The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

I will say this and leave this convo...

I don't think for one milisecond that either Terrio or J.J. had much say of ANYTHING in TROS.

I think they were given obvious mandates, abided by them for that sweet, sweet cash, and were then addtionally told that they were gonna have to pack it all into a run time that was calcuated to make the optimum amount of showings in a day.

And thus I stand by this...

Disney/Lucasfilm overreacted to online hostility towards TLJ, meddled too much in trying to make a "safe" product and in trying to placate the fans, made a hot mess of a movie that ultimately satisfied very few.

I enjoyed TFA, but thought it was a re-tread of ANH.
I hated TLJ for what it did to Luke's character.
I am just utterly meh about TROS as it tried to be all things to all and ended up being none of them.

But at least The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars for at least the last ten years, if not more... :D

I love Star Trek.

JV6jNmY.jpg

That was very nice of them to do that and add it in later. I imagine they needed a little time to add that in which is why it wasn't part of the earlier release.

Loved season 1 and 2 was even better! It's going to be a sad wait until late 2021 or probably 2022 as it'll like be released right after Book of Boba Fett.

Also enjoyed the s2 behind the scenes look special.

Last edited:
As someone who loved original Star Wars as a kid , saw it in 1977, I was annoyed by the prequels and kind of pissed of by the Abrams trilogy, which had all the flash and thunder of Star Wars but not a single character worth caring about.....and was so derivative that it was like watching a kid with really cool paints do a finger painting of the Mona Lisa.
Anyway, I didn't have much time for Star Wars after that, but my wife was raving about the Mandalorian......and now having seen it, its totally worth the hype.

Jon Favreau has absolutely nailed it. Sure, it's a spin on the Japanese Samurai tale "Lone Wolf and Cub" but it's a fresh and interesting spin.

Really looking forward to Season 3, this is the way !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"