The Drakon Project--Insomnia

DOG LIPS said:
Drak, just triple your sex intake, or ask your girl how her day was. BOOM. Instant sleep.
Yeah, or hint that you like foreplay... and when she asks you, bam!

I had about 2 hours sleep before waking up. How do I get back to sleep without pills?

head + hard blunt object + repetetive forceful contact of both = sleepy time :up:

Or hire Ben Stein to read you bedtime stories...

I don't "have" insomnia. I am insomnia.
And I don't need to track any patterns or log any sleep-hours.
I know that Saturday and Sunday, I may get a decent ammount of sleep if I don't need to be anywhere at a specific time, though it will only come in 2-3 hour bursts,
...and that M-F I am SCREWED and I am the most bad-ass tough guy 'cause I can cater to millionaires and fake my way through life hungover on 1.5 hours of sleep a lot of the time and 4 hours of sleep would be a "super-good" day.

And I have little patience for roommates, girlfriends and neighbors who moan at 1:30 am ":(I gotta get up ur-lee tomorrow.:("

:o

Tsunulia said:
head + hard blunt object + repetetive forceful contact of both = sleepy time :up:

Or hire Ben Stein to read you bedtime stories...
Thks :up: there's some baseball on the box and it seems to be doing the trick.

DOG LIPS said:
Drak, just triple your sex intake, or ask your girl how her day was. BOOM. Instant sleep.

The spirit is willing, but the body is weak and spongy. :csad:

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I know that Saturday and Sunday, I may get a decent ammount of sleep if I don't need to be anywhere at a specific time, though it will only come in 2-3 hour bursts,
...and that M-F I am SCREWED and I am the most bad-ass tough guy 'cause I can cater to millionaires and fake my way through life hungover on 1.5 hours of sleep a lot of the time and 4 hours of sleep would be a "super-good" day.

And I have little patience for roommates, girlfriends and neighbors who moan at 1:30 am ":(I gotta get up ur-lee tomorrow.:("

I'm not going to compare myself to you.

My wang is bigger :o

Besides, I don't really drink that much. I've been "drunk" twice in the last 6 years.

Well, Drak...I've been an insomniac literally as far back as I can remember.

But once I got older and they stopped alotting nap-times at school, and then I had to start working for food, shelter and status....I desperately researched ways to defeat insomnia because it makes me feel like a walking corpse and my bones feel like they're turning into chalky powder.

So I read up on it, and to my horror, all the sources said the same things:(...

1) Don't read or watch TV in bed. Only get into to bed with the intention of sleeping.
2) Stop drinking coffee
3) Stop drinking alcohol
4) stop smoking
5) always get up at the same time every day, even on your days off

1) Ain't gonna happen
2) Ain't gonna happen
3) Ain't gonna happen
4) Ain't gonna happen
5) Ain't gonna happen

:csad: X 1,000,000

Even, you know the male stereotype, about rolling over and falling asleep the second you're done having sex?
I'm jealous as f***. I have no idea what that would be like.
I just lay there afterwards trying to hold still out of courtesy, sometimes for an hour or more, listening to her snore contented snores.

:( sucks ass.

My best friend/singer is the same way, and....I always heard you should never take a lot of sleeping pills with a lot of booze or you might die.

Well I've seen him take FOUR sleeping pills and then drink a bottle of wine, 2 big beers, some swigs of port and 2 or 3 glasses of cognac....and then stay up all night rocking out.

SUCH, a curse.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Well, Drak...I've been an insomniac literally as far back as I can remember.

But once I got older and they stopped alotting nap-times at school, and then I had to start working for food, shelter and status....I desperately researched ways to defeat insomnia because it makes me feel like a walking corpse and my bones feel like they're turning into chalky powder.

So I read up on it, and to my horror, all the sources said the same things:(...

