Ms. Marvel Season 1, Episode 6 "No Normal" (Spoiler Thread)

Great finale and I'm glad we finally got some real worldbuilding within the greater MCU with that reveal of Kamala being a mutant which honestly felt pretty satisfying IMO.

I'm sure that's something a lot of us have been waiting for and Marvel finally gave us some confirmation which hopefully makes a lot of the fans happy for what's coming next.

It was cool seeing Carol show up at the end too and as of right now I am definitely looking forward to The Marvels a lot more than I initially was after this show as well as how they are going to properly introduce the rest of the X-Men into the MCU which should be interesting to say the least.

So...
the bangle is a Nega-Band after all, then?

So what happened at the post-credit scene?

Cool to see Carol at the end. Wonder what happens next there

So.... yeah...

Captain_Mar-Vell_Rick_Jones_Nega-Bands.jpg

Great finale and I'm glad we finally got some real worldbuilding within the greater MCU with that reveal of Kamala being a mutant which honestly felt pretty satisfying IMO.

I'm sure that's something a lot of us have been waiting for and Marvel finally gave us some confirmation which hopefully makes a lot of the fans happy for what's coming next.

It was cool seeing Carol show up at the end too and as of right now I am definitely looking forward to The Marvels a lot more than I initially was after this show as well as how they are going to properly introduce the rest of the X-Men into the MCU which should be interesting to say the least.
I love how it was handled. Not getting in the way of the show at all, a very quick scene at the end when everything from the show was already resolved. And she reacts as if it’s nothing - “Keys please!” :funny:

That was big enough and then we get Carol at the end to kick off The Marvels hype!

This feels like an overall satisfactory mix and match to give her some powers that have the stretching/body-morphing along with the cosmic construct and projection stuff to fit in with her fellow Marvels. I’m just glad we got to hear her say Embiggen!

One thing I did think was weird was that they established in episode 2 that she didn't have superstrength and the big hardlight fist was almost too heavy for her to lift, but apart from that scene she never seems to have trouble using massive hardlight arms and she's even able to catch and move a car now. So that scene from episode 2 just made it a bit confusing for me.

Also, that was G. Willow Wilson among those Tiktoks at the end right? I initially didn't recognize her because you only see pictures of her in hijab nowadays and she wasn't wearing it here.

So Agent Cleary isn't as evil after all.....he has a human side!

Oh wow, I didn't even catch the theme in there! I just went back to watch that scene again. I thought the cue in Multiverse of Madness was just a fun easter egg but this could mean that they might be bringing that theme back fully for the MCU X-Men.

That tune is iconic bro, they need to just keep it and spam it. I get all nostalgic whenever I hear it.

Oh wow, I didn't even catch the theme in there! I just went back to watch that scene again. I thought the cue in Multiverse of Madness was just a fun easter egg but this could mean that they might be bringing that theme back fully for the MCU X-Men.

That tune is iconic bro, they need to just keep it and spam it. I get all nostalgic whenever I hear it.
It will probably be a combination. They have used the '60s Spider-Man theme and Giacchino's theme in different ways for their Spider-Man movies, I expect the X-Men movies will be similar with the '90s theme used during the Marvel Studios opening crawl of their first movie and as a motif for the X-Men, while they also have a new theme original to the MCU.

It will probably be a combination. They have used the '60s Spider-Man theme and Giacchino's theme in different ways for their Spider-Man movies, I expect the X-Men movies will be similar with the '90s theme used during the Marvel Studios opening crawl of their first movie and as a motif for the X-Men, while they also have a new theme original to the MCU.
Yep, was going to say exactly the same. It will be definitely be used in some way, just seems a waste when you have a very nostalgic and popular theme already, but I also expect a new theme to identify MCU X-Men long term.

Well, I guess Kamala is our first mutant. I am cool with it. I loved this show from a family drama POV. But as a superhero action show, this was lacking. The villains were all bad. The Clan Destine were the most boring set of antagonists ever and Damage Control also was grossly underdeveloped. I wouldn't have deleted any of the family stuff from the show, but I feel like this needed more time. Like 1 to 2 episodes worth of time to make these villains not garbage. I also wish the action scenes were filmed better.

So overall, solid series. But lower on my list than several other D+ shows

Well, I guess Kamala is our first mutant. I am cool with it. I loved this show from a family drama POV. But as a superhero action show, this was lacking. The villains were all bad. The Clan Destine were the most boring set of antagonists ever and Damage Control also was grossly underdeveloped. I wouldn't have deleted any of the family stuff from the show, but I feel like this needed more time. Like 1 to 2 episodes worth of time to make these villains not garbage. I also wish the action scenes were filmed better.

I don't get why the recent shows have been only 6 episodes. Most of them needed more time. Then WV was 9 and bloody What If was 9 and She Hulk will be 9. Are they contractually obligated to have only multiples of 3 for episode count?!

Kamran's powers are basically the same as hers and the clandestines still positively id'ed the energy she manipulates as the Noor they used in their home universe. The Djinn heritage is pretty clearly still related.

Confusing.

So Agent Cleary isn't as evil after all.....he has a human side!

Seemed like he cared more about how bad this would look for them publicly. He's still a scumbag. So is Deever.

My best guess is the blue light stuff is the wristband and the shape shifting is her mutation

As a big final action sequence, a fight with Damage Control was dull. This should've been like the middle of the show. Plus, it was nothing but a glorified Home Alone trap with the Damage Control goons. They literally start pelting them with softballs and then use elephant toothpaste.

Don't kill off your villains in the penultimate episode.

My best guess is the blue light stuff is the wristband and the shape shifting is her mutation
I didn’t think about that aspect but I like it. I like the combination of powers too and she could be a dynamic character with all those tools available to react to situations.

As a big final action sequence, a fight with Damage Control was dull. This should've been like the middle of the show. Plus, it was nothing but a glorified Home Alone trap with the Damage Control goons. They literally start pelting them with softballs and then use elephant toothpaste.

teenagers using actual weapons that hurt or kill federal agents is not a good look.

Last edited:

Vile I actually liked that whole sequence, and it evoking that Home Alone feeling. When they had Kamala's brother and friends acting as decoys with Damage Control chasing them, I half wanted them to play Scooby Doo chase music LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"