• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

OK in that event, I would rather they limit their use of these characters to things like this and not heavily rely on them. Rely on the new characters you are creating and establishing.

In that case, wouldn't be it be better to simply create new shows for the (newly cast) OT characters? That way, they wouldn't be stealing the spotlight from someone else's show.

In that case, wouldn't be it be better to simply create new shows for the (newly cast) OT characters? That way, they wouldn't be stealing the spotlight from someone else's show.

They are doing the Lando series and Kenobi.

I was referring to doing a series with some of the OT characters, post ROTJ.

I think we have plenty of post ROTJ material to keep us occupied for the coming years.

Speaking of which...

I prefer the original version. I still don't like it. Also, it's a deep fake. It's not the actual actor Sebastian Stan. It's still just an elaborate animated photoshop.

I do get why they didnt do anything in gallery with luke....but man i hope we do get to see the process behind it all.

I never read all of the Zahn books but did they ever explain the whole reasoning behind clones doing the whole “double u” thing with their names? And were the names pronounced weird, like “Hello, I’m LUUUUUUUUUUKE Skywalker”?

Thrawn offhandedly mentions that C’Baoth calling himself “Joruus” instead of Jorus is a weird stutter/mispronunciation that comes from his dementia. It’s worth noting that “Luuke” is not a character. He doesn’t speak or have any thoughts of his own, nor does he name himself; he’s a meat puppet C’Baoth uses to fight Luke and Mara at the end of the third novel. And in Hand of Thrawn novels that Zahn also wrote in the 90s, there were major clone characters who didn’t use this naming scheme.

Basically, the naming thing is entirely a C’Baoth character trait and fans sort of took it out of context.

OK so they did do some location shooting this season. Tython looks like it was mostly shot in Simi Valley. Either way, I'm glad we got to see some actual exterior shoots in season 2.

They also built practical miniatures for Moff Gideon's ship, that's awesome.

Dark Troopers were also stuntmen in suits.

Last edited:
The Kryat Dragon was 600 ft long...damn son

You remind me of my somewhat amusing paradigm for watching the second season: its a sort of reverse Grail Quest undertaken by a holy knight. Starts with saving a village by slaying a dragon, ends with being rewarded for their courage and faith by an appearance from almost-literal Space Jesus. *ahem*

Thrawn offhandedly mentions that C’Baoth calling himself “Joruus” instead of Jorus is a weird stutter/mispronunciation that comes from his dementia. It’s worth noting that “Luuke” is not a character. He doesn’t speak or have any thoughts of his own, nor does he name himself; he’s a meat puppet C’Baoth uses to fight Luke and Mara at the end of the third novel. And in Hand of Thrawn novels that Zahn also wrote in the 90s, there were major clone characters who didn’t use this naming scheme.

Basically, the naming thing is entirely a C’Baoth character trait and fans sort of took it out of context.

Ah, okay. That makes a lot more sense. I need to read the rest of those books. I only read Heir to the Empire and then never got back to it.

Disney needs to do their Star Wars Babies show in the vein of Muppet Babies. It would be a merchandise bonanza!

Baby Yoda

baby-yoda-craze.jpg

Baby Darth Vader

YS7KPBZPLMZ7VUB3SFB722UYYA.jpg

Baby Boba Fett

98da6ad9a5bcaf1e09cd8a48a1e2356844e56d6f_hq.jpg

Baby Greedo

GreedoTheElderTPM.jpg

Baby Jabba

Stinky-the-hutt.jpg

The Disney Gallery episode was again all sorts of wonderful. The Ahsoka bit, Temuera Morrison. Plus all those shots of Pedro on the set in so many episodes, ruining Grace Randolph's rumor.

Yeah I loved it giving us basically a crash course through Season 2. I didn't stick with much of Gallery for Season 1, but I wonder if I missed the boat now. either way, I like how they gave us like a one hour documentary special on most of Season 2.

Yeah I loved it giving us basically a crash course through Season 2. I didn't stick with much of Gallery for Season 1, but I wonder if I missed the boat now. either way, I like how they gave us like a one hour documentary special on most of Season 2.
The first couple episodes of the 1st season Gallery were fairly boring as it was pretty much just the directors and cast talking fluff about each other and their experiences, but I found the later episodes that focused on the technical aspects and props and stuff to be pretty fascinating, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"