1) Don't read or watch TV in bed. Only get into to bed with the intention of sleeping.
2) Stop drinking coffee
3) Stop drinking alcohol
4) stop smoking
5) always get up at the same time every day, even on your days off

1) Ain't gonna happen
2) Ain't gonna happen
3) Ain't gonna happen
4) Ain't gonna happen
5) Ain't gonna happen

:csad: X 1,000,000

Even, you know the male stereotype, about rolling over and falling asleep the second you're done having sex?
I'm jealous as f***. I have no idea what that would be like.
I just lay there afterwards trying to hold still out of courtesy, sometimes for an hour or more, listening to her snore contented snores.

:( sucks ass.

My best friend/singer is the same way, and....I always heard you should never take a lot of sleeping pills with a lot of booze or you might die.

Well I've seen him take FOUR sleeping pills and then drink a bottle of wine, 2 big beers, some swigs of port and 2 or 3 glasses of cognac....and then stay up all night rocking out.

SUCH, a curse.

1) I only get in bed with the intention of sleeping or sex. :(
2) I barely drink Coffee, but I DO drink Pepsi, and that's not stopping anytime soon.
3) I barely drink
4) Nonsmoker for the win
5) I never even SLEEP during these times. :(

And that stereotype, like I was talking to Daisy the other day about, is based really closely to truth. When a male orgasms, it produces tryptophan, which is the same chemical in turkey that puts you to sleep, whereas when a woman orgasms, it releases energy, which is why they often want to cuddle or make food after sex.

EDIT--I've also found this. http://www.helpguide.org/life/sleep_tips.htm

^well then you know what to do then.
(joking)

I have slight case of insomnia myself.

Drakon said:
And that stereotype, like I was talking to Daisy the other day about, is based really closely to truth. When a male orgasms, it produces tryptophan, which is the same chemical in turkey that puts you to sleep, whereas when a woman orgasms, it releases energy, which is why they often want to cuddle or make food after sex.

1) the "Turkey/Tryptophan Connection" (...someday we'll find it...) was debunked by scientists a while ago.

2) Are you saying I'm not a "real" man?!?:cmad:

also, You are a hardcore insomniac obviously since you don't have any of the exacerbating behaviours. But that's why I pointed out the fact that I've never been able to fall asleep since I was 2 or 3, and yes, my Mom and Dad restricted my caffeine, alcohol and nicotine intake during those years.

Face it, I kick your ass as an insomniac. :o

Wilhelm-Scream said:
1) the "Turkey/Tryptophan Connection" (...someday we'll find it...) was debunked by scientists a while ago.

2) Are you saying I'm not a "real" man?!?:cmad:

Also, You are a hardcore insomniac obviously since you don't have any of the exacerbating behaviours. But that's why I pointed out the fact that I've never been able to fall asleep since I was 2 or 3, and yes, my Mom and Dad restricted my caffeine, alcohol and nicotine intake during those years.

Face it, I kick your ass as an insomniac. :o

Tryptophan, in turkey or not, still increases production of seratonin, which helps sleep. :o

And no. You're the one saying you're not a real man. I never said it puts everyone to sleep--I never fall asleep after sex, either.

Yes you are.

Update. After failing to convince my girlfriend's drunk best friend out of going home drunk [and a threesome], I sat with my girl til about 3am EST, when she fell asleep on the couch. I'm going to wake her up a little later and make her go in the bedroom so she doesn't hurt her neck from sleeping on the couch all night.

My ribs feel weird. =\

Thats cause I've been kicking your ribs :cool:

In all honesty I've been plagued by insomnia lately too, though pretty recent of a thing. Many nights I won't be able to go to sleep until like 5 or 6, and then have to wake up a couple hours later... some days I can catch a nap, but others I can't even do that.

Drakon said:
Yes you are.

Update. After failing to convince my girlfriend's drunk best friend out of going home drunk [and a threesome], I sat with my girl til about 3am EST, when she fell asleep on the couch. I'm going to wake her up a little later and make her go in the bedroom so she doesn't hurt her neck from sleeping on the couch all night.

My ribs feel weird. =\
Dude. I don't know if I could ever do a threesome.

1) I like to be the star, absorbing the adulation of my laser-focused "audience".

