Ms. Marvel Season 1, Episode 6 "No Normal" (Spoiler Thread)

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
11daf80f8488325144410f0c2c64e595b0d492f6.gifv

Kamala is a mutant now. So I guess the bangle is just a powerful artifact and it was never connected to her powers at all. And I guess her Clandestine/Djinn heritage isn't related either.

Did my ears deceive me or did they use that new X-Men theme that MoM had when Bruno said Kamala was a mutant? But we should've known that was coming. Whenever they use the term Enhanced, you know what's up.

But anyway, I liked the finale.

Well that was a boring finale for a Xeries that could have been fun.

And don't getme started with that change... like c'mon is she going to show up in X-Men now?

So...
the bangle is a Nega-Band after all, then?

Enjoyed the finale. This series was dragged down by some truly crappy villains, but there was more than enough charm in the rest to make up for it to me.

So what happened at the post-credit scene? Has now Kamala been transported somewhere in space?

Kamala is a mutant now. So I guess the bangle is just a powerful artifact and it was never connected to her powers at all. And I guess her Clandestine/Djinn heritage isn't related either.

Kamran's powers are basically the same as hers and the clandestines still positively id'ed the energy she manipulates as the Noor they used in their home universe. The Djinn heritage is pretty clearly still related.

Cool to see Carol at the end. Wonder what happens next there - guess we find out in The Marvels, which I was already massively looking forward to.

What’s funny about the MCU changing Kamala from an Inhuman to a Mutant is that the very reason Kamala was created as a Inhuman in the comics in the first place was because Marvel didn’t have the film rights to X-Men, and they wanted to use Inhumans as a stand-in for them and de-emphasize Mutants. It’s clear to me that if Marvel had the X-Men rights from the very start that Kamala almost certainly would’ve been a mutant in the comics. Now that Marvel has the rights to use mutants without being sued they’re essentially done what the comics would’ve done had the rights situation been different back then. I wouldn’t be surprised if the comics follows suits and retcons Kamala to be a Mutant as well.

Last edited:
Marvel really wants you to forget about the Inhumans!
I wonder if she’s going to be just a regular mutant or eventually be written into X-Men one day.

What’s funny about the MCU changing Kamala from an Inhuman to a Mutant is that the very reason Kamala was created as a Inhuman in the comics in the first place was because Marvel didn’t have the film rights to X-Men, and they wanted to use Inhumans as a stand-in for them and de-emphasize Mutants. It’s clear to me that if Marvel had the X-Men rights from the very start that Kamala almost certainly would’ve been a mutant in the comics. Now that Marvel has the rights to use mutants without being sued they’re essentially done what the comics would’ve done had the rights situation been different back then. I wouldn’t be surprised if the comics follows suits and retcons Kamala to be a Mutant as well.
Just saw this after I posted. Does seem like it could be on the cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"