The Irredeemable Ant-Man has been cancelled...

Eh, I tried reading the first issue and it just didn't grab me.

Same here. I guess i was just miffed that an Ant-Man book didnt go to Pym and/or Lang, but instead to totally NEW characters....

No big loss, for me.

Mainly because people are idiots who focus on Style over substance. Every book that is really good sells badly. Don't sweat it. This book gets canned, something else will just come along. And so it goes.
Honestly, I think Kirkman said it more aptly in his new interview; it's that people want books that actually matter in the larger universe. Change things. Effect things. That's one thing Ant-Man has never done.

Same here. I guess i was just miffed that an Ant-Man book didnt go to Pym and/or Lang, but instead to totally NEW characters....

No big loss, for me.
What's wrong with bringing in new characters? I mean, while I'm not an uber-big fan of the book, I must say, Eric seems like a better, and more original, replacement than most of the mantle-swappers out there.

What's wrong with bringing in new characters? I mean, while I'm not an uber-big fan of the book, I must say, Eric seems like a better, and more original, replacement than most of the mantle-swappers out there.

Sure fooled us.

I just felt that by virtue of Silver Age status, Pym should have been given a solo book in favor of any new characters.. Sure, he's had one shots, and a short run in Marvel Feature, but never his own solo book...

I also thought that his first adventure could have somehow involved bringing Lang back...another character that has paid his dues (although not as long as Pym)...

And lastly; while i know many folks think it's "kewl" for the new guy to peek at ladies in the shower, that never really struck me as heroic behavior.

I would have much preferred a Pym and Lang "buddy comic" over the two guys from Issue #1 (the only issue i read), neither of whom caught my interest....

I just felt that by virtue of Silver Age status, Pym should have been given a solo book in favor of any new characters.. Sure, he's had one shots, and a short run in Marvel Feature, but never his own solo book...

Ant-Man's Big Christmas is still a great read. :up:

I became a fan of Ant-Man with Scott Lang. Honest to god, I was more hurt they killed him off than Hawkeye in disassembled. At least Clint went out in a semi-heroic way. Scott just walked or flew over to Jack of Hearts and got blowed up.

Well,when will the last issue be out?Is it already out?Or will the book surive,and this is all exposure to help it escape being cancelled?

And lastly; while i know many folks think it's "kewl" for the new guy to peek at ladies in the shower, that never really struck me as heroic behavior.

Boy, you really missed the point of this series, Cap :D

Newsarama's got a short interview with Robert Kirkman about Ant-Man's cancellation...and how to bring him back...

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=118154

Cool interview. I loved some of the digs at Bendis and Kirkman somewhat mentioning his ONLY Top 10 selling hit, MARVEL ZOMBIES, a franchise that Marvel feels they "owe" him for because he keeps getting solo titles to write. Which is cool

He says if fans really want to help, to buy the digest in massive numbers.

I'll just grab the solo issue as I have since #1. The book actually did grab me from the start because of it's against-the-grain "hero" (in the loosest sense possible). So many of Marvel's books, even good ones, are rather cookie cutter (how many "random team of various characters" relaunches have we seen?), but this one was quirky and fun. It will be missed. But at least we had it for a year.

I also thought that his first adventure could have somehow involved bringing Lang back...another character that has paid his dues (although not as long as Pym)...
So, basically, because it wasn't what you expected, you don't like it? No offense, but isn't that a bit...hardheaded? I mean, at least try to be open to something new. It's one thing if you think the writing's bad, but to be against something just because it isn't what you imagined...
As Elijya hinted at; this Ant-Man isn't supposed to be a hero. That's what they mean by irredeemable. That's what makes it pretty original and fresh, IMO. Nothing Eric (Ant-Man) does is heroic. He's not a good guy. But that hardly makes him uninteresting.

I hope Eric gets to keep the suit and joins a team somewhere.

But where would he fit and what writer besides Kirkman do you think could capture the spirit?

Not saying it is impossible. Just curious as to thoughts. Granted, we still have another few months of the actual solo left. And I guess TECHNICALLY Eric hung around the Mighty Avengers a bit. Tony's willing to employ supervillains or pardon anyone who scrapes him up after fighting the Hulk, so lord knows Eric could fit in somewhere.

Granted, I could see him joining The Loners just to try to sleep with Julie, Mattie, or Turbo. :p

But where would he fit and what writer besides Kirkman do you think could capture the spirit?

Not saying it is impossible. Just curious as to thoughts. Granted, we still have another few months of the actual solo left. And I guess TECHNICALLY Eric hung around the Mighty Avengers a bit. Tony's willing to employ supervillains or pardon anyone who scrapes him up after fighting the Hulk, so lord knows Eric could fit in somewhere.

Granted, I could see him joining The Loners just to try to sleep with Julie, Mattie, or Turbo. :p

True :(

Pfft, Slott, Cebulski, maybe what's his face that's writing FF and soon Justice League of America.

McDuffie. It's like McDonald's and Patrick Duffy put together. At least, that's how I remember it, 'cause I'm a fat child of the early '90s.

You know you loved Cody until you found out he was a heinous wifebeater, too. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"