• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Walking Dead "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - - - - Part 13

The fact of the matter is, they can't give pay raises to everyone. Or at least significant ones. Ratings have dropped significantly in the past year and it's unlikely the show may reach those peak ratings ever again, except for maybe the series finale (which should probably be in the near future as opposed to the distant future). Because of those ratings decreasing, they're going to lose advertising money. Companies will shill out big bucks for the chance to advertise on a show that averages 14 million viewers per episode, but for a show that averages about 6-7 million per episode? Not so much. Because of that, the show might have budget cuts down the line, and if the actors don't get paid what they want and choose to opt out of their contracts, their characters might just get killed off. If they killed Carl, then no one is safe.

What they should do to avoid this is trim the episode count per season to 10 and focus on making each one count and not just be filler. They could air TWD's 10 episodes in the fall and Fear the Walking Dead could also be cut down to 10 episodes in the winter/spring.

Or keep on expanding the episode length to get more ad revenue.

or cut the cast.....

there are too many characters in this show.

or cut the cast.....

there are too many characters in this show.

It's been my belief for a while that the reason there are so many characters is actually so they don't have to use the main cast. It might sound counter intuitive to add more actors to the payroll, but these lower tiered actors don't need to be paid as much.

It would be the end of the show for me. :(

byPRiip.jpg

Those ratings don't surprise me. This show is now fairly predictable, it hasn't been startling or amazing in a while. :(

Killing off Daryl would be great

I have to agree... Gimple has successfully made Daryl a calefare character in the last 2 seasons. Seriously...if Daryl is killed off, does it matter now ?

Although i do expect to see a whole lot of Daryl next season after his recent contract negotiations

Daryl is an odd character. He's pretty sexless, and I can't imagine they would ever pair him up with someone. Meaning he is never put into a tedious love triangle to bore the audience. He never makes big speeches, and his personality is such that he'll never annoy you since he's never joking, or doing things contrary to how most people would in real life. He's really just a guy with a crossbow who the audience can project a personality onto.

does he still have his rabid fangirls? Cause Daryl of season 7/8 had so little to do compared to Daryl of season 2-5?

As most of you probably know, the creators of TWD are from Kentucky. Kirkland is from the small town of Cynthiana. It's not too far from where I live, but I never have a reason to go there. Today my wife and I went for country drive because the weather was so nice. We wound up in Cynthiana.....and found this -
31230503_10212972623564971_1375597863639187456_n.jpg

Last edited:
'Walking Dead' Star Lauren Cohan: "I'm Going Back" for Season 9

The Hollywood Reporter said:
The actress has confirmed that she is returning for the AMC zombie drama's upcoming ninth season, though it still remains to be determined if she will be a series regular or have a lesser role. Cohan put herself up for broadcast pilot season — booking the lead on ABC's Whiskey Cavalier — as she battled AMC over a better salary for season nine.

"I'm going back," Cohan told EW late Tuesday at CinemaCon, where she appeared to support her upcoming feature, Mile 22 with Mark Wahlberg. "There's a lot more Maggie story to tell."

The Hollywood Reporter has reached out to AMC for comment and will update this story if more information becomes immediately available.

Cohan recently signed on as the female lead in the ABC action drama pilot Whiskey Cavalier, starring opposite Scandal's Scott Foley. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that the network and Whiskey producers ABC Studios were amenable to allowing the actress to return to The Walking Dead in a limited capacity to potentially close out Maggie's storyline. Cohan's comments on Tuesday help solidify her return — in some capacity. Cohan's deal for Whiskey Cavalier does leave the door open for her to return to the series on a more limited basis should she and AMC close the gap and agree to a new deal. Walking Dead typically begins production on new seasons in the spring, when most broadcast shows have already wrapped.

Of course, things could change if Whiskey does not go to series and should Cohan and AMC come to terms on a deal for the actress to return. But given the months-long negotiation that promoted Cohan to make herself available for pilots, that seems unlikely at this point. Industry standard usually dictates that actors in series regular roles can do no more than three episodes of another show, unless another agreement is made in advance. This pilot season, many casting directors told THR that they've had to soften that policy in order to land top talent in a Peak TV era when many are juggling multiple projects. Of course, Whiskey could get picked up to series and held for midseason, which could allow Cohan to return in a larger capacity as the production schedules on both shows would be unlikely to overlap.

For his part, outgoing showrunner Scott M. Gimple told THR ahead the season eight finale that news on Cohan's front would be coming "soon." He also revealed that the zombie drama based on Robert Kirkman's comics would never recast the role of Maggie and that it belonged only to Cohan. He previously told THR in March that he was "pretty positive" both sides could come to an agreement for Cohan to return in some capacity. "We're talking; I'm pretty positive. We're figuring it out. The timing could work well, so all good," he said.

