Playstation The Official PS4 Thread - Part 13

I just started a trial for PS Now and I must say... I'm impressed. There are some really good titles on there AND you can unlock trophies.

How often do they add new titles?

yeah but it does play them digitally I think

yeah but it does play them digitally I think

To which are you referring to?

I think that was a reference to the discussion about 4K blurays. The PS4 can stream 4K content, but it cant play 4K blurays as it lacks that capability. Its useless to a person that is building a collection of 4K blurays as the PS4 cant do anything with them

Now completed the latest Hitman game on PS4 (number 6 numerically I think), what a game ! The best of the bunch I think.

I think that was a reference to the discussion about 4K blurays. The PS4 can stream 4K content, but it cant play 4K blurays as it lacks that capability. Its useless to a person that is building a collection of 4K blurays as the PS4 cant do anything with them
Ah yeah that makes sense. I find it silly that the PS4 Pro can play 4K games but not blu-ray movies.

A huge 'pinch of salt' required but......

Source : 4chan

Ever since Rocksteady Studios wrapped up their acclaimed Arkham series with Batman: Arkham Knight, rumors have been circulating that the video game developer was working on a top-secret DC project, which many have speculated is a game based on either Superman or the Justice League.*

Despite the demand, the developer has remained absolutely radio silent on their next venture. However, a new leak seems to suggest that they may finally be ready to debut the game at E3 next weekend.

The leak originates from 4chan and claims that the game will officially be announced this week when Game Informer unveils their July cover. Rocksteady will then debut the first gameplay footage next Sunday, during Microsoft's E3 conference, which begins at 4:00 p.m. EST.*

It's not entirely clear what we'll see, but it sounds like it'll be a reveal trailer that showcases Brainiac's invasion of Earth and Superman being weakened from battle. Gameplay footage will demonstrate the flying controls and the new combat system as Superman battles Brainiac drones both on the ground and in the sky.*

To add more fuel to the fire, a new website, supermangame.com, has gone up, but has yet-to-go live. It's expected to go live sometime after the game's introduction later this week.

As always, it's probably best to take this rumor with a grain of salt, especially considering that a very similar rumor was floating around in November, but then again, it does seem that Game Informer has something very big planned for their next cover as executive editor Andrew Reiner recently teased on Twitter, "Loving the run of Game Informer covers we've had in 2018. Next month's is very very very very cool." When a follower suggested a Superman cover, Reiner, who flat-out denied the report in November, was a little more cryptic with his response, "He needs a new cape."

it seems the Superman game rumors have been ramping up in recent weeks.

but I'm not getting my hopes up until there's an official announcement. been getting my hopes dashed for too many years ( and from too many rumors ).

hopefully, it is true and it does get announced/teased officially this week, with the full reveal at E3.

PlayStation planning daily announcements til e3

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2018/06/sony_to_announce_new_ps4_games_daily_prior_to_e3_2018

Sony’s counting down to E3 2018 by making a new announcement every single day starting from 6th June running right the way through to the organisation’s press conference on 11th June. The appetisers will air live at 8AM PT/4PM BST every day, and will span everything from a first-party release date through to brand new games.

Gosh I hope they save some good stuff for the event itself!

well I got my 4K set hooked up to my PS4 Pro and my Xbox One S (I may get a X in the future). but when I was configuring settings it showed that HDR was 'not supported' which was odd cause it said it has it on the box and I did have it enabled on my TV. I did some searching and I found out I had to enable something for external devices via a setting on my TV and now my Pro and One S have full HDR 4K support and the games (especially Pro enhanced) look awesome compared to my old 4/5 year old 1080p 39" set (new TV is a 50").

well I got my 4K set hooked up to my PS4 Pro and my Xbox One S (I may get a X in the future). but when I was configuring settings it showed that HDR was 'not supported' which was odd cause it said it has it on the box and I did have it enabled on my TV. I did some searching and I found out I had to enable something for external devices via a setting on my TV and now my Pro and One S have full HDR 4K support and the games (especially Pro enhanced) look awesome compared to my old 4/5 year old 1080p 39" set (new TV is a 50").

i have my Pro hooked up to a 4k tv, but i haven't even thought about seeing if the HDR was enabled. i need to do that

Correct. The two 4K Tv's I've experienced (one LG, one Samsung) required the HDR to be turned on in the TV settings, not just the consoles. Took me a bit to figure out myself.

Do you guys know if the PlayStation 4 (specifically the original model) can play BD-R Blu-Ray discs?

Someone is giving me a movie burned on a BD-R disc, but I wanted to see if that would work?

Do you guys know if the PlayStation 4 (specifically the original model) can play BD-R Blu-Ray discs?

Someone is giving me a movie burned on a BD-R disc, but I wanted to see if that would work?

As far as I know BD-R is supported.

I finally got around to upgrading the hard drive in my PS4. It was way easier than I thought. It's a little annoying having to redownload all of my games and stuff, but the extra space is fantastic. I got tired of having to pick and choose which games I could play since I mainly buy PS4 games digitally.

I finally got around to upgrading the hard drive in my PS4. It was way easier than I thought. It's a little annoying having to redownload all of my games and stuff, but the extra space is fantastic. I got tired of having to pick and choose which games I could play since I mainly buy PS4 games digitally.
Im not sure if you are aware, but the PS4 supports external hard drives so you could have transferred them there (or at least as many as you could fit) rather than have to redownload. Keep this in mind when you run out of space again as it'll be simpler to just shuffle games you arent actively playing onto another drive

Im not sure if you are aware, but the PS4 supports external hard drives so you could have transferred them there (or at least as many as you could fit) rather than have to redownload. Keep this in mind when you run out of space again as it'll be simpler to just shuffle games you arent actively playing onto another drive

True. Probably should have done that. Oh well. I don't think I'll be upgrading again. 1TB seems like plenty. Anymore would feel like video game gluttony I think.

I use an 8TB drive for games and a 2TB one for last gen games. :woot:

True. Probably should have done that. Oh well. I don't think I'll be upgrading again. 1TB seems like plenty. Anymore would feel like video game gluttony I think.

Just 1 TB? I have 2 and find myself needing to delete stuff whenever I buy new games. I blame Plus as the biggest culprit. I need to follow my own advice and get a dedicated external

Just 1 TB? I have 2 and find myself needing to delete stuff whenever I buy new games. I blame Plus as the biggest culprit. I need to follow my own advice and get a dedicated external

I don't usually download the plus games. Those are the ones that if I do download I delete upon completion.

I beat GoW and Detroit and have no idea what to play next. I have CoD: Black Ops 3, Witcher 3,Final Fantasy XII, Persona 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Kingdom Hearts 1 all on my plate. Ive started each at some point but cant commit. I really wish games these days werent so damn long

From what I saw, Persona 5 is an immense game and takes a long time to beat. I was planning to play that only on my next vacations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"