Falcon and Winter Soldier "On Your Left" - FALCON / SAM WILSON aka the New Captain America

I'm quite curious how Blacks in Europe or Africa or Latin America/Caribbean would have seen Sam in the series and the wider world of Black superheroes?

I mean there's only so many and representation is key for so many people especially in today's climate.

I'm quite curious how Blacks in Europe or Africa or Latin America/Caribbean would have seen Sam in the series and the wider world of Black superheroes?

I mean there's only so many and representation is key for so many people especially in today's climate.

That would be its *whole* other season, I would say. And filled with land mines. If some people get outraged at the idea of the military not having a wholly villainous role in the lives of a bunch of African-American characters, imagining the shock and incomprehension if the story has a bunch of African people respond to Sam with a mix of "You are just another American in our eyes" and "What do you mean 'African', I'm not African I'm Nigerian/Kenyan/Sudanese/etc"?

That would be its *whole* other season, I would say. And filled with land mines. If some people get outraged at the idea of the military not having a wholly villainous role in the lives of a bunch of African-American characters, imagining the shock and incomprehension if the story has a bunch of African people respond to Sam with a mix of "You are just another American in our eyes" and "What do you mean 'African', I'm not African I'm Nigerian/Kenyan/Sudanese/etc"?
What I was referring to viewers as in African or Caribbean or European who watched the show and how they would have seen Sam and his transition to Captain America. I mean I gotta figure it's somewhat (though not to the same extent) of Black Panther's appeal globally after the film's release.

elizabeth-kathryn-anthony-17may21-11.jpg

elizabeth-kathryn-anthony-17may21-12.jpg

elizabeth-kathryn-anthony-17may21-13.jpg

elizabeth-kathryn-anthony-17may21-14.jpg

elizabeth-kathryn-anthony-17may21-15.jpg

I don't know why, but I want to see Sam interact with Thor, because I don't think they have ever interacted.

So will we indeed see a Cap 4 or will Sam most likely return in Avengers 5?

Shame they couldn’t have found a way to make him fly in

"So many things are twisted and convoluted. There’s so many things that people latch on to with their own devices to make themselves relevant and rational,” he says. “The idea of two guys being friends and loving each other in 2021 is a problem because of the exploitation of homosexuality. It used to be guys can be friends, we can hang out, and it was cool. You would always meet your friends at the bar, you know. You can’t do that anymore, because something as pure and beautiful as homosexuality has been exploited by people who are trying to rationalize themselves. So something that’s always been very important to me is showing a sensitive masculine figure. There’s nothing more masculine than being a superhero and flying around and beating people up. But there’s nothing more sensitive than having emotional conversations and a kindred spirit friendship with someone that you care about and love.”

I think its normal that people ship some characters.​

For some reason, the suit looks SO much better in daylight :cap:

"So many things are twisted and convoluted. There’s so many things that people latch on to with their own devices to make themselves relevant and rational,” he says. “The idea of two guys being friends and loving each other in 2021 is a problem because of the exploitation of homosexuality. It used to be guys can be friends, we can hang out, and it was cool. You would always meet your friends at the bar, you know. You can’t do that anymore, because something as pure and beautiful as homosexuality has been exploited by people who are trying to rationalize themselves. So something that’s always been very important to me is showing a sensitive masculine figure. There’s nothing more masculine than being a superhero and flying around and beating people up. But there’s nothing more sensitive than having emotional conversations and a kindred spirit friendship with someone that you care about and love.”

I think its normal that people ship some characters.​

Great response from Anthony. Sometimes you just have to put this nonsense to sleep.

For some reason, the suit looks SO much better in daylight :cap:

I still think the neckpiece bit looks stiff and redundant. Either protect his whole head including the top of it, or get rid of that rubber piece so he can turn his head properly and just have goggles.

No doubt it's been mentioned but I like the way he hold's his shield on his right, as opposed to Steve, who held it left handed.
Subtle differences make Sam's Cap stand out.

No doubt it's been mentioned but I like the way he hold's his shield on his right, as opposed to Steve, who held it left handed.
Subtle differences make Sam's Cap stand out.

If you want a Watsonian reason, maybe its because Sam isn't superhuman. He needs the full strength of his dominant arm in order to use the shield more effectively, whereas Steve had enough excess strength that for most shield usages, left arm was find and kept his right hand free for stronger and more precise punches, grabs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"