**OFFICIAL** Thor: Love & thunder spoilers thread

Korg is just an excuse for Taika to do some voice acting in these films. Yeah, if you're a fan of Thor's supporting characters then Ragnarok, Infinity War and now Love & Thunder have completely gotten rid of them and it's a shame.

Korg is just an excuse for Taika to do some voice acting in these films. Yeah, if you're a fan of Thor's supporting characters then Ragnarok, Infinity War and now Love & Thunder have completely gotten rid of them and it's a shame.

I am, it's a pretty solid grievance I have with the recent Thor films. One of the things I love about Thor's world is his friends and supporting cast, the classic guys like Hogun (my favorite), Fandral, Volstagg, Sif and Heimdall.

I hate how the recent Thor films just disregard them and at this point down right disrespects them.

This movie made me hate Korg. I actually thought it was nice they “killed” him, but nope, just another excuse for a joke.

Think about where this franchise is at ......

Thor had one film to be with the Warriors Three then was eventually replaced with a best friend Kronan to go on adventures with and now is stepdad (or uncle whatever) to Gorr's daughter.

WelcomeUncomfortableAnole-size_restricted.gif

2012 jaqua99 would have convinced himself this still sounds like a movie he'd like, sheerly out of being a Thor movie.

2022 jaqua99 will do no such thing! In a lot of ways, I am a Thor fan more than I am a Marvel fan. He is a very important character to me, always has been, and always will be. But I'm also a fan of film in general. I'm a fan of characters. I'm a fan of quality storytelling. What I am not a fan of is pandering. And that's what the MCU is today, pandering to an audience. Let's not pretend that ANYONE should have an expectation that an MCU film, especially a solo film, will be better than average at it's absolute best. These aren't quality films. But they're enjoyable. Iron man 1, Dr. Strange, Thor 1, Infinity War for example were all solid character driven films.

That being said, it's a shame that Thor can't receive that treatment. Everything I'm reading in this thread sounds like it's a glob of satirical nonsense.

This is not the classic character of Thor. This is Chris Hemsworth exercising his comedic talents in a nonsensical Taika film in a Thor costume. Everything about it sounds disrespectfully satirical to Thor's lore, history, and characterization. I know I can't critique what I haven't seen, only what I've read.

It sounds utterly nonsensical, and reminds why Spiderman is the only MCU film I've spent any money on in over 4 years.

My buddy and I were planning on seeing this tomorrow, but given that we only get to see each other once every two months, we'd rather spend that money at breweries lol

I may be on an Island here, but Thor 1 is the best characterization of the character we've seen.

Today, he feels like a European jock who is attempting to pass the 12th grade for the 7th time.

No one will convince me that this is Thor lol

I am, it's a pretty solid grievance I have with the recent Thor films. One of the things I love about Thor's world is his friends and supporting cast, the classic guys like Hogun (my favorite), Fandral, Volstagg, Sif and Heimdall.

I hate how the recent Thor films just disregard them and at this point down right disrespects them.
The brief Sif scene, I loved her energy. It is a shame we never see her interact with Valkyrie in the last two movies and now Jane in this.

So is that officially the Hercules they're going to use moving forward? Who was the actor?
I would assume they have Hercules be a villain for part of the movie, I don't think he will stay bad and they will fight Zeus or another villain. It was Brett Goldstein he is in Ted Lasso which I know is pretty popular show. I never watched it so not sure if Goldstein is good or his style.

I think a couple of scenes like that could have been awesome to see and built more dread around Gorr.
Yes they should have had another God killing battle especially since the 1st God he killed was terrible CGI. That God also was not expecting it, so they needed to show him fight a God once word got around.

But I guess they thought kidnapping kids was enough by itself:shrug:

I may be on an Island here, but Thor 1 is the best characterization of the character we've seen.
Thor 1 is my 2nd favorite performance of him. The 1st is Avengers 1 just think he had a perfect blend of royal God that sees himself a bit above humans. He had some good comedy moments in it too. IWs would be my 3rd favorite from him.

The thing is too all three had different directors so he is able to perform different Thors. It is just very dependent on what the directors want. I don't think Feige may care much what personality as long as the story they need to be told gets told.

I would assume they have Hercules be a villain for part of the movie, I don't think he will stay bad and they will fight Zeus or another villain. It was Brett Goldstein he is in Ted Lasso which I know is pretty popular show. I never watched it so not sure if Goldstein is good or his style.
Herc looked really good to me. Hopefully he is integrated very soon.

Yes they should have had another God killing battle especially since the 1st God he killed was terrible CGI. That God also was not expecting it, so they needed to show him fight a God once word got around.

But I guess they thought kidnapping kids was enough by itself:shrug:
To add to it they also probably didn't want us rooting for someone openly murdering and to actually show it. The 1st God was being an ass to Gorr when Gorr was loyal and needed them. They want the audience to feel sympathy for him at the end since he was not really a villain. Show him slaughtering some Gods that were nice according to Thor and that is a problem to the studio.

2012 jaqua99 would have convinced himself this still sounds like a movie he'd like, sheerly out of being a Thor movie.

