God of War The Official God of War Thread - Part 2

I'd like to give you a tip that made the game more enjoyable to me.

When you get to play it, try to complete the side missions as they appear, along with the main story missions. One story mission, one side mission. One main, one side and so on. Without spoiling you, I can tell the story and challenges presented in these optional tasks will feel much more cohesive this way then it would if you let to complete them after the story is over or is near the end.

Not only that, but the journey will feel much bigger and more satisfying. It's what I did the first time I played and it was fantastic.

When you get to play it, try to complete the side missions as they appear, along with the main story missions. One story mission, one side mission. One main, one side and so on. Without spoiling you, I can tell the story and challenges presented in these optional tasks will feel much more cohesive this way then it would if you let to complete them after the story is over or is near the end.

Not only that, but the journey will feel much bigger and more satisfying. It's what I did the first time I played and it was fantastic.

Thank you for the advices, Jick! I will do that for sure when I buy the game next week!

Yeah, I always completed all available side quests before returning to the main missions.

Are the side quests interesting and great? I mean, the Norse myth has a lot of cool elements, races and worlds; so I suppose you can do something amazing here.

Best way to play it :up:

Are the side quests interesting and great? I mean, the Norse myth has a lot of cool elements, races and worlds; so I suppose you can do something amazing here.
Most of the side missions are simple fetch quests, but the ones you get from the dwarves tend to have more story to them. Overall they're decent enough, but they don't come close to touching Witcher 3's.

Most of the side missions are simple fetch quests, but the ones you get from the dwarves tend to have more story to them. Overall they're decent enough, but they don't come close to touching Witcher 3's.

Thank you!

Well I have finally got round to playing and completing this game (not 100% just the main story) what a game.

The way they build the story is brilliant I went from hating the kid to starting to like him to back to hating him and then finally liking him in the end.

My personal highlights

• Baldur & Kratos first interaction it really set the stage for just how powerful Baldur is.
  • Getting the Blade of Chaos back
  • Mimir's story's in general honestly whenever he started one I stopped what I was doing and listened.
  • Kratos telling Atreus how all gods are bad (this isn't an opinion from Kratos previous experience with gods this is fact, to him) then seeing his whole ideas unravel as they enter Tyr's temple and Mimir explains that even though he was the god of war he was loved and sought peace. Loved the fact that Tyr is his analog is Norse Mythology they have created but he it totally different to Kratos
  • Baldur speaking to his mother in Hel and the realisation that Baldur doesn't want this power was actually great invulnerability sounds awesome but living with literally no feeling must be
  • The Loki revelation, it was brilliantly teased throughout the game going back and looking at it but I never expected a thing.

Few questions
  • How hard are the Valkyries to beat? Would I be better finishing all the side quests first?
  • Is it relatively easy to 100% complete the game
  • Any word on the sequel?
  • Do any side missions address the appearance of Athena?

Would probably put in amongst my top 5 ever now.

The Valkyries are the best challenges in the game. Fight them when all else is not enough anymore.

I fought the queen before I fought Baldur so, when I got to him, he felt like a breeze in comparison.

The game is a joy to 100%, but if you didn't kill all of the crows in your way, it can get a little boring to backtrack and find them.

The valkyries are challenging, but if you use your powers right you'll beat them. The only one I got stuck on was Gondul in Muspelheim. Seriously, that ***** is relentless and after an hour of her kicking my ass I had to bump the difficulty down to easy. And to get to her you have to complete the Muspelheim trials which are a series of arena style death matches. Wave after wave of every enemy type. Each trial being more difficult than the last and unique in it's own way.

The hardest for me was Sigrun. I had to turn it down to easy to beat her, and even then it literally took me three hours.

I fought Sigrun on New Game + Give Me God of War difficulty. Holy crap was that hard.

She is probably a level 11 villain because even when I was at level 9 her health bar was purple. I had to leave and gather resources to improve my NG+ armor and become a level 10 Kratos. It still took me hours to defeat her. That Valhala attack is just unfair.

The Zeus armor you get is REALLY strong. Too bad it's so fragile you can't be hit.

You know what I would love to see? A remake of the original game. Up until this latest one, the first was always my favorite and I think they could greatly improve on it thanks to the enhancements and tech we have today that wasnt around in the early 00s. They could add new areas, expand upon the ones that were there as well as add new weapons and abilities, while fleshing Kratos out more. A team like Bluepoint could handle this with Santa Monica working as consultants and assisting to incubate it

I'd love a remake of the first 2 even tho 2 is still wonderful despite its age. The first game needs a remake the most. There is more than a few extremely irritating sections, wonky mechanics, and bad pacing. Nothing to serious just update them to match the quality of the remastered 3rd game.

I also want a remaster of Ascension on PS4.

Ascension is the only game I didn't play. The demo really put me off but I'd like to try it anyway.
Even the cellphone game I completed, but not this one.

I own Ascension but never played past the opening and I just dont feel like hooking up my PS3. I still need to complete the Ghost of Sparta and Chains of Olympus too.

Santa Monica & Sony have released a 114 minute making of documentary:

"Raising Kratos documents the five-year, herculean effort to reinvent one of the greatest stories in gaming, God of War. Facing an unknown future, Santa Monica Studio took a massive risk, fundamentally changing their beloved franchise and re-establishing their rightful place in video game history. More than just a “making of,” this cinematic journey of second chances rooted in family, sacrifice, struggle and doubt follows game director Cory Barlog and those who chase perfection in art and storytelling. Witness the incredible defeats, the unpredictable outcomes and the down-to-the-wire tension on full display in this true-life redemption story."

I cant post the video because of cussing but it's on Playstation's YouTube channel.

PlayStation

It's an incredible documentary.

So what could be next for the franchise? I hope in the next game that Atreus is a late teen/early 20's and a bad a$$ Demi-God.

I think Asgard will be a huge part of it.
Heck, watch it be called God of War: Asgard.

I really don't know how I feel about Atreus being already that much older.

I think Asgard will be a huge part of it.
Heck, watch it be called God of War: Asgard.

I really don't know how I feel about Atreus being already that much older.
I totally agree about Asgard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"