No Way Home SM: No Way Home - The Rotten Tomatoes Thread

Marvel with the huge rebound coming off Eternals.

It's Spider-Man, there's no way It's not going to be certified fresh!!

tumblr_n0ejmlWkTS1rjh2ymo1_r1_250.gif

^ Yeah I was just going to say TASM 2 is the one rotten rated one of the bunch.
Spider-Man 3 came close but managed to stay fresh, although it wasn't certified fresh.

Spider-Man 3 came close but managed to stay fresh, although it wasn't certified fresh.

I always thought that was a fair reflection of the movie because although the movie is messy its not outright bad. Its got some good scenes and moments that save it from being horrible. Unlike TASM 2 which I thought was terrible and took a dump on so many aspects of the Spider-Man mythos.

I always thought that was a fair reflection of the movie because although the movie is messy its not outright bad. Its got some good scenes and moments that save it from being horrible. Unlike TASM 2 which I thought was terrible and took a dump on so many aspects of the Spider-Man mythos.
Agreed. The only things that kept TASM2 from being entirely unwatchable were the suit, the innovative web-swinging shots, and Andrew and Emma's chemistry.

Update: Top 5 MCU movies on RT plus their Average Rating:

1. Black Panther - 96% / AR: 8.3/10
2. Avengers: EG - 94% / AR: 8.2/10
3. Iron Man - 94% / AR: 7.7/10
4. Thor Ragnarok - 93% / AR: 7.6/10
5. SM: Homecoming - 92% / AR: 7.7/10

SM: No Way Home - 97% / AR: 8/10 (74 reviews)

On Metacritic:

1. Black Panther - 88%
2. Iron Man - 79%
3. Avengers: EG - 78%
4. GOTG - 76%
5. CA: Civil War - 75%
6. Thor Ragnarok - 74%
7. SM: Homecoming - 73%
8. SM: No Way Home - 73% (24 reviews)

Regarding RT I think it’s important to get at least 100 reviews(most MCU films have over 300/400) to have a better/more accurate idea of its place in the ranking while those metacritic reviews account for basically 40% of the usual total.

As to be expected the RT ratings decrease a little while the Metacritic rating has actually gone up.

Last edited:
Here’s the consensus on RT (at the moment)

A bigger, bolder Spider-Man sequel, No Way Home expands the franchise's scope and stakes without losing sight of its humor and heart.

Very encouraging start. While we may individually feel different when we all see NWH, based on these 60+ reviews alone it appears this film manages through a crowded ensemble.

You know things may be clicking when reviewers are talking about Electro like they missed him.

TASM2 is bottom of the pile by a long way for me. It actually has a few things I like a lot but overall it's way behind the next worst Spidey film.

Very encouraging start. While we may individually feel different when we all see NWH, based on these 60+ reviews alone it appears this film manages through a crowded ensemble.

You know things may be clicking when reviewers are talking about Electro like they missed him.
Yes, just getting to this point means they haven't totally F'd up this crazy idea - which was very possible to do.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Relieved to see the reviews. First time back on the hype in a LONG time.

I still think the worst Spider-Man flick is the first TASM movie. It's a remake of Raimi's first Spidey flick with none of the charm and the new plot points are dropped as quickly as they're introduced.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Relieved to see the reviews. First time back on the hype in a LONG time.

Nice to see you back Joe! Excited to hear your thoughts!

Reactions: JOE
I still think the worst Spider-Man flick is the first TASM movie. It's a remake of Raimi's first Spidey flick with none of the charm and the new plot points are dropped as quickly as they're introduced.

Worse than ASM2?

Worse than ASM2?

Yes.

I prefer AM2 over the first. It's more of a mess but that one at least has it's own identity.

I think SM3 is bad and just as much as a mess. But there is moments of enjoyment with Raimi's touch and the memes are hilarious.

Last edited:
I don't think any Spider-Man film so far is awful.

I agree with this. None of the worst entries are Superman 3 levels of bad. The worst thing I can say is that SM3 and ASM2 are utter messes. Well, there are some legitimately bad things in ASM2, however that movie alone has some of the best scenes of all the live action films. A strange Jekyll and Hyde syndrome that movie is.

Still hurts me that people hate on amazing spiderman 2 its better than amazing spiderman 1 in ever single way not one thing I like better than 1 and I think spiderman 3 is easily the worst spiderman movie but still not bad. Amazing spiderman 2 is the most underrated movie I have ever seen. I was watching some videos online of a guy who makes YouTube videos where him and his GF watch movies she has not seen before and like her reaction to them and both him and her thought amazing spiderman 2 was much better than 1 and I am like finally some one else gets it Fell like that is the first time I have heard someone else like 2 more than 1.

Still hurts me that people hate on amazing spiderman 2 its better than amazing spiderman 1 in ever single way not one thing I like better than 1 and I think spiderman 3 is easily the worst spiderman movie but still not bad. Amazing spiderman 2 is the most underrated movie I have ever seen. I was watching some videos online of a guy who makes YouTube videos where him and his GF watch movies she has not seen before and like her reaction to them and both him and her thought amazing spiderman 2 was much better than 1 and I am like finally some one else gets it Fell like that is the first time I have heard someone else like 2 more than 1.

I think that TASM is a better movie, more focused, the story flow better, it's more smooth, but... I still like TASM2 way more, it's messy but I love it, what I can say? xD

Anyway, I don't see TASM2 as something as bad as people used to say, it's not worse than most MCU movies that are really average and it certainly doesn't deserve so low score on RT, I'd rather watch TASM2 than previous Holland movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"