Falcon and Winter Soldier "On Your Left" - FALCON / SAM WILSON aka the New Captain America

Reaction score
He has the vibranium shield now, but I want to see THE Red Wing with him.

Yeah, with Redwing and the shield he should become a more versatile combatant.

Plus I don't know why the US government wouldn't want Sam as Cap especially if Steve Rogers is out of the way

Witj Steve out of the way the US government in the story may want to have control over the symbol that is Capt. America, something that was harder to pull off given Steve Rogers respect with the public he had earned.

This is something that's been covered in the comics. Look up the origin of U.S. Agent/John Walker.

They definitely need to incorporate his comic book criminal past and pimp personality of "Snap" Wilson into this show. :o

Witj Steve out of the way the US government in the story may want to have control over the symbol that is Capt. America, something that was harder to pull off given Steve Rogers respect with the public he had earned.

This is something that's been covered in the comics. Look up the origin of U.S. Agent/John Walker.
Yep, and I think they might go with this here.

I think this series will start with Sam not wanting the title or position of Cap. But depending on how the series runs well see him come into his own on his own terms becoming an all new type of Captain America.

That sneak peek gave me vibes of some conflict with Sam about this all. Maybe it's just me.

They definitely need to incorporate his comic book criminal past and pimp personality of "Snap" Wilson into this show. :o

Just five minutes with the Time Stone is all I want. I'd go back to the 1970s and pimp-slap that f###ing "Snap" Wilson retcon out of Steve Englehart's head before he was allowed to write it. :angry:

Some imaginative combos of redwing and the shield could really be impressive in the right hands. Falcon should go up a level in this show.

i saw mackie on altered carbon season 2 last Thursday. A big year for him

I'll be happy to see him as Sam again.

Which is a little odd given I think the character has been underwritten and dull, with Mackie's swagger being used to make up that deficiency. Sorry... That's how I feel about both Sam AND Bucky in the MCU so far.

But that said... Mackie back as Sam will be refreshing because on this season of AC he was terribly dull.

Which is a little odd given I think the character has been underwritten and dull, with Mackie's swagger being used to make up that deficiency. Sorry... That's how I feel about both Sam AND Bucky in the MCU so far.

But that said... Mackie back as Sam will be refreshing because on this season of AC he was terribly dull.
Yep, Mackie’s swagger has boosted Falcon and masked the lack of material for the character, particularly after TWS. Winter Soldier has also lost too much of his edge since TWS and going back to being a hero. Hopefully this series is the opportunity for them both to make their mark.

Yeah, Bucky should still be essentially Ronin in Endgame
fully willing to get his hands dirty and take out some people who deserve it

I dunno about "lost his edge" though
He's had all of two minutes of screen time since Civil War, hard to judge

Bucky has definitely been underwritten. He has all kinds of fertile ground to explore, character-wise, with everything he's been through, and Sebastian Stan is at his best as angst-ridden characters like he played on Kings and Political Animals, so Bucky should be right up his alley, but they've barely scratched the surface.

Hopefully both he and Sam get a little more depth in the show where they can get the central focus they'll never have in the big movies.

Bucky has definitely been underwritten. He has all kinds of fertile ground to explore, character-wise, with everything he's been through, and Sebastian Stan is at his best as angst-ridden characters like he played on Kings and Political Animals, so Bucky should be right up his alley, but they've barely scratched the surface.

Hopefully both he and Sam get a little more depth in the show where they can get the central focus they'll never have in the big movies.

I loved POLITICAL ANIMALS and Stan fit that part like a glove, so he can do good stuff for sure.

Yeah, Bucky should still be essentially Ronin in Endgame
fully willing to get his hands dirty and take out some people who deserve it

I dunno about "lost his edge" though
He's had all of two minutes of screen time since Civil War, hard to judge
TWS Bucky could do a lot with 2 minutes screen time. :cwink:

I agree though, he needs to be willing to get his hands dirty now (given they are dirty anyway) and do some things the likes of Cap wouldn’t be able to to get things done.

Plus with the government, wouldn't Sam essentially be a fugitive still since he's helping Bucky out

Plus with the government, wouldn't Sam essentially be a fugitive still since he's helping Bucky out

If that hasn't been mooted by vast pragmatic pardons for all, then either the writers or the people in the setting are idiots. Which, seeing as the Avengers spent five years acting very obviously and publicly during the interim. . .

Why would Sam get rid of his more armored costume? Next thing you know he'll be wearing his old red & white "please shoot or stab me" costume from the comics with the exposed sides. :funny:

Why would Sam get rid of his more armored costume? Next thing you know he'll be wearing his old red & white "please shoot or stab me" costume from the comics with the exposed sides. :funny:

Having just checked some pictures from his prior costumes. . .

Possibility 1: "The new costume is just as protective as the old, it traded out the rigid plates for a more advanced and stronger flexible armor."

Possibility 2: "The new costume drops the rigid plates to save weight and improve flexibility, because ultimately Falcon is a skirmisher, and relies on dodging and blocking, not tanking."

Note that these are compatible with each other. Sam Wilson could have gone to Yee Olde Costume Shoppe, and went "Okay, for my new outfit build, lets drop the rigid plates. The new generation of composite fiber provides most of the same protection, and I'd rather improve my mobility than get a tiny bit of extra armor that won't really matter most of the time. Alien death rays and Starktech weapons would go right through those shoulder pads, anyway."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"