The Matrix Resurrections

I have to say, that clip and the UE5 thing did push some hype.
Im still unsure what to expect and therefore a bit "careful", but i also feel a tingle at my fingertips waiting for the movie to release and see where this all goes.

Loved that clip! But so many questions ......................these next 2 weeks can't go quick enough

Looks great, I too hope they figured out not to make this like The Force Awakens and be almost a remake. The dialogue seems it's not that way, but we'll see, looking forward to it!

I seriously can't wait for this. The Matrix Awakens tech demo was also very impressive! You can tell there was some struggle for it to run smooth on the PS5, but still was very impressive to play. Surprised they didn't release it on PC as well.

Also new clip at the end of this.

"The Matrix Awakens" looks fantastic. Hopefully I'll have a PS5 by the time that game releases. I loved Path of Neo for the PS2. That game was a lot of fun.

"The Matrix Awakens" looks fantastic. Hopefully I'll have a PS5 by the time that game releases. I loved Path of Neo for the PS2. That game was a lot of fun.
I think this is the full game, it's more of an interactive demo:

Tried The Matrix Awakens UE5 tech demo on my PS5 and honestly, this were the best graphics I've ever seen.

Truly next gen and almost eliminates uncanny valley - until they figure out to perfect the eyes.

community-dean.gif

If it doesn't become a full game, or lead to a full game... that's a big missed opportunity imo.

Gonna have to check out that song later. Getting pretty amped for this movie!
Painful how so many great game engine tech demos show great potential games that don’t become games. :csad:

Painful how so many great game engine tech demos show great potential games that don’t become games.

TBH those tech demos are usually very misleading. The amount of money and resources that goes into a short demo, often to make a full length game of the same quality would be outrageously expensive (to an unrealistic degree). They're mostly used to sell other companies on the power of paying for Unreal 5, but the consequence is giving the general audience the impression that's what games COULD be.

Like everything, it alllllll comes down to money. Epic are happy to blow major bucks on impressive tech demos because it's basically self promotion (and since this was a collab, I'm sure they split the costs with WB).

TBH those tech demos are usually very misleading. The amount of money and resources that goes into a short demo, often to make a full length game of the same quality would be outrageously expensive (to an unrealistic degree). They're mostly used to sell other companies on the power of paying for Unreal 5, but the consequence is giving the general audience the impression that's what games COULD be.

Like everything, it alllllll comes down to money. Epic are happy to blow major bucks on impressive tech demos because it's basically self promotion (and since this was a collab, I'm sure they split the costs with WB).
I see them as a window to the future of what’s possible when the tech becomes cheaper and viable to use at that level across a full-scale AAA game. But outside of that I also mean the artistic design of some tech demos are cool enough to be made into games, even lower level current ones or future ones say a generation later at high fidelity.

I see them as a window to the future of what’s possible when the tech becomes cheaper and viable to use at that level across a full-scale AAA game. But outside of that I also mean the artistic design of some tech demos are cool enough to be made into games, even lower level current ones or future ones say a generation later at high fidelity.

Oh yeah, totally agree. I think there's a lot of great games that historically began as tech demos for something else. Don't want to be a party pooper on the demo which is obviously very cool!

I'm just a bit cynical about tech demos from working in the industry haha. When I was a games journo, they just LOVED to show off these incredible tech demos at conventions so that it's all journalists would be talking about all week... Just so they could drive up the price of their engines to all the game companies that were also there lol. But for every singe incredible tech demo I ever saw, I don't think i ever saw them turn into something that was released for the public.

I kinda just don't like the idea of one big company building and manipulating audience hype to sell to other big companies. Makes me feel a wee bit icky haha

Oh yeah, totally agree. I think there's a lot of great games that historically began as tech demos for something else. Don't want to be a party pooper on the demo which is obviously very cool!

I'm just a bit cynical about tech demos from working in the industry haha. When I was a games journo, they just LOVED to show off these incredible tech demos at conventions so that it's all journalists would be talking about all week... Just so they could drive up the price of their engines to all the game companies that were also there lol. But for every singe incredible tech demo I ever saw, I don't think i ever saw them turn into something that was released for the public.

I kinda just don't like the idea of one big company building and manipulating audience hype to sell to other big companies. Makes me feel a wee bit icky haha
Yeah, all makes sense mate. :up:

The Matrix Resurrections - EPK BRoll - 1080p [SPOILER ALERT]

Just watched the Matrix for the first time in what must be at least 7 or 8 years. It still holds up in a lot of ways but I must say, I'm apprehensive about this new film. I don't want to let myself expect anything good, to avoid disappointment... But then again you'd also hope it was gonna be good since it exists at all, right? I mean this was a film that simply didn't need to exist.

But I loved Sense8 and read an interview about how personal this film was to Lana Wachowski, so I'm going to try and stay cautiously optimistic :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"