• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 58

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it won’t happen, but the schadenfreude side of me is really rooting for Fury of the Gods to outperform Black Adam somehow.

I never wish for anyone’s downfall, but oh that would be hilarious. Again, I can imagine the social media meltdown.

Let's just hope it isn't homophobic or transphobic if it does happen.

I would hope he wouldn’t be that ignorant to stoop so low.

I would hope he wouldn’t be that ignorant to stoop so low.
I mean, it's the Rock. They were his favorite insults when he was wrestling and his early days on Twitter. Hell, he built an entire feud with Cena around the idea that only kids and gay folk supported Cena, and "real men" supported the Rock. Dude's PR game has become more family friendly, but you can tell he still has some sketchy views on masculinity.

I mean, it's the Rock. They were his favorite insults when he was wrestling and his early days on Twitter. Hell, he built an entire feud with Cena around the idea that only kids and gay folk supported Cena, and "real men" supported the Rock. Dude's PR game has become more family friendly, but you can tell he still has some sketchy views on masculinity.
Oh I see what you mean. Hopefully there’s nothing like that going forward then.

Oh I see what you mean. Hopefully there’s nothing like that going forward then.
I do wonder sometimes. Because when the Rogan stuff went down, he decided he needed to apologize when the use of the N word came up, but when the other issues with Rogan and even the Rock himself came up, he kept quiet on it.

I'm more interested in literally everything but Black Adam in the movie. The trailers are super generic in a way that makes it feel like a lost film from 2010. Like it's part of the Green Lantern cinematic universe.

I gotta admit, I’m only mildly interested in BA because of my Bond loyalty for Pierce Brosnan. And even then that’s not enough for me to see it in theatres.
He does look good though.

I'm more interested in literally everything but Black Adam in the movie. The trailers are super generic in a way that makes it feel like a lost film from 2010. Like it's part of the Green Lantern cinematic universe.
It's kind of hilarious that you can tell when the script was first written. Like the scenes/moments clearly lifted from Iron Man. It's the same with pretty much every scene. Black Panther, Ant-Man, Man of Steel, etc. The film has no identity of it's own. Which feels like an actual disservice to the character.

I do wonder sometimes. Because when the Rogan stuff went down, he decided he needed to apologize when the use of the N word came up, but when the other issues with Rogan and even the Rock himself came up, he kept quiet on it.
I don’t quite know what this is - is this Rogan the Joe Rogan podcast guy? Does sound a bit dodgy then to only apologise for one and not the other. I don’t think it will go down well at all if he links any of that old material even slightly/subtly into anything he does in future.

I don’t quite know what this is - is this Rogan the Joe Rogan podcast guy? Does sound a bit dodgy then to only apologise for one and not the other. I don’t think it will go down well at all if he links any of that old material even slightly/subtly into anything he does in future.
Yeah, Joe Rogan. When people were trying to get Rogan taken off Spotify, the Rock decided to defend him. A lot of the early stuff was about Rogan's transphobia and especially his anti-vaxx "opinions". A bit down the line, Rogan's racist past came up. A video edit of a lot of the racists things he had said, including the consistent use of the N word. Suddenly the Rock backtracked, and apologized stating he didn't know about the racism.

Last edited:
Yeah, Joe Rogan. When people were trying to get Rogan taken off Spotify, the Rock decided to defend him. A lot of the early stuff was about Rogan's transphobia and especially his anti-vaxx "opinions. A bit down the line, Rogan's racist past came up. A video edit of a lot of the racists things he had said, including the consistent use of the N. Suddenly the Rock backtracked, and apologized stating he didn't know about the racism.
Oh right thanks, that’s disappointing. :csad:

I gotta admit, I’m only mildly interested in BA because of my Bond loyalty for Pierce Brosnan. And even then that’s not enough for me to see it in theatres.
Brosnan as Fate is literally the only thing that could convince me to see this in theaters. This should've just been a JSA movie, all that stuff looks pretty neat. Everything else, I couldn't care less about.

If the Rock was as smart as he likes to say he is, I would've thought after Hercules failed, he would've understood why. Instead he's making the same movie again and expecting me to forget that movie exists :o

Tell me theres a difference:

One of my favourite things about the Black Adam marketing is how much they want to emphasize "I'm an anti-hero, I'm a total loose cannon, this isn't your Marvel superhero!!!" The Rock has such a corners rounded off, family friendly persona that it's like watching a Disney animated movie pitch itself as edgy.

One of my favourite things about the Black Adam marketing is how much they want to emphasize "I'm an anti-hero, I'm a total loose cannon, this isn't your Marvel superhero!!!" The Rock has such a corners rounded off, family friendly persona that it's like watching a Disney animated movie pitch itself as edgy.
Black Adam kills his enemies unlike all those other lame heroes :o

Meanwhile:
SelfreliantCriminalArieltoucan-max-1mb.gif

Yeah, Joe Rogan. When people were trying to get Rogan taken off Spotify, the Rock decided to defend him. A lot of the early stuff was about Rogan's transphobia and especially his anti-vaxx "opinions". A bit down the line, Rogan's racist past came up. A video edit of a lot of the racists things he had said, including the consistent use of the N. Suddenly the Rock backtracked, and apologized stating he didn't know about the racism.
The horror. An actor admitting they didn't know everything and apologizing for it.

The horror. An actor admitting they didn't know everything and apologizing for it.
The horror is ignoring the bigotry related to trans people and the anti-vaxx conspiracy that helped prolong the pandemic, and is an example of why polio is making a comeback. I thought that was fairly obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"