

Last edited:
Really pumped for this game. Watched a heap of trailer analysis's and breakdowns. Really love the green toga look.

I winder if they are holding back on showing Link's face because he could possibly have the same tattoos he has on his hand.

So Mummy Ganon confirmed?

So Mummy Ganon confirmed?

Nope. It's still by far the most likely choice but they haven't used the words Ganon/Ganondorf yet. Though if the source of the malice was Ganondorf and it created Calamity Ganon it's most likely him. Demise would be in interesting twist but that creates more questions than answers.

I'm still wondering based on the trailer if the Link in the opening, is the bearded one from the tapestry in the original game and that's why we didn't see his face.

Does anyone else think that Breath of the Wild 2 is just a working title and they're going to go with something else? Only because no title was given in the trailer and the series has never had a "2" title before.

Does anyone else think that Breath of the Wild 2 is just a working title and they're going to go with something else? Only because no title was given in the trailer and the series has never had a "2" title before.
Of course it's just a working title.

It is a sequel. But they have specifically said they have not revealed the title to the game, because it would be a spoiler. So while I think it will probably have some form of Breath of the Wild in there, it won't be the only aspect.

Considering the corpse of Ganondorf and the lands in the sky that have a real Skyward Sword vibe to them, I could see those things playing into the title.

Of course it's just a working title.
lbW6Ykk.jpg

Would be amazing if Link had a beard.

That's no way to talk about Zelda....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"