The Drakon Project--Insomnia

Drakon

I got a rock.
Reaction score
Greetings, one and all. As most of you who speak to me outside of the Hype already realize [as well as those of you who consistantly see me here], I suffer from insomnia. It's been a battle I've fought with off and on for well over ten years [and I'm only 22 :(]. Sometimes, I can sleep for an hour and that keeps me awake for DAYS, others I can sleep for days and it keeps me up for an hour. This is what this thread is for.

I want to keep an online record of my sleeping patterns. This thread will last one week, as to get a good idea as to when I generally fall asleep, and when I generally wake up. I'll also toss in some of my day's activities and diet from time to time, [nothing specific, of course--a man's gotta keep SOME secrets ;)]

I ask you all to PLEASE keep the Loungechat in the Lounge--this isn't a chat thread. And I ask my fellow SHH! Staffers to please not merge this with the lounge, or any of the other insomnia threads.

So far, I've been up for an hour. This was the first day I got a good amount of rest [from 2pm EST to 9pm EST]. I woke up feeling somewhat better, but with a sore back. I've got a friend coming over later, and he and I are going to play Magic: The Gathering and probably plan out for next week's D&D Game.

Hey, Dickless, I came up with thread a few months ago.:cmad: Close this and, like, grow some balls, and a leg and some stuff.

I'm sorry:(

i feel for you, drak. While i don't suffer from insomnia per se, i grew up with my own weird disorder/version. Once i got used to a sleep situation i stopped being able to sleep.

That included both times and places. I needed to find someplace new every few days. I slept all over my house growing up- Beds, Couches, chairs- my parents found me sleeping on the stairs a few times.

It wasn't till i met my fiancee that i started being able to sleep in the same bed, every night, consistently. I didnt think things would ever get easier, but they did.
SO there's hope- things can change:up:

I still get bouts every once in a while- and i still sleep best when im in a new, unfamiliar place, but at least i can usually sleep.

Does exercise help you at all?

Darren Daring said:
Hey, Dickless, I came up with thread a few months ago.:cmad: Close this and, like, grow some balls, and a leg and some stuff.

I'm sorry:(

Go host the 2006 Brodie Awards or something. :o

maxwell's demon said:
i feel for you, drak. While i don't suffer from insomnia per se, i grew up with my own weird disorder/version. Once i got used to a sleep situation i stopped being able to sleep.

That included both times and places. I needed to find someplace new every few days. I slept all over my house growing up- Beds, Couches, chairs- my parents found me sleeping on the stairs a few times.

It wasn't till i met my fiancee that i started being able to sleep in the same bed, every night, consistently. But they did.
SO there's hope- things can chnge:up:

I still get bouts every once in a while- and i still sleep best when im in a new, unfamiliar place, but at least i can usually sleep.

Does exercise help you at all?

I get that from time to time, too. Specifically because after a while, my back starts to hurt from sleeping wherever I was sleeping for long periods of time. So I'd find myself just as nomadic as you. Although, to this day, the best sleep I ever got was in my desk at my old High School. :up:

Honestly, the exercise doesn't really help me that much. Granted, I don't go out and do much, due to my prostetic not fitting as it should. But I do work out some around the house--situps here, pushups there. You know, nothing drastic, but at least enough to notice.

yeah- situps and pushups can help. But even stretching can get you to break a sweat- tire you out and re-set your bodyclock. Have you thought about yoga? there are lots of floor exercises you could probably do without much trouble.

sucks about the prosthetic. how long have you had the model you have now?

And of course, lately, reading a book will usually put me out after ten pages:o

Darren Daring said:
The Brodies are held in December, everyone knows this:mad:

Your face is held in December! :cmad:

Darren Daring said:
The Brodies are held in December, everyone knows this:mad:

go kill Ronny and get on with the vote.
I'll tell everyone it was my fault. honest.

maxwell's demon said:
go kill Ronny and get on with the vote.
I'll tell everyone it was my fault. honest.

I'm waiting for Ronny's vote. I thikn he's withholding it for... certain reasons.

edit- removed because I didn't notive the thig at the end of Drakon's post:(

theoneandonly said:
drak you know ifd you cant get to sleep im the man
:huh:

If I weren't so lazy I'd merge this with the Lounge just to spite Mr. Sleepy Cake. :cmad:

My problem is I sleep in 2-3 hour shifts throughout the day. Go to sleep, get up 2 hours later to do stuff and stuff, then go to sleep for 2 hours. :csad:

Insomnia sucks. Not only that, but half the kids my age don't even know what "insomnia" is or understand it. They always give me grief about it, or tell me to just go to sleep. Idiots I swear...
Id say I've had chronic insomnia since my parents divorced. Uh...So I'd say 7 years?

Good luck, Drak

Edit: damnit, I meant DRAKON.

theoneandonly said:
drak you know if you cant get to sleep im the man

If I know I can't sleep, I often keep myself busy

theoneandonly said:
DL my good freind

i mean halo 2

I know I still owe you HALO... I'll get there, I promise. :(

Have you ever tried medication, Drak?

I prefer to stay away from sleep medication, due to the fact that my family has a history of addiction on both sides.

I just ate two egg sammiches, Kraft Mayo and Cheese. It was delicious.

Hades said:
Have you ever tried medication, Drak?
I personally don't recommend any sleeping pills, my friend got addicted to it. She too had insomnia, though she had some personal issues which I didn't know about before but she later got better after talking it out.

Oh and yoga classes, she said the breathing exercises helps alot.

Breathing meditation definitely helps.

Clears your head.

After a breathing meditation session you feel like you don't

have a single problem in the world.

For a few minutes anyway.

I do.

DOG LIPS said:
:huh:

If I weren't so lazy I'd merge this with the Lounge just to spite Mr. Sleepy Cake. :cmad:

My problem is I sleep in 2-3 hour shifts throughout the day. Go to sleep, get up 2 hours later to do stuff and stuff, then go to sleep for 2 hours. :csad:

I wish I could sleep like that. I have problems sleeping at night. Sleeping during the day seems better to me... I have a problem don't I?:(

Drak, just triple your sex intake, or ask your girl how her day was. BOOM. Instant sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"