No Way Home SM: No Way Home - The Rotten Tomatoes Thread

I can see critics being harsh. Complaining that there is too much fan service

No Way Rotten!

So I voted for Certified Fresh, since its the same directed Homecoming and Far from Home.

MCU just had its first rotten with Eternals. I don't think this will get one. Its got too many class characters coming into it that will save it from that even if the story is bad.

I can see critics being harsh. Complaining that there is too much fan service

I do think this will be a complaint from some.

But overall I'm sure the movie will review well. It's a movie that will likely follow the well oiled MCU formula machine, it will be fine. John Watts clearly works well for the MCU, makes sense that he's getting Fantastic 4.

Last edited:
Probably will land somewhere close to the other MCU Spidey movies but I'd predict higher to mid 80s instead.

Can we please keep all discussions of reviews here and not in other threads?

MCU just had its first rotten with Eternals. I don't think this will get one. Its got too many class characters coming into it that will save it from that even if the story is bad.
Imagine if this got a rotten rating - a back to back rotten rating for Marvel Studios. Then another miXed reviewed Spider-Man movie featuring Andrew/Tobey. It would not be good.

Yeh a mid to high 80’s seems like a pretty solid guess.

Critics seem to genuinely like Holland's Spider-Man since Homecoming has a 92% rating and Far From Home is sitting at 90%. I'm guessing it could land between 87% and 92%. The nods to the Raimi movies are only going to help it.

So apparently there will be critics screenings on Friday, 2 weeks before the movie hits theaters.
Will there be a review embargo? Will we get quick first impressions?

Shang Chi also had the first screenings 2 weeks before release. There was a review embargo but there was those first impressions shred online. Same thing with Eternals.

Last edited:
I assume there'll still be a review embargo until a few days before release to prevent spoilers, much like Endgame.

I'd say certified fresh and mid to high 80s.

Both home coming and far from home did well and I think this will do even better with best live action spiderman villains back. So going 95.

I’m gonna guess around the high 80’s

Wouldn’t surprise me if this gets lower than Homecoming and Far From Home. Infinity War is considered the best Avengers movie but yet it’s the second lowest rated one out of the four.

So apparently some critics have already seen the film and the review embargo will be lifted in like 9 hours.

So apparently some critics have already seen the film and the review embargo will be lifted in like 9 hours.
Looking forward to seeing these when I wake up.

I'm inclined to believe that it'll have the lowest of the 3 (but still fresh I imagine). I can see all of the nostalgia bait, including CGI de-aged villains, really rubbing critics (and non-fans) the wrong way. Add the fact that the story was still being worked on as it was filmed, and I think there's a decent chance this thing's a giant mess. I hope it's great (I hate the Spider-Verse concept, mind you, but I still want it to be good).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"