• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played the Arkham games in so long so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

Haven't been able to play many games lately, but I think this is gonna be a definite pick up for me. :up:

I've booked two days off work to play this game once it gets released.

I might do the same and give myself an extended weekend to play this!

what is the opinion here of Yuri Lowenthal's voice acting so far? as Peter Parker and his previous work?

what is the opinion here of Yuri Lowenthal's voice acting so far? as Peter Parker and his previous work?

I think he's fine. No hard opinon either way thus far (but it is a tad early)

But I'm not gonna lie: Rino Romano returning from the PS1 Spider-Man games and Spider-Man Unlimited would have made me squeal. Still my favorite Spider-Man voice actor.

On another note: 2 weeks until Sony's E3 conference!!

I think he's fine. No hard opinon either way thus far (but it is a tad early)

But I'm not gonna lie: Rino Romano returning from the PS1 Spider-Man games and Spider-Man Unlimited would have made me squeal. Still my favorite Spider-Man voice actor.

I am glad they didn't pick anyone from past Spiderman media, as much as I appreciate them. I wanted someone new for a fresh start, and my first pick for the voice actor was Joseph Gordon Levitt. Yuri is alright, although his dramatic acting can be a bit flimsy at times. All in all, the gameplay and story are only things that make or break the game for me

On another note: 2 weeks until Sony's E3 conference!!

Oh yeah, to be honest I had totally forgotten :D can't wait for their promised deep dive into the game

Last edited:
I hope we get some cool footage from E3, but I also don't want them to give away too much.

I hope we get some cool footage from E3, but I also don't want them to give away too much.

Around the ps2 era when I got games based on the cover or someone chose it for my birthday gift, there was a fun sense of mystery because I hadnt seen any gameplay before getting my hands on it

Now its too exciting and too accesible not to check out some footage. I will stay away from everything after the upcoming main E3 footage

I guess there's no reason for me to look at new footage. I already know that I'm getting the game anyway.

I just want a good look at the web swinging, that is all I want from them at E3.

I just want a good look at the web swinging, that is all I want from them at E3.

I think this is the camp I'm in. haha

I just re-watched the Gameinformer gameplay and I have to say, the swinging is what will make or break this game. (To an extent.) It looks a little off to me...kind of reminiscent to Beenox's swing mechanic. They purposely push players away from obstructions like walls etc etc. (Gameinformer gameplay video: The, I believe it's Time Square, when Spider-Man web grabs the helicopter...he starts straight but then, when he enters the swing, he's suddenly horizontal.)

That's something I think Spider-Man 2 (2004) did masterfully. There was an insane amount of skill when controlling Spider-Man's movement. I really wish I could record gameplay of me playing that...all these video walkthroughs etc etc, there are only a handful of people who truly embrace Spider-Man's movements.

Before streaming was a thing, I'd have friends ask to watch me swing through the city when we played the game. They were always so perplexed by how fast I could move Spider-Man. Sometimes, if you weren't paying attention, you could literally lose sight of him. That's the same kind of thrill/speed I want to see in Insomniac's Spider-Man game.

The swinging right now looks as though he's just floating. There doesn't seem to be velocity/speed to his movements/gravity. Unlike the "web rush" mechanic Insomniac lifted from Beenox, that you actually do get a sense of speed and movement. I'd love to see Insomniac adapt something akin to the swinging seen in the first Amazing Spider-Man movie. I always love how his body would jolt subtly as gravity takes hold.

I'm stoked to see what they have in store for fans at E3.

Imagine how embarrassing it would be if they clocked it in an hour lol.

No I’m looking forward to this, can’t wait to see mr negative in a game!

I would love for a Spider-Man 2 "remake" or remaster, similar to what they do for Crash and Spyro.

I would love for a Spider-Man 2 "remake" or remaster, similar to what they do for Crash and Spyro.

That is borderline impossible, sadly.

Spider-Man 2 is cult favorite for it's web-swinging and that's about it. It's also only one game. The draw for the Spyro and Crash remasters are that they have 3 very popular, hit games in them. Not one moderately successful, cult-classic, based on a a movie from 2004.

Plus, there's probably some legal issues since Activison published it and they now no longer have the liscene. The game may be forced in a shared ownership state where Activison owns the game but Marvel or Sony has the publishing rights so it's just stuck.

Hopefully this game will fill that hole :)

Remasters of the first 2 PS1 games would be better in my opinion but I'm not sure if I even want that. I really like the original PS1 aesthetics so I might not like the new graphics.

Personally I'd love to see a remaster of Ultimate Spider-Man, it's easily my favorite Spider-Man game so far. The map wasn't as huge as the other free-roam Spidey games but it felt much more diverse and interesting to swing around, especially with the addition of Queens, and the swinging itself was pretty fun and responsive.

Last edited:
Hasbro is doing a Marvel Legends figure based on the game.

jcaehxkeyf211.jpg

Jeezus gamma Goliath buy him a drink first before asking that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"