• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Mandalorian The Mandalorian: General Thread

I’m not about canceling Gina Carano even though I disagree on her opinion. I said as much in this thread. But free speech can also have ramifications. For example, if someone has extremely racist beliefs and blasts that out on social media, people will justifiably come after them.
As they should!

It isn't good that when I type Gina Carano BLM into Google, the only things that seem to come up are far right sites like the Daily Wire, Bound into Comics, and RT, defending her against "BLM trolls", while I don't think I can find her actually saying Black Lives Matter.

So she's probably ****. Between her and Dawson, this season is going to be great.

It isn't good that when I type Gina Carano BLM into Google, the only things that seem to come up are far right sites like the Daily Wire, Bound into Comics, and RT, defending her against "BLM trolls", while I don't think I can find her actually saying Black Lives Matter.

So she's probably ****. Between her and Dawson, this season is going to be great.
From what I can find, it seems like she didn't say anything herself on BLM, but she likes anti-BLM posts and weird rants about people who have their pronouns in their bio.

This made me chuckle -

From what I can find, it seems like she didn't say anything herself on BLM, but she likes anti-BLM posts and weird rants about people who have their pronouns in their bio.

This made me chuckle -

RfyAW7m.gif

Good for her for having an opinion.

No, that isn't an opinion.

Opinions don't literally make you sick.

I cannot underline how unhappy I am with her, given her new vocal followers tend to be Proud Boys that were calling her pretty vile things, in recent memory.

Big Issue with this macho crowd. Lucasfilms silence is concerning.

I’m sorry but this is just flat out dumb

I may not fully agree with Gina’s comments, but wanting her to get fired for expressing her thoughts is downright idiotic. Her comments were not offensive in any way.

Free Speech means the Government cannot arrest you.

As others more eloquently spelled out, she can have that opinion.

But with factual evidence, scientific experts, and experienced people in the medical field saying the exact opposite... a Wrong is a Wrong.

She works in an expanded field of Artists. She's already had "fitting into Hollywood" struggles, this is just the last straw. There is no defence for being this publically reckless. I wonder if her agents knew, because they could probably sue her if/ when Lucasfilm/ Disney makes a stink.

I legitimately hope she doesn't make it worse with more comments. And clear some trash out of her twitter follows.

You’re all talking about her political views and here I am just laughing at how she got duped into retweeting a picture of Chris Benoit.
My favorite pro wrestler of all time until... yeah. So I need context.

My favorite pro wrestler of all time until... yeah. So I need context.

Someone has posted a pic of Benoit and claimed he was a deceased war hero who was a big fan of Carano. (It was clearly just a pic of Benoit in a helmet) and she rewteeted the image.

She was being trolled, but at the same time I can’t have too much sympathy when it was so obvious.

Someone has posted a pic of Benoit and claimed he was a deceased war hero who was a big fan of Carano. (It was clearly just a pic of Benoit in a helmet) and she rewteeted the image.

She was being trolled, but at the same time I can’t have too much sympathy when it was so obvious.
:funny:

It's very concerning just how many people I've seen on Twitter claiming they've had no interest in watching the show previously but will now check it out purely based on Gina's mockery of the Trans community.

(I'm also pretty sure these are the same type of people who are still enraged at Brie Larson's joke about middle aged white film critics she made like five years ago)

Some pics leaked from Disney+. You can find em' if you know where to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"