The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

yup, you‘re right - but since there hadn‘t been a D23 any way (its every 2 years), CC@H would be the right...unless Disney is doing a D23@home

They’ll probably do Celebration at home in August and save it for that.

Star Wars: The Mandalorian Star Giancarlo Esposito Teases Force Powers for Moff Gideon

the conversation turned to Gideon's future in the second season of The Mandalorian. Esposito makes it clear that Gideon doesn't carry the Darksaber around as a trophy or affectation. He can wield the weapon with skill, and perhaps also something more than pure talent. "To be in the position of having that regal, graceful power but have this saber which delineates a different part of me than any other character," Esposito says. "To have this saber means I can use it, and I can do my own dirty work, that I'm a fighter, that I'm a warrior. That's part of me. It also creates the possibility that he is one of the ones. He possibly has that, and that to me is interesting because is he really that fallen hero? Is he a descendant of Darth Vader. Who is he? What does he want? He knows all about everything, and you'll have to wait to find out. Yeah, he's actually pretty good with that Darksaber too."

Giancarlo Esposito Takes on Villainous Lead Role in Far Cry 6 - Variety

Esposito will reprise his role as another villain, Moff Gideon, in Season 2 of Disney Plus series “The Mandalorian,” during the production of which he broke multiple lightsaber props. The show’s sophomore run is slated to come out in October. Esposito says he has not yet seen cuts of new episodes but has been in touch with series creator Jon Favreau. “I’ve had a chance to have some conversations with him. So, I haven’t seen any of [Season] 2 yet, but it’s gonna be power-packed, and I think in Jon’s mind, he’s probably already writing [Season] 3.”

That's be bad ass if he was a former Sith Inquisitor. Looking back, his character definitely fits the mold. I hope that's what he meant by "descendant" of Darth Vader because other than that, I don't know what else he could be eluding to.

I hope he doesn't have force powers.

He's probably just having fun teasing. Much possibilities but I believe he really was an officer that happens to be a good fighter and somehow killed Bo Katan or somebody for the dark saber

surprise...no trailer on that weak CC@Home ...which would‘ve been great, if the interesting studios attended it.
I really hope we‘ll get a something for all the Disney stuff in a not so distant future

surprise...no trailer on that weak CC@Home ...which would‘ve been great, if the interesting studios attended it.
I really hope we‘ll get a something for all the Disney stuff in a not so distant future

You can’t really be surprised. Star Wars was supposed to have their Celebration in 3 weeks and it was always gonna be when they would show stuff anyway. I’m sure there’ll do a virtual con like everybody else and probably drop a teaser or trailer then.

SDCC's stock is gonna drop bigtime in the coming years if Disney and WB both sitting out the convention in favor of their own events becomes the new norm, because damn, has this SDCC@Home been such a dud, and NOT because everyone "attended" from home.

You can’t really be surprised. Star Wars was supposed to have their Celebration in 3 weeks and it was always gonna be when they would show stuff anyway. I’m sure there’ll do a virtual con like everybody else and probably drop a teaser or trailer then.

Which celebration? D23?
There‘s no D23 - even without the pandemic it would‘ve been 2021 (every 2 years)

Which celebration? D23?
There‘s no D23 - even without the pandemic it would‘ve been 2021 (every 2 years)

No, Star Wars Celebration. Completely different than D23. That’s why the next Celebration is in 2022. Next year is D23 and they alternate.

Did Inquisitors even have actual force powers in Rebels or where were they just a step above canon fodder Troopers with red lightsabers?

They had the greatest of Force powers....

I genuinely love that stupid, stupid gimmick. I suspect once I was fully onboard with the Inquisitor's saber, I just accepted any stupid thing they did with it.

But yes, most Inquisitors were generally former Jedi. I highly doubt that Inquisitors stopped being Inquisitors, as we know Gideon is former ISB. Given his armor and his TIE, I suspect he is an Inquisitor fanboy, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"