No Way Home SM: No Way Home - The Rotten Tomatoes Thread

I'm inclined to believe that it'll have the lowest of the 3 (but still fresh I imagine). I can see all of the nostalgia bait, including CGI de-aged villains, really rubbing critics (and non-fans) the wrong way. Add the fact that the story was still being worked on as it was filmed, and I think there's a decent chance this thing's a giant mess. I hope it's great (I hate the Spider-Verse concept, mind you, but I still want it to be good).

Honestly, I think you’re right. I can see this one being divisive. I would not be shocked at all if it ends up rotten.

Honestly, I think you’re right. I can see this one being divisive. I would not be shocked at all if it ends up rotten.

Definitely can see it being the lowest of the 3, considering how much there seems to be going on in this movie. I’ll be shocked if it ends up rotten though…don’t see that happening at all.

So apparently some critics have already seen the film and the review embargo will be lifted in like 9 hours.

I am not sure what time the premier thing is tonight but yeah got to think some saw it already has having reviews out tonight seems kind of hard to do when only seeing the movie tonight lol.

So RT was about 12 minutes late lol but now reviews are going up so far 13 for 13 on positive with a average of 8. C+ is the worst so far basically.

I have no idea why some people were worried about reviews for this one. It's gonna do well.

A lot of fans view Far From Home as a middling MCU film (myself included) and that scored really well on RT.

The reviews weren't going to be the same as the Eternals.

It's very early days to be calling it based on 13 reviews. Remember RT (at the start) adds batches of reviews based on whether they're positive or negative (check the first few pages of each movie's reviews). There could easily be 13 negative ones sitting there ready to get uploaded.

For example, Eternal's first 8 reviews were glowing. Wonder Woman 1984's first 20 reviews were glowing.

Metacritic is a better example, which probably indicates its going to come in just under Homecoming and Far From Home.

Last edited:
I have no idea why some people were worried about reviews for this one. It's gonna do well.

A lot of fans view Far From Home as a middling MCU film (myself included) and that scored really well on RT.

Just another way to get hyped I guess. Far from home is pretty high on my MCU not middle at all. Looks like the site is kind of buggy now lol. It said 0 reviews again just a minute ago even after refreshing lol.

The reviews that are popping up are ranging from "pretty good" to "OMG this is the Spidey version of Endgame!"

Pretty sure it's going to be in the high 80s-90s at RT going into 2022.

It's very early days to be calling it based on 13 reviews. Remember RT (at the start) adds batches of reviews based on whether they're positive or negative (check the first few pages of each movie's reviews). There could easily be 13 negative ones sitting there ready to get uploaded.

For example, Eternal's first 8 reviews were glowing. Wonder Woman 1984's first 20 reviews were glowing.

Metacritic is a better example, which probably indicates its going to come in just under Homecoming and Far From Home.

Thats true but there are also some movies that start out lower and end up going kind of higher. Also its average score is good right now and that's another good sign but yeah early really need like a 100 reviews. Even than some times movies can still fall like another 10%.

Thats true but there are also some movies that start out lower and end up going kind of higher. Also its average score is good right now and that's another good sign but yeah early really need like a 100 reviews. Even than some times movies can still fall like another 10%.

From memory, Wonder Woman 1984 went from like 85% to rotten after 100 reviews. Same happened to Joker as well for different reasons.

Signs are looking good for this though. Metacritic has gone up, not down, the more reviews that have been added.

From memory, Wonder Woman 1984 went from like 85% to rotten after 100 reviews. Same happened to Joker as well for different reasons.

Signs are looking good for this though. Metacritic has gone up, not down, the more reviews that have been added.

Didnt realize that Wonder Woman 1984 started that high such a let down it was has I loved the first Wonder Woman would put it above quite a few mcu movies in fact.

Not surprised by the 100% on RT with about 30 reviews. The amount of fan service, nostalgia and character popularity lends itself to a thumbs up which is evident in the first wave of reactions/reviews.

Now the most important thing is really the Average Rating which is a much more accurate indication of the movie's overall quality and that sits at an 8.2/10 at the moment. That’s really good as a start for a MCU film but not incredible and it I should gradually drop down to a 7.8/7.7 as more reviews are added which would still be a top tier MCU rating.

Top 5 MCU movies on RT plus their Average Rating:

1. Black Panther - 96% / AR: 8.3/10
2. Avengers: EG - 94% / AR: 8.2/10
3. Iron Man - 94% / AR: 7.7/10
4. Thor Ragnarok - 93% / AR: 7.6/10
5. SM: Homecoming - 92% / AR: 7.7/10

SM: No Way Home - 100% / AR: 8/10 (44 reviews)

On Metacritic:

1. Black Panther - 88%
2. Iron Man - 79%
3. Avengers: EG - 78%
4. GOTG - 76%
5. CA: Civil War - 75%
6. Thor Ragnarok - 74%
7. SM: Homecoming - 73%
8. Doctor Strange - 72%
9. SM: No Way Home - 71% (18 reviews)

Regarding RT I think it’s important to get at least 100 reviews(most MCU films have over 300/400) to have a better/more accurate idea of its place in the ranking while those metacritic reviews account for basically 40% of the usual total.

Last edited:
45 reviews in.

100%

8.1 rating.

Awesome start!! With all that they are taking on here I expected at least a few negatives out of the gate.

With the 100% start maybe they both paid up this time. :D

VQYxaYp.png

Friendship you say?

Great reviews so far. I was worried critics wouldn't like much and think its overstuffed. I should have known that Jon watts would pull this off as he did the other two. Guy doesn't get the respect he deserves in this fandom. I'm glad he'll be directing Fantastic Four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"