Cohan emerged as one of the most in-demand actresses this pilot season. Sources told THR at the time that she has been actively looking for her next role as she battles AMC over her season nine salary. With Walking Dead already renewed for a ninth season, Cohan did not have a deal in place to return to the show. Sources say the actress and her agents were not happy with the offers that have been on the table from AMC. Although Cohan is not seeking salary parity with male leads Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus, her camp and AMC have been engaged in a months-long negotiation that remained far apart. Insiders suggested that she was actively looking for her next job and not trying to use the pilot casting process to force AMC's hand as the actress' camp remained frustrated by what some called AMC's "lowball" offers. Other sources note AMC made "aggressive offers" to re-sign Cohan for season nine.

Either way, it's good news for The Walking Dead that one of its key comic book characters in Maggie and a fan favorite in Cohan will return for season nine — in some capacity — after the April 15 season eight finale teed up a larger story for Maggie. Furious that Rick (Lincoln) opted to not kill Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) — the man who murdered her husband, Glenn (Steven Yeun), before her eyes, the season ended with Maggie vowing to avenge Glenn's death.

Pay her 200 K an episode and no more problems. I'd imagine she wants more to do this season as well.

I'm curious how much more we will see of Michonne since Gurira is BLOWING up due to her role in the MCU.

Season 9 will most likely be Cohan's final season because she seems to be ready to move on from TWD and AMC's handling of the show. She probably agreed to come back to provide closure for Maggie and her vengeance against Negan. I hope she moves on from the show soon because she (not to mention the entire cast) deserves better than what TWD has become lately.

It's still surprising that Gurira and McBride want to continue on TWD. Both of their characters haven't been given much to do. Michonne has become Richonne since her and Rick became a couple. Unfortunately, she has become less interesting each season because of her character always being centered around Rick. When she isn't focusing on Rick the writers come up with pointless subplots that add nothing to the plot e.g. Michonne holding a female savior at gun point to coerce her into taking her to Negan (back in Season 7a) and during Season 8a Michonne sneaks off with Rosita to see for themselves the sanctuary being overrun by walkers, etc. Plus Gurira seems to finally be breaking out in Hollywood after the success of Black Panther and with the upcoming Infinity War. Why would she waste her time with a show that's declining in quality and being run into the ground by AMC, and devolving her character with each season? Carol's character arc has become stagnant. Not to mention she's been given little to do these past two seasons. Both actors and their respective characters have been wasted, but most of the cast have been given shallow/stagnant character arcs due to the bloated cast. Just another missed opportunity to thin/tighten the cast during All Out War.

Plus Gurira seems to finally be breaking out in Hollywood after the success of Black Panther and with the upcoming Infinity War. Why would she waste her time with a show that's declining in quality and being run into the ground by AMC, and devolving her character with each season?

She has found success as Okoye, but she doesn't have any other projects lined up yet. Black Panther 2 isn't starting production for at least another year or two. No point to her leaving TWD if she doesn't have anything lined up yet.

True, but Jon Bernthal, Emily Kinney, Sonequa Martin Green, Chad Coleman, Steven Yeun had projects lined up after their characters were killed off from the show. During TWD hiatus Lauren Cohan was being sought after for TV pilots and yet her character wasn't written/killed off the show in Season 8. It wouldn't surprise me if Gurira hadn't renewed her TWD contract that offers/projects would've lined up for her, but now they'd have to work around her TWD filming schedule.

She has found success as Okoye, but she doesn't have any other projects lined up yet. Black Panther 2 isn't starting production for at least another year or two. No point to her leaving TWD if she doesn't have anything lined up yet.

Her role this season was reduced a lot due to BP and IW filming. I can def see her having a bigger role for season 9 for exactly the reason you stated. But I'm sure she will have some other film roles by end of the year. Hopefully some leading roles.

She's writing a play for Lupita Nyong'o and has another that's being performed in London at the moment.

True, but Jon Bernthal, Emily Kinney, Sonequa Martin Green, Chad Coleman, Steven Yeun had projects lined up after their characters were killed off from the show. During TWD hiatus Lauren Cohan was being sought after for TV pilots and yet her character wasn't written/killed off the show in Season 8. It wouldn't surprise me if Gurira hadn't renewed her TWD contract that offers/projects would've lined up for her, but now they'd have to work around her TWD filming schedule.

I'm surprised Steven has got as much work as he has. It'd be nice if he could break out as leading man in film or on tv. Sonequa was really lucky getting Star Trek Discovery. That's easily gonna keep her going for years to come. Coleman seems to have recurring roles on The Expanse and The Orville.

Emily well she wasn't much of an actor prior to TWD and not much now.

Bernthal is the only breakout star really. I guess you could say Sonequa as well. I'm surprised that Norman hasn't done any film since he the show began. (other than the cameo in Triple Nine).

The Walking Dead Connection You Might Have Missed in Infinity War (Don't Click The Link If You Haven't Seen Infinty War Yet! Huge Spoiler!)

I was wondering if that was Hugo Weaving or not. Before Red Skull revealed himself from the darkness to Thanos and Gamora. I kept thinking to myself that sounds like Hugo Weaving speaking, but maybe it was an actor who sounded like him. Then Red Skull was revealed. So I tried to check who played Red Skull in the credits but didn't catch it in time. I figured it wasn't Weaving but an imitator. Regardless good for Ross Marquand that he got to be apart of the MCU. It's a pity that'll most likely be the last we see of the Red Skull.

