The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

It just occurred to me that the snow planet we see Din crash on in the trailer could be Ilum. The planet that the Jedi got their Kyber crystals from and where the First Order built Starkiller base. It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out that the Empire were already beginning construction on Starkiller base before the Empire fell and the First Order just completed the project.

I think it would be a bit conspicuous if Mando came across imperial forces on Ilum, did nothing about it and told no one. Besides, I'd be all too happy to see no sequel trilogy references or foreshadowing on the show.

I think it would be a bit conspicuous if Mando came across imperial forces on Ilum, did nothing about it and told no one. Besides, I'd be all too happy to see no sequel trilogy references or foreshadowing on the show.

Why would he tell the New Republic about imperial troops stationed on Ilum? He isnt working with or for them? He didn't tell anyone that a Moff and an entire garrison was stationed on Nevarro.

Besides, Starkiller Base and Ilum are way too big a part of the canon to just entirely ignore moving forward. Ilum is a central element of the Jedi and Starkiller base is the thing that destroys the New Republic government and murders billions of NR citizens. Entirely ignoring it would be like ignoring the first Death Star or the destruction of Alderaan.

Last edited:
Why would he tell the New Republic about imperial troops stationed on Ilum? He isnt working with or for them? He didn't tell anyone that a Moff and an entire garrison was stationed on Nevarro.

Besides, Starkiller Base and Ilum are way too big a part of the canon to just entirely ignore moving forward. Ilum is a central element of the Jedi and Starkiller base is the thing that destroys the New Republic government and murders billions of NR citizens. Entirely ignoring it would be like ignoring the first Death Star or the destruction of Alderaan.

Right, because he was on good terms with imperial remnants throughout season 1....

If it's not Ilum then it's a non-issue. Besides, you can't ignore something that won't happen for another 30 years or so. There's no point in going there and it just shrinks the universe with needless crossing of paths characters and events that aren't related.

I'd much prefer if the show concentrated on the era it is in and explored new aspects of the universe. At least when he travels to Tattoine he has good reason related to the show.

Because the show has established what he thinks of the New Republic. Hint, he doesn't have a high opinion of them.

Awesome premiere for the season :up:

Continues to be the best thing Disney has done with the property. This show has its own voice and feel, while still feeling like Star Wars.

Because the show has established what he thinks of the New Republic. Hint, he doesn't have a high opinion of them.

Major difference between not liking the New Republic and making enemies of the Imperials. You have to keep ignoring that to make the point. We've seen Djarin's sense of honour with baby Yoda and the Imperials. It doesn't make any sense for him not say anything to someone, even if it's not the republic directly. Besides in a SW universe post two death stars already, I doubt many outsiders just keep it to themselves.

A visit to Ilum would also undermine Starkiller base in the Force Awakens if you start having unlikely EU characters going there like it's a holiday destination.

Major difference between not liking the New Republic and making enemies of the Imperials. You have to keep ignoring that to make the point. We've seen Djarin's sense of honour with baby Yoda and the Imperials. It doesn't make any sense for him not say anything to someone, even if it's not the republic directly. Besides in a SW universe post two death stars already, I doubt many outsiders just keep it to themselves.

A visit to Ilum would also undermine Starkiller base in the Force Awakens if you start having unlikely EU characters going there like it's a holiday destination.

I think if the Mando thought the Empire was going to start the war up again, he wouldn't care. He has no loyalty to the New Republic, no desire to save them from a potential new Empire. A war between the two does not conflict with his sense of honor. Don't conflict the situation with the child with the overall Rebels=good, Empire=bad narrative.

Did anyone know what the spherical item was the Sand People pulled out of the
dead Krayt Dragon
?

I presumed it was an egg but the way they celebrated it may have been so,thing more important.

Did anyone know what the spherical item was the Sand People pulled out of the
dead Krayt Dragon
?

I presumed it was an egg but the way they celebrated it may have been so,thing more important.
Krayt dragon pearl/Legends
It's a reference to KOTOR, the entire main conflict of the episode is inspired by one of the game's missions. Probably just an easter egg but it'd be cool if its potential significance came up again at some point.

baby-yoda-lego-store-6-5037706-1200x900.jpg

Does anyone know how many episodes Rosario Dawson is expected to be in? I totally forgot about Ashoka until I saw some fan art on Instagram earlier today.

I'm concerned it'll only be a small part in one of the later episodes.

I can't imagine it being more than 1. Speculation is that it most likely will be the Filoni episode, Chapter 5. But yeah, just speculation but also would make sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"