Street Fighter VI

I do intend on giving Bryan a good go at some point. Focusing back on SF for now with number 6 due out in a few months. I definitely prefer the gameplay of Tekken and MK.
I love Mortal Kombat too but haven’t played as much as Tekken and SF. Also never taken the time to get good at any one character on it. One day I will be up to date on all my fighting games!

I love Mortal Kombat too but haven’t played as much as Tekken and SF. Also never taken the time to get good at any one character on it. One day I will be up to date on all my fighting games!

MKX was great mate highly recommend it. Not played XI yet but will do. SFV does have plenty of SP content now, really hope Tekken 8 has more.

Damn, Capcom is throwing some serious money at this game. They announced the prize pool for the next Capcom Pro Tour, which is going to be SF6. A $2 million prize pool, with the winner getting $1 million.

That is an insane prize pool for a fighting game. Even for Street Fighter.

I expect a lot of rage from Smasher....

MKX was great mate highly recommend it. Not played XI yet but will do. SFV does have plenty of SP content now, really hope Tekken 8 has more.
I love single player material, especially story modes within fighting games. The more extensive they make those the better for me.

Yeah, started MKX but need to go back and play it properly.

Damn, Capcom is throwing some serious money at this game. They announced the prize pool for the next Capcom Pro Tour, which is going to be SF6. A $2 million prize pool, with the winner getting $1 million.

That is an insane prize pool for a fighting game. Even for Street Fighter.

I expect a lot of rage from Smasher....
Huge money! Hopefully it means a very high quality competition.

Who’s the Smasher guy? Doesn’t like big prize pots?

I love single player material, especially story modes within fighting games. The more extensive they make those the better for me.

Yeah, started MKX but need to go back and play it properly.

Yeah as someone who never played online I love me a fighter game with a good story. Netherrealm seem the experts hopefully Street Fighter is starting to do the same. Just need Tekken to follow suit now.

Huge money! Hopefully it means a very high quality competition.

Who’s the Smasher guy? Doesn’t like big prize pots?

I was trying to refer to Smash players. Nintendo ain't ever going to give money a fraction of that amount to tournaments, let alone that amount.

I was trying to refer to Smash players. Nintendo ain't ever going to give money a fraction of that amount to tournaments, let alone that amount.
Oh right haha, yeah no way they would pay out anywhere near that much. Guess top players of different games could be a bit jealous when others are getting so much more in their prize pot.

Yeah as someone who never played online I love me a fighter game with a good story. Netherrealm seem the experts hopefully Street Fighter is starting to do the same. Just need Tekken to follow suit now.
These are my favourite fighting games I can think of and want top quality and long stories for all of them.

Street Fighter
Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Injustice
Marvel Vs Capcom
Killer Instinct

Oh right haha, yeah no way they would pay out anywhere near that much. Guess top players of different games could be a bit jealous when others are getting so much more in their prize pot.

I am curious to see Bamco's reaction. They are about the only other company invested in fighting game e-sports. And the money they give for the Tekken tour is no where near that.

I am curious to see Bamco's reaction. They are about the only other company invested in fighting game e-sports. And the money they give for the Tekken tour is no where near that.
I wish Tekken could get up there with Street Fighter. I guess there’s not much of a Soul Calibur scene from Bamco?

I wish Tekken could get up there with Street Fighter. I guess there’s not much of a Soul Calibur scene from Bamco?

Before this announcement, I would have said Tekken and SF were comparable in terms of having a tournament circuit. I'm sure Soul Calibur has a decent tournament scene, just not a big organized tournament series like you see with Tekken and SF.

Before this announcement, I would have said Tekken and SF were comparable in terms of having a tournament circuit. I'm sure Soul Calibur has a decent tournament scene, just not a big organized tournament series like you see with Tekken and SF.
Oh that’s great to hear on both Tekken and Soul Calibur. I like watching what I can but don’t have much awareness of the overall dynamics of the scene beyond seeing whatever I happen to see.

So, betting we get the last 4 characters revealed in the State of Play this Thur.

Are these likely to be all new characters?

Based on the leaks, no. Actually, double checked, only 3 characters left, though I think Guile is going to be part of the group in the trailer.

Lily (new character), Cammy, and Zangief are the ones still needed a trailer of the base roster

Based on the leaks, no. Actually, double checked, only 3 characters left, though I think Guile is going to be part of the group in the trailer.

Lily (new character), Cammy, and Zangief are the ones still needed a trailer of the base roster
Nice, thanks for the info. :up:

These are my favourite fighting games I can think of and want top quality and long stories for all of them.

Street Fighter
Tekken
Mortal Kombat
Soul Calibur
Injustice
Marvel Vs Capcom
Killer Instinct

The first 5 are most certainly mine. Not played the bottom 2 but Marvel Vs Capcom certainly interested me.

The first 5 are most certainly mine. Not played the bottom 2 but Marvel Vs Capcom certainly interested me.
The top 4 are long term classics I've been around most of my gaming life and Injustice was a great recent addition. I really loved Killer Instinct after they had released all the characters. MvC is a super fun series. I love the characters and the various team ups you can have in it.

The top 4 are long term classics I've been around most of my gaming life and Injustice was a great recent addition. I really loved Killer Instinct after they had released all the characters. MvC is a super fun series. I love the characters and the various team ups you can have in it.

Yeah same on the top 4. I played the first ever Soul Blade and loved it so VI will be my first in the series since. I did love the Injustice games as a comics fan. That's also why Marvel Vs Capcom is on my radar.

Yeah same on the top 4. I played the first ever Soul Blade and loved it so VI will be my first in the series since. I did love the Injustice games as a comics fan. That's also why Marvel Vs Capcom is on my radar.
Yeah if you’re a fan of fighting games and a fan of comics they are an easy win and will be a lot of fun even if you don’t like the game’s individual mechanics, and no real reason not to. Re Soul Calibur, IV is one of my all time favourite fighting games. Hopefully VI is every bit as good.

Honestly I just wish Namco would release a remaster, or even just a minimalist port, of the original Soul Blade. That is the one I have nostalgia for.

Yeah if you’re a fan of fighting games and a fan of comics they are an easy win and will be a lot of fun even if you don’t like the game’s individual mechanics, and no real reason not to. Re Soul Calibur, IV is one of my all time favourite fighting games. Hopefully VI is every bit as good.

Yeah Marvel vs Capcom ticks all the boxes for me for what I like so it’s absolutely on my list. I loved the first ever Soul Blade, was so inventive at the time. Was surprised when I saw the franchise was still going.

Yeah Marvel vs Capcom ticks all the boxes for me for what I like so it’s absolutely on my list. I loved the first ever Soul Blade, was so inventive at the time. Was surprised when I saw the franchise was still going.
The other thing I love about the MvC series is the 3 on 3 team up. I also loved Tekken Tag for that. Would like if more fighting games did that to encourage people to get good with more than one character, and for more dynamic situations and crazy fun.

SC4 gave the series a big boost. Feels like 5 was a bit less popular so they are owed a huge one next time out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"