• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official PS4 Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually if you can't connect to PSN and update it first thing as well as the games I'm pretty sure you can't play anything until that is done

It's not a Xbox One. ;) But you can get the necessary updates from other places than signing into PSN. You shouldn't need any updates to play single player games, you just won't have the most updated version.

I'm holding mine now...

My PS4 over there feeling jealous :)

here's a VOD of sony At CES The video is with in this article

Industry
Sony CES 2015 press conference live stream

Published 5 hours ago. 0 comments.

Also

• Planetside 2 For PS4 Beta Start Date News Coming This Week

News
    on Jan 05, 2015 at 05:10 PM
    ps4-icon.png

PlayStation 4 players will likely find out just a bit more about the Planetside 2 beta this week.
    ... More

source: Gematsu& GI

Last edited:
I still won't be trying out the PlayStation Now service. :p

Well I never had a PS3 (or anything since my PS2), so it's the perfect opportunity for me to play catch-up on like, a decade of missed games. :D

Well I never had a PS3 (or anything since my PS2), so it's the perfect opportunity for me to play catch-up on like, a decade of missed games. :D

Oh I understand that! I just think the price is a little too high.

Well, when I think that I would have spent $40-50 dollars to buy each of these games if I HAD owned a PS3, and then probably would have only spent a few weeks to a month playing them before either finishing them or just getting bored with them... $45 for 3 months access to all of these titles doesn't seem like a bad deal at all, imo.

I'm just cheap, I rarely buy over 30 for a new game. I always wait for price drops. Nintendo could be the exception due to rarely price dropping and often going out of print.

:D:D

in other news

http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/List_of_PlayStation_Now_Games

I thought Sony also had the Uncharted Series and Last Of Us but I guess they will release it in the next few months.
they're still sticking with those timed prices?! after the internet said how outrageous the prices were?
I'm just cheap, I rarely buy over 30 for a new game. I always wait for price drops. Nintendo could be the exception due to rarely price dropping and often going out of print.

that's not being cheap. games are expensive.

they're still sticking with those timed prices?! after the internet said how outrageous the prices were?

that's not being cheap. games are expensive.
I don't see why not. Some people are already saying the sub model is too expensive. The individual rentals are the cheapest up front cost if someone just wants to play 1 game for however long. It's better to have more options than only one

I don't see why not. Some people are already saying the sub model is too expensive. The individual rentals are the cheapest up front cost if someone just wants to play 1 game for however long. It's better to have more options than only one

I suppose, but the initial reactions to it were strongly negative.

Question about online play....

So my wife and I both have our own PS4's. I downloaded Far Cry 4 and installed it on both machines and we can play single player on separate machines but at the same time. I plan to get Dying Light so we can play ONLINE together...I'm assuming that only one copy of the game can be running online at any given time? I am guessing it'sn ot like how we can play the same game at the same time in single player mode...it must detect online play and allow only one copy to run?

Question about online play....

So my wife and I both have our own PS4's. I downloaded Far Cry 4 and installed it on both machines and we can play single player on separate machines but at the same time. I plan to get Dying Light so we can play ONLINE together...I'm assuming that only one copy of the game can be running online at any given time? I am guessing it'sn ot like how we can play the same game at the same time in single player mode...it must detect online play and allow only one copy to run?

not sure what you're saying here, if you have the game installed on two Ps4s, you both can't be online on two consoles with the same PsN. if your wife has her own PsN, then you both should be able to play online.

PlayStation 4
PlanetSide 2 PS4 closed beta begins January 20
Published 2 hours ago. 0 comments.

Sign-up to participate now.
PS2-PS4-Beta-Jan-20.jpg

The closed beta for the PlayStation 4 version of PlanetSide 2 will launch on January 20, Sony Online Entertainment announced.
The beta period will be used to test the game’s servers, performance, and various other aspects, as well as gather feedback from players.
Sign-ups for the beta are currently available on the PlanetSide 2 website.

Read More

PlayStation 4, Betas, FPS, Planetside 2, Shooter, SOE

source: Gematsu

So I get 5 days of PSN and 10% off... wow. That is underwhelming

I see these comments all over and I'm legit curious. Why do you think you deserve more (or anything except the days of the downtime added back to your account)?

You're not losing out on anything that you aren't getting back, plus you are getting a discount. Trust me, I was off work for the holiday and I was stuck too, but things happen. Especially when PSN was legit attacked.

Real example:
If I pay you to cut my grass and a terrorist blows up your lawnmower, what are you going to do? Either you'll give me the money back or you'll make it up by doing it when you can. How would you feel if I wanted 6 months of free cuts now? Do you think I'm entitled to that especially when it was completely out of your control?

I agree, but lol at that example. Solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritayo
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"