2022 jaqua99 will do no such thing! In a lot of ways, I am a Thor fan more than I am a Marvel fan. He is a very important character to me, always has been, and always will be. But I'm also a fan of film in general. I'm a fan of characters. I'm a fan of quality storytelling. What I am not a fan of is pandering. And that's what the MCU is today, pandering to an audience. Let's not pretend that ANYONE should have an expectation that an MCU film, especially a solo film, will be better than average at it's absolute best. These aren't quality films. But they're enjoyable. Iron man 1, Dr. Strange, Thor 1, Infinity War for example were all solid character driven films.

That being said, it's a shame that Thor can't receive that treatment. Everything I'm reading in this thread sounds like it's a glob of satirical nonsense.

This is not the classic character of Thor. This is Chris Hemsworth exercising his comedic talents in a nonsensical Taika film in a Thor costume. Everything about it sounds disrespectfully satirical to Thor's lore, history, and characterization. I know I can't critique what I haven't seen, only what I've read.

It sounds utterly nonsensical, and reminds why Spiderman is the only MCU film I've spent any money on in over 4 years.

My buddy and I were planning on seeing this tomorrow, but given that we only get to see each other once every two months, we'd rather spend that money at breweries lol

Today, he feels like a European jock who is attempting to pass the 12th grade for the 7th time.

No one will convince me that this is Thor lol

I don't really see much of a difference in Thor in the first two Avengers films and the first two Thor films, what makes Thor 1's characterization any different than Avengers 1 Thor, AOU Thor or Dark World Thor?

They all had pretty much the same characterization.

The humor was definitely the weakest part for me. I found the goats fun and a few other bits I got a little chuckle out of, but I'm not a fan of how dry Taika's humor is. There were a few bits early on that were intended to be funny and my I didn't hear a single laugh in my audience either. I don't think it got any audible laughs from my audience at all except for maybe the goats once or twice.

I love how so many who complain about the jokes let the goats off the hook. Which is great, the goats deserve it. :up: :funny:

I don't think it got any audible laughs from my audience at all except for maybe the goats once or twice.
Not surprised. I don't think my audience was too into it
There was some laughter in my audience at least, but that made it even more painfully clear when a joke didn't land. Also, Heimdall showing up in the post-credit scene was the biggest moment in the movie, which actually got cheering and clapping.

Which might not sound like much, but in all the years I've been to these movies here, never heard any clapping. We don't really do that here. It might help that I went to a super early screening. Though I didn't think the character was that popular, to be honest. Also pretty awkward that the advertisement for the next movie was the biggest moment.

Just got back from the theater. All in all a very enjoyable experience that gave me exactly what I wanted in terms of resolving Thor and Jane's relationship. Although I'm not entirely sure how I feel about them actually showing us Valhalla, I think that works better if left to our imagination.

Anyway, now on to the next episode of the MCU serialized narrative. What's next on the schedule? I guess She-Hulk?

Thor had one film to be with the Warriors Three then was eventually replaced with a best friend Kronan to go on adventures with and now is stepdad (or uncle whatever) to Gorr's daughter.

Sounds like a good set-up to me, can't wait to see how Thor's step-niece turns out as she gets older. After all, this isn't the comics, it doesn't need to follow the beats or character dynamics of the comics, especially as it evolves in its own direction. As the wise Yoda once said, "You must learn to let go of all that comics stuff you fear to lose"

Last edited:
There was some laughter in my audience at least, but that made it even more painfully clear when a joke didn't land. Also, Heimdall showing up in the post-credit scene was the biggest moment in the movie, which actually got cheering and clapping.

Which might not sound like much, but in all the years I've been to these movies here, never heard any clapping. We don't really do that here. It might help that I went to a super early screening. Though I didn't think the character was that popular, to be honest. Also pretty awkward that the advertisement for the next movie was the biggest moment.
Same in my theater. None of the obvious “jokes” got a reaction. All the jokes when Thor is in New Asgard didn’t get a single laugh.

Biggest reaction was Heimdall.

My audience laughed several points throughout the film. :yay: A few examples:

- Thor giving permission to Star Lord to take the Milano.
- “Your arm is in Valhalla”
- The introduction of the goats.
- “Those where the dark ages…”
- Stormbreaker sneaking up on Thor
- Zeus antics
- The goats crashing face first into the moon

How often were the bad reactions to jokes in your audience?

Not notably bad reactions, but just a lot of moments where you can feel it was meant to be funny, but there was just an awkward silence.
I see, thanks. I can’t remember in my showing when people laughed but it was a weekday at 9am so not too many people there.

Scheduled to see this during week but nice surprise got to see a 3am showing barely filled theater avoiding loud crowd which was my intention so the adrenalin was pumping and then the movie happened

They butchered the Butcher. We only see him kill ONE miner Supreme being and the scene Bale giving his all emotionally reacting to his daughter dying then we get a cringey interaction with said God

Bale was great in the little time we see of him but he was in a totally different movie compared to everyone else. Loved Ragnarok but Taika went to ham here

Whatever Crowe was doing as Zeus I hated how all those gods there just stand around and for thst moment let him get murdered like wtf

Stuff with Jane I expected to be meh about I enjoyed Thor enchanting The hammer to protect her made sense to me tge cancer story arc was handled well Valkerie was wasted seems like she was just there

Man so looking forward to seen the God Butcher on screen and to get what we got dam. Bale deserved better. Hope to see the scenes they cut with Gorr in a future release

I love Ted Lasso so I'm familiar with actor who they pegged for Hercules but not sure I want to see Taika handle thst character tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"