• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Falcon and Winter Soldier "On Your Left" - FALCON / SAM WILSON aka the New Captain America

I was ROFL when Sam came home to Louisiana. I know Mackie's from The Big Easy but I think it'd have been a very fun surprise if say Sam was from Wyoming or the Dakotas or something. There's Black people in that neck of the woods.

I was ROFL when Sam came home to Louisiana. I know Mackie's from The Big Easy but I think it'd have been a very fun surprise if say Sam was from Wyoming or the Dakotas or something. There's Black people in that neck of the woods.

Mackie worked on Sam's backstory with the writers, so that was the result of his input. It's a fresher take on Sam's life than giving him a "gritty, urban" background, which was the default for Black heroes on the '60s and '70s.

Maybe Rhodey will go back home to Minot, ND in Armor Wars. Who knows?

Mackie worked on Sam's backstory with the writers, so that was the result of his input. It's a fresher take on Sam's life than giving him a "gritty, urban" background, which was the default for Black heroes on the '60s and '70s.

Maybe Rhodey will go back home to Minot, ND in Armor Wars. Who knows?
Fair point. Would be just as fruitful if say Rhodey had been born on some Army or AF base and his family were all vets which gives us more deeper look at his very own support for the armed forces.

Given the Red, White, and Black influences the shows already pulling in, are we now exploring the question of "what does it mean for Sam to represent a country he might not feel represents him?" that's some pretty powerful stuff.

How in the hell does the title character only have 2 pages whereas even Sharon is on her 4th page?

Haha yeah I was wondering that too. Regarding the conversation about Sam’s potential love interest... Sharon seemed to be eyeing him up so maybe that will lead to something?

Haha yeah I was wondering that too. Regarding the conversation about Sam’s potential love interest... Sharon seemed to be eyeing him up so maybe that will lead to something?
I was thinking the same. At least one of Sam or Bucky should have a love interest. It's a 90s buddy comedy after all.

I was thinking the same. At least one of Sam or Bucky should have a love interest. It's a 90s buddy comedy after all.

Yeah. I liked that bartender that Bucky had a date with, but he likely blew any chance he has with her.

Yeah. I liked that bartender that Bucky had a date with, but he likely blew any chance he has with her.
Maybe for the best. She seem oddly unfazed by a 100 year old guy who was a former covert assassin who was recently pardoned by the govt. :loco:

I'm really enjoying Sam in this show. Being a lead gives him a bit more time to shine, obviously. It's nice to see him not in Cap's shadow, but dealing with it.

I like the approach he took with the boat and bank situation-makes perfect sense for him. If I were an avenger, I'd subtly try to use that to my advantage. It's also more realistic to see that saying "I'm an Avenger dude" doesn't instantly get him the loan.

I also really like his motivation for donating the shield. The anger in his voice when he told Bucky that he thought he was doing the right thing was perfect.

“I do what he does, just slower”

that’s Sam line, referencing Steve. I’m in the mindset Sam does become the new Cap, but i don’t want him to be Cap Jr.. Want him to show something that Steve didn’t whatever that may be. Flying does help lol

that’s Sam line, referencing Steve. I’m in the mindset Sam does become the new Cap, but i don’t want him to be Cap Jr.. Want him to show something that Steve didn’t whatever that may be. Flying does help lol

if sam was cap in civil war...there would be no civil war. he would've diffused the situation.

I read that line as “I do what he does, just shower” at first. I was wondering why he might spend all his time in the bathroom. Does flying around leave him so filthy?

Reactions: KBX
I like it. Or just say take Bucky he’s yours Tchalla/Tony

Well handing Bucky over to be summarily executed for something he either didn't do at all (in T'Challa's case) or had no free will over (in Tony's case) wouldn't have been the right thing to do either.

I loved the montage sequence of Sam getting control and understanding of how to throw the Shield. It showed progression as well as an acceptance.

if sam was cap in civil war...there would be no civil war. he would've diffused the situation.
I'm not sure that's the case. Besides a near-breakthrough with Karli, he did a poor job dealing with Walker and Lemar when they were being nothing but nice and trying to work with him. Sam and Bucky have a bit of a hand in forcing John to resort to some of the stuff he did that resulted in Lemar's death and John disgracing the shield and himself. I'd say up until Episode 4 or 5, he actually did a rather poor job dealing with Bucky.

Could he have been 'nicer' to Walker? Yeah.
Does he 'have' to work with him?
No.

Did he have a 'hand' in forcing Walker to resort to anything? Hell no. Walker is responsible for his actions completely...

And I'm a guy who agrees that Sam and Bucky should have treated Walker a bit better, even if still initially disagreeing to work with him.

Yeah, it’s a personal thing for Sam. It’s understandable that he wouldn’t want to work with Walker (though he may have reluctantly done so if Bucky wasn’t so adamantly against it). Steve was his friend and essentially his commanding officer, as well as someone he grew up idolizing. Then this new guy shows up shooting his mouth off saying he’s the new Cap, and not really bringing anything to the table other than a cocky attitude. I wouldn’t work with him either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"