Playstation Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Death threats are unethical and totally unacceptable behavior. These people who are freaking out over a character design in a video game. Are given fans a very bad representation of fandom. It’s sad to see toxicity creep it’s way into social media society so rampantly.

If you are surprised that this happened, you have not been paying attention. The toxicity has been very, very loud for quite some years.

At least 20 years if not more but it has only gotten worse. Death threats are practically expected by this point even if they are and always have never been acceptable ways to voice your dislike. The difference now is some of these psychotics who might actually try to follow through.

this video is super long but I agree with pretty much everything they said. I would recommend watching it if you don't like the redesign

I got an update for the game on PS4, hoped it wouldn't be the new model. I'm glad it was not a face update for the PS4.

I got an update for the game on PS4, hoped it wouldn't be the new model. I'm glad it was not a face update for the PS4.
There's no ps4 free update regarding this change.

Its only for the people buying the Spider-Man ps5 version iirc. Sony showing their greediness once again. Meanwhile RDR2, GTA V, The Witcher 3 and other third party games like Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, you only need the ps4 disc and it would be upgraded for free in the ps5 with the enhanced neXt-gen version.

Its only for the people buying the Spider-Man ps5 version iirc. Sony showing their greediness once again. Meanwhile RDR2, GTA V, The Witcher 3 and other third party games like Watch Dogs Legion and Assassin's Creed Valhalla, you only need the ps4 disc and it would be upgraded for free in the ps5 with the enhanced neXt-gen version.
Here's my take on this.
GTA V and RDR really make their money off online play. They want as many people playing this thing on the PS5 so they can keep milking them. (Also this is GTA V's SECOND remaster. They sure charged full price the first time.)
CDPR are famously pretty cool about these things.
Watch Dogs Legion and Assassins Creed Valhalla are released around the time the PS5 is released.

I know you're very angry about this, but talking about sony's greed and blah blah blah really is a bit much.

Here's my take on this.
GTA V and RDR really make their money off online play. They want as many people playing this thing on the PS5 so they can keep milking them. (Also this is GTA V's SECOND remaster. They sure charged full price the first time.)
CDPR are famously pretty cool about these things.
Watch Dogs Legion and Assassins Creed Valhalla are released around the time the PS5 is released.

I know you're very angry about this, but talking about sony's greed and blah blah blah really is a bit much.
I'm kinda over it honestly as I dont plan to play Spider-Man 2018 on ps5. You're still not changing my opinion and im not even commenting on your eXcuses regarding Sony's greediness. So L-o-L.

For Honor a 2017 game is only giving the next gen upgrade for free. I just read that after I posted that.

Charging for the upgrade is greedy, but not the worst you'll see in the market. Sod's law is this remaster will have cost Insomniac more for doing the face replacement. It could well be why they are charging for the upgrade.

Charging for the upgrade is greedy, but not the worst you'll see in the market. Sod's law is this remaster will have cost Insomniac more for doing the face replacement. It could well be why they are charging for the upgrade.
the thing is the reaction to the face replacement is not good. So this is really just for those who haven't bought the game before in ps4 and would be buying the ps5 version. While the next upgrades for ps4 games, iirc are optional to the games who are offering it for free. They aren't automatically installed. You have to go to the playstation page/store and download it there. Meaning if this Spider-Man remaster/next gen upgrade is given for free, the user will be given a choice to the ps4 version owners whether to get the update or not.

I understood why Sony went ahead with the recast because of the long term plan for the series but the sequel isn't announced yet, its not coming out next year, there's no footage whatsoever. So its just pure greediness imo especially Spider-Man 2018 was already a system seller. They could at least give the upgrade for free or if their reasoning is they hired a new actor then don't include the remastered cutscenes featuring the new actor.

Eh, will be sticking with the PS4 version which I am halfway through then getting the PS4 version of MM as well.

I still have so many PS4 games to play i’ll be holding off on the PS5 for a while. Can see why the face change annoys others though.

Man does this game ramp up in the 2nd half, seeing why so many praise it now and glad I bought the DLC to tackle once I finish.

Guys I’m trying real hard here to adjust to Peter’s new look and I’m struggling. Its not even that the face itself is bad it just...doesnt fit this version of Peter that they’ve already established. Yuri’s voice acting wouldnt even fee natural coming from that face. I dont know, I’m not gonna make a mountain out a molehill and im sure we’ll all get used to it but...why though? Lol

It's terrible. I think I could get over the change if I liked the new choice but I really don't. The guy just seems much younger and kind of really punchable, ha. Insomniac have done so much right in regards to this license that this stands out even more. It bothered me a lot and still bothers me. Low-key hoping they walk this back.

AljEHI5fdDlWeZjXSj-dCaX9n8Av-zScnL95-K14BV7xzVgf6IvIfDUZB80yDCUanKSA6yB3mewEnA=s800-nd

Old face undeniably looks better. I'm still not abig fan of their spider suit tbh. There are a few designs in the first game where I think they just dropped the ball like Electro and Tombstone. Going through their concept art book there were a lot of designs I was glad they didn't go with.

I know that this is going to be unpopular but I think it's perfectly reasonable for Insomniac to charge $20 for the remaster.

It takes a surprising amount of time and money to upgrade the base game to take advantage of the PS5's architecture with ray-tracing and higher frame rates. Insomniac is a business and they need to recuperate those costs if not turn a profit. When you paid for Spider-Man PS4 you didn't do so in the expectation that you'd get a free next-gen upgrade.

If Nintendo can release a "remaster" of Mario 64 on the switch that isn't even in HD with much better free PC Ports then I think we can overlook this.

I have to say the Amazing Spider-suit looks really good in the update, one of my favourite suits now.

Things I want from the sequel would be a better face for Peter than the current one, a better base suit as I can’t get along with the big white spider, Ben Reilly spider-man was a real nice variation they could use. I’d also like more variations on the street crimes as they do get samey and more detail on background characters. Finally I’m dying to see their take on the symbiote/black suit.

Did the Scorpion hallucination section last night. I know this game does copy some stuff from the Arkham games but man that felt like a carbon copy of the Scarecrow parts.

Just got the platinum for the main game. I enjoyed it but something about this game didn’t ever quite click for me. Maybe because it was the first game I played after God Of War and not many games will compare to that for me.

But man was the story just classic Spiderman stuff, and that ending got me big time, even though it had been spoiled for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"