The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

I left TWD-verse awhile ago only checking in here and there but maybe I'll try to get back in with Tales of and R/M limited series.

I left TWD-verse awhile ago only checking in here and there but maybe I'll try to get back in with Tales of and R/M limited series.
I’m pretty much staying with this franchise till I leave this earth (Morbid much lol). It’s past it’s glory days but I still find it entertaining still and it’s something to watch.

Finally, some Rick-related news. It's about time is all I can say. Admittedly, I can't say I'm all that interested in these spin-offs once the flagship show ends. Maybe 10C just left such a sour impression, but I do think this series, with or without Rick, is running on fumes. Whether it's the Daryl series, Tales, the Negan and Maggie series, and now this Rick and Michonne series, AMC wants to keep the Walking Dead world going, and I get why.

But The Walking Dead needs to die the true death already.

Maybe this series is like World Beyond with a set run. So instead of a film trilogy it’s just gonna be a three season run possibly. If so then I’m cool with that.

Sounds perfectly good to me. This series has been struggling since Rick left so time to bring him back.

The movie idea never seemed viable.

That Sarah Wayne Callies interview on Jon Bernthal's YouTube channel was really enlightening and shocking.

YJtZ9IQ.jpg

Watched the first two episodes tonight. They were fine. Perhaps I'm just jaded over this series and want it to end already, but the second episode, "A New Deal," did have a surprise that, as a comic reader, I didn't expect the series to take. Or at least not at this point.

Still really loving Josh Hamilton as Lance Hornsby. That was a great casting decision right there. Also, The Walking Dead seems to be relishing in the fact that they can drop the F-bomb now without any issues. Probably because it's the final season and it's warranted, but I still have to laugh that it's treated like some big deal when Fear the Walking Dead has been dropping F-bombs for years.

Really good first two episodes. Nice balance of character work and moving the plot along. I can tell Erik Mountain is in the writers room because that vehicular action reminded me of something from Person of Interest. :hehe:

Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Makes sense to me. It's unfair to those who don't have AMC+, which is the majority of people anyway.

Makes sense. I don't have AMC+, but do find my way around watching the episodes early. I still can't believe AMC is sticking with this. It was one thing when the Season 9 premiere and only that episode dropped a week early.

But when 10 and now 11 do it, I have to wonder why. On one hand, the show is ending and multiple spin-offs are in the works, so the numbers probably don't matter. At the same time, it minimizes the amount of live eyeballs you get on Sunday night. Not to mention that watching it a week early means not having to pick between watching this or other Sunday shows like House of the Dragon.

But for the final episode, I absolutely get why they'd keep that from airing a week early.

Makes sense. I don't have AMC+, but do find my way around watching the episodes early. I still can't believe AMC is sticking with this. It was one thing when the Season 9 premiere and only that episode dropped a week early.

But when 10 and now 11 do it, I have to wonder why. On one hand, the show is ending and multiple spin-offs are in the works, so the numbers probably don't matter. At the same time, it minimizes the amount of live eyeballs you get on Sunday night. Not to mention that watching it a week early means not having to pick between watching this or other Sunday shows like House of the Dragon.

But for the final episode, I absolutely get why they'd keep that from airing a week early.
Even without AMC+ I still pick House of the Dragon over The Walking Dead, at least until HotD's finale. But even then, I've rarely watched TWD live as it airs the last couple of seasons. I'm going to for the last couple of episodes only because it's the final season but besides that I think the last season I parked myself in front of the TV and made it a point to watch every episode as it aired live might have been season 8.

With everything going to streaming kinda do you guys think that ANC will do a TWD series exclusive to AMC+? I’m asking because Mayfair Witches which is apart of The Interview With The Vampire Universe and was supposed to premiere on AMC and AMC+ will now premiere on just the latter.

So I’m wondering if they will do a TWD spin-off show exclusive to the streaming service and my perspective is I doubt kinda doubt because while yes getting the TWD early has gotten them subscriber’s but I think a large number (that still watch the show that is) just watch the series on the liner network.

I can see the Immortal Universe which is new streaming on the service but from my opinion I can’t see AMC doing that with TWD. So what do you guys think and how do you guys currently watch the Walking Dead on which platform?

One of the planned spin-offs could've easily been on AMC+. The Daryl spin-off could've been that, or the Maggie/Negan one since I think Rick and Michonne are big enough characters that having their series on AMC itself would be preferable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"