The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

I'm not too hung up on Boba's role in Season 2. I don't want to be disappointed. Plus, I was never happy with the backstory he was given in the prequels anyway. Sort of soured me on the whole thing.

Let's not forget, a lot of people convinced themselves Boba Fett was showing up in the first season, and he never did.

Well, you are getting Boba, along with Cobb Vanth/ Raylan Givens playing in Mando armor...

I think it's gonna be better than season 1, and they don't need to pre-sell anything honestly.

Well, you are getting Boba, along with Cobb Vanth/ Raylan Givens playing in Mando armor...

I think it's gonna be better than season 1, and they don't need to pre-sell anything honestly.

We'll see.

I'm not too hung up on Boba's role in Season 2. I don't want to be disappointed. Plus, I was never happy with the backstory he was given in the prequels anyway. Sort of soured me on the whole thing.

Let's not forget, a lot of people convinced themselves Boba Fett was showing up in the first season, and he never did.

I would be fine if he never showed up in this. I almost wish they would leave his fate from the Sarlacc ambiguous, but I know they won't. That said, there are some interesting ways you could approach bringing him back. If you wanted to avoid tying him to Jango and the clones, which I would prefer, you could treat it as a Dread Pirate Roberts scenario where someone else (or multiple someones) could occupy the armor.

I would be fine if he never showed up in this. I almost wish they would leave his fate from the Sarlacc ambiguous, but I know they won't. That said, there are some interesting ways you could approach bringing him back. If you wanted to avoid tying him to Jango and the clones, which I would prefer, you could treat it as a Dread Pirate Roberts scenario where someone else (or multiple someones) could occupy the armor.

That I think would be an interesting idea. Just leave it ambiguous and just keep the veil of mystery around the character.

I liked the approach to the first season where like you saw characters who were reminiscent of ones we knew but they were still brand-new characters, so they had no past package. Favreau and Filoni could start fresh and do what they want with the new characters without having to worry about established continuity.

Less than 24 hours to go... I am pumped!
Me too. I'm going to start my rewatch after I'm off work this week so nothing interrupts me. I'll probably finish everything Saturday.

And now we wait......

Wish they'd do a Netflix and just let me binge.

How I'm spending my time while I wait.
S0jr1Jz.jpg

So will this be premiering at midnight Pacific time or Eastern time?

I liked that The Boys started at 9PM on the west coast lol

Not actually Mando related, but these little videos are so good, I want as many Star Wars fans to see them as possible and this is kind of the SW hub on the board at the moment:

I was such a SW fan but was pretty burned out after Eps 7, 8 and 9 which I found underwhelming. Solo was forgettable and although Rogue One was a shining light, I felt it was a lucky strike.

I haven't watched The Mandalorian. The episode time was a bit off putting as I didn't think the story would be able to progress much in that limited time OR they'd cram too much in.

However with Season 2 starting... should I give this a shot? I just don't want to be underwhelmed again.

I was such a SW fan but was pretty burned out after Eps 7, 8 and 9 which I found underwhelming. Solo was forgettable and although Rogue One was a shining light, I felt it was a lucky strike.

I haven't watched The Mandalorian. The episode time was a bit off putting as I didn't think the story would be able to progress much in that limited time OR they'd cram too much in.

However with Season 2 starting... should I give this a shot? I just don't want to be underwhelmed again.

I definitely think you should give it a shot at least the first couple of episodes, especially if your like me and wasn't a big fan of any of the new SW films. The episodes from the first season are on the shorter side, but the stories they were telling never felt rushed or crammed in IMO.

People have said that any new Star Wars project that's been released since 1983 is "the best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back" and it's been largely hyperbolic....except for The Mandalorian. There's a reason why it was nominated for Outstanding Drama Series at the Emmys. It delivers. If you thought Rogue One was a shining light, I don't think you'll be disappointed by this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"