• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official PS4 Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,anyone else here had the error CE-34878-0
I was playing battlefield 4 when it just randomly popped up and stopped my game.
I have already lost my game progress on this once..which was a pain as i'd nearly completed it.

I love my ps4..but i never had as many problems with the ps3...

It's safe to say that everyone has gotten that error. It's the generic "this app crashed" error message, but does seem more prevalent with BF4. I've lost my single player progression twice so far (I only attempted it twice).

Thankfully I haven't had any problems so far and I sure hope my good luck continues

Heads up.. You can do ALL of the updates for FF14 right now before they launch on Midnight PST.

wait!!

FF14 is coming out on PS4 tonight??!!

That's pretty cool to be able to download the updates and stuff in advanced before downloading the game when officially released

You can actually download the game and all the updates right now.. Then just play the game when the servers open at 12 AM PST.

Are all Day 1 digital games like that or just certain ones?

Final Fantasy 14 is being released on PS4 tonight after midnight??

Final Fantasy 14 is being released on PS4 tonight after midnight??

It's a Beta.

Beta Info
Phase 1: February 22nd to March 3rd.
Phase 2: April 4th to April 7th.
Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates.
The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4, and directly downloadable from PlayStation Store.
There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta — in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...hits-ps4-april-14th-beta-details-new-trailer/

I'm enjoying the Music Unlimited trial,I sure like building playlists then listening to them while on the U.I./Apps and especially games,I may keep it!

It's the beta but still pretty much the same game. I had it for PS3, looking forward to my free PS4 edition. :)

So he console finally launched in Japan!?,Should be interesting inserting the first sales reports

It's the beta but still pretty much the same game. I had it for PS3, looking forward to my free PS4 edition. :)

I'm downloading the beta now.

so it's totally free?? you don't need PS+?

The game will not require a ps+ subscription. If you want to continue the game past the Beta you'll have to pay for it but past that no, it doesn't require Plus to play.

The game will not require a ps+ subscription. If you want to continue the game past the Beta you'll have to pay for it but past that no, it doesn't require Plus to play.

thanks.

Any ideas how many years before the new ps4 model comes out (with more memory and all that).

So def going to be purchasing the wireless gold headset. My GameStop also will have more ps4 cams in stock end of the month. Was wondering could anyone clarify though, the release date for the ps4 blu ray remote. I've seen 4/22 on gamestops site but I've seen it say May release on amazon.

I don't see how this one could get any slimmer.. And you can just add more memory now.

IF it gets one.. Probably 5 years in or so.

I wish we could customize our U.I.,Like I want to hide all apps under TV&Video except Netflix and WWE since those are ones I have,As well as hide Video Unlimited

Delete stuff on our What's New wall and background color would be nice too

Any ideas how many years before the new ps4 model comes out (with more memory and all that).

The current ps4 doesn't really need a redesign or slim model. You can upgrade the hard drive yourself if you like as it does not void the warranty.

Yeah, the size of it is fine. Though I'll probably get a terrabyte replacement HD off the bat since the PS3 wouldn't let you continue to get trophies on ported game saves, and I doubt 500 GB is gonna last until the end of the gen. The only reason I haven't picked one up yet is that I always wait a little bit (like half a year) before I get a new consoles, unless I'm feeling really impatient. It gives them time to work out hardware kinks, and get more games out. FFXIV is looking really good though since it's previous disaster, so it might be what pushed me to get a PS4 sooner than later.

The Playstation brand is something I know is going to deliver on the games front. I know the Uncharted's, Demon's Souls, Heavy Rain's, GOW's, Last of Us's, Valkyria Chronicle's, Little Big Planet's, ect, are going to come out. I know by the end of it's cycle I'll more than have gotten my money's worth. I just like to make sure enough's come out that I'll be entertained with it until they come out. PS3's launch was something (even though it's become my favorite gaming gen thanks in large part to it's exclusives as time went on) I'm glad I missed. Not just because of the price, but when something like Lair is one of your most hyped games...that's sad. Warhawk (I forget if it was launch, or just really close to launch) held up well though.

Last edited:
Syphon Filter would be great to see come back, I'm really itching for another MediEvil as well. Any classic PS1 Sony series would be great to see again.
Those would be great PS4 exclusives. Capcom should make more Dino Crisis games.

The PS4 isnt going to get more memory. Thats not really something that gets upgraded in console revisions and I dont see that happening now. It'll be a while till they do one. Those generally happen to cut costs and from what I hear, the PS4 is already cost efficient, not to mention relatively small. Probably a few years. The only real change Id make to the hardware is to add 2 more USB ports, but I dont see that happening as Sony seems intent on keeping just 2, which annoys me to no end

I wish we could customize our U.I.,Like I want to hide all apps under TV&Video except Netflix and WWE since those are ones I have,As well as hide Video Unlimited

Delete stuff on our What's New wall and background color would be nice too

IA. I HATE that all the games you have show up on the same horizontal plane. Its only going to get worse as you get more games as its already a cluttered mess IMO. We should be able to categorize and put things in folder and yes hide things we dont use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"