The Thunderbolts* News and Discussion Thread

I feel like how much they tease this movie, I'm never gonna have some sort of anticipation for it. I would just watch it because I've every seen Marvel movie. Like this is the first movie from MCU that I want to be a 1 and done.

I suppose anything is possible, but Gosling? I don’t see that happening.

Sentry as a villain though?

Anyway, thats pretty huge. I've known Sentry years ago but I didn't think he is going to appear in the MCU anytime soon not especially before Marvel Studios' X-Men.

Sentry as a not too bright pawn for the bad guys and the Void as an outright villain would be completely in line with the Dark Reign storylines. And I would love to see Alexander Skarsgard as the Void.

Henry Cavill is free now to be part of the MCU. Though he‘d be a great captain Britain. it would be a nice FU DC gesture, if he‘ll be Sentry…

I could easily see Cavill as any number of evil or ambiguous Superman type characters but absolutely not as the Sentry.

DanielRPK claims that Sentry will start out as a member of the team, and also that Tiamut will feature and be transformed into the MCU's version of Genosha.

Isn't Sentry vastly more overpowered than the rest of the team?

And it seems it's not the Masters of Evil at all.

Nah idk, that Idea seems kind of petty and not something Feige would be interested in
I'd rather Cavill play Sabertooth or something like that, big and intimidating but far removed from Superman

Sentry I could see like a SoA-era Ryan Hurst

Nah idk, that Idea seems kind of petty and not something Feige would be interested in
I'd rather Cavill play Sabertooth or something like that, big and intimidating but far removed from Superman

Don't think it sounds petty. The whole concept of the Squadron Supreme (or Squadron Sinister) is that they are the equivalent of an alternate-earth Justice League and all of their characters are the counterpart of the main DC superheroes. Eg Superman = Hyperion, Nighthawk = Batman, Whizzer = Flash, Dr Spectrum = Green Lantern, Power Princess = Wonder Woman. Casting Cavill and Affleck in the roles immediately gives the impression of being alternate earth versions that had a history together.

If they are the Squadron Sinister to begin with, then they don't even have to play those characters all the time but just for a battle with the Avengers.

Avengers-70.jpg

Then they can recast for a proper Squadron Supreme.

I kind of agree. As tempting as it would be to cast Cavill as Hyperion or The Sentry, I think he would be better served playing a character that's not simply a Superman analogue.

The MarvelStudiosSpoilers reddit modteam speculate based on all the information they have received that the full team for Thunderbolts will be everyone shown on the concept art, plus the Hood (from Ironheart), Sentry, and Songbird.

I really hope they're right about Songbird.

Sadie Sink is rumored to be Songbird

Sadie Sink is rumored to be Songbird

That would be a dream come true for me, if real.

I never really have any faith at all in any of these "'insert famous person here' will be 'insert new marvel character here'" rumors, though. The vast, vast majority of them are just fancasting being deliberately promoted as actual news.

And especially in the case of a character like Songbird, the odds seem a lot higher it would be someone I've never heard of before. Though I don't imagine Sadie Sink is big enough yet to already be too expensive for the part, so fingers crossed.

was it always 13 months prior to a MCU movie?

I hope this isn’t true. Ghost would have added something unique and different. Now it feels even more like Black Widow 1.5

I expect Ghost will probably keep fading in and out of this production.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"