2) Yeah your "ribs feels weird", 'cause insomnia melts bones into powder. :rolleyes:

3) I always want to say that Emo/JLBats crap like "I'm going to wake her up a little later and make her go in the bedroom so she doesn't hurt her neck from sleeping on the couch all night. " is goofy, but when it comes to Real Life,...yeah, I'm really like, "Oh no! *looks in closet for quilt so love o my life doesn't get cold in her dreams......while I watch crappy direct-to-video Horror DVD's."

You people are gross. I love sleeping
I took a nap at 4 and woke up at like 9:30 tonight. :csad: It's my beds fault though, for being so ****ing comfortable.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
Dude. I don't know if I could ever do a threesome.

1) I like to be the star, absorbing the adulation of my laser-focused "audience".

2) Yeah your "ribs feels weird", 'cause insomnia melts bones into powder. :rolleyes:

3) I always want to say that Emo/JLBats crap like "I'm going to wake her up a little later and make her go in the bedroom so she doesn't hurt her neck from sleeping on the couch all night. " is goofy, but when it comes to Real Life,...yeah, I'm really like, "Oh no! *looks in closet for quilt so love o my life doesn't get cold in her dreams......while I watch crappy direct-to-video Horror DVD's."

The threesome thing was a joke. I forgot the smiley again. :(

Update---

Approaching the 12 hour mark. I'm not really all that tired.

I forgot to mention that I lost when I was playing Magic 1-2. But I was playing a newly built deck versus three tried-and-true decks, and the only thing that REALLY Got me was lack of mana, so that makes me feel happy.

I spent about two hours reading all of the Guardian Devil series in one sitting--I had never finished reading it the last time. I had already known what was going to happen at the end [and to be honest, I probably would have figured it out by #3], but for some reason, the denoucement really kinda got to me. It's rare that a comic can really shake something up in me, but that one did, and did it well. Kudos for that.

Right now, I'm eating a pack of Chocolate Pop-Tarts left over from having my girlfriend's son over. Girlfriend's gonna go shopping when she gets off work, and we're running kinda low on groceries at the moment. Gonna hit some situps and stuff in a bit to counteract said Chocolate.

Drakon said:
Greetings, one and all. As most of you who speak to me outside of the Hype already realize [as well as those of you who consistantly see me here], I suffer from insomnia. It's been a battle I've fought with off and on for well over ten years [and I'm only 22 :(]. Sometimes, I can sleep for an hour and that keeps me awake for DAYS, others I can sleep for days and it keeps me up for an hour. This is what this thread is for.

I want to keep an online record of my sleeping patterns. This thread will last one week, as to get a good idea as to when I generally fall asleep, and when I generally wake up. I'll also toss in some of my day's activities and diet from time to time, [nothing specific, of course--a man's gotta keep SOME secrets ;)]

I ask you all to PLEASE keep the Loungechat in the Lounge--this isn't a chat thread. And I ask my fellow SHH! Staffers to please not merge this with the lounge, or any of the other insomnia threads.

Unlucky man :( :down I suffer from Insonmia too but it's not to bad.

So are you gonna get an imaginary friend and start an underground wrestling group?

I can't place the reference off the top of my head. But incidentally enough, I did start a Backyard Wrestling Alliance back in High School. Me and a buddy of mine were the Tag Team champs for a while [Think Hardy Boys meet Lance Storm and Justin Credible]

Edit--

Fight Club--DER!

Fight Club.:up:

Edit- Yessir. I'm surprised it took 2 pages for that reference.

Wilhelm-Scream said:

you aren't going to live very young wilheam cream sauce
but that' so kay:up:

Drakon said:
I can't place the reference off the top of my head. But incidentally enough, I did start a Backyard Wrestling Alliance back in High School. Me and a buddy of mine were the Tag Team champs for a while [Think Hardy Boys meet Lance Storm and Justin Credible]

Edit--

Fight Club--DER!

you shouldnt talk about fight club

dammit i just did

hardy boyz rocked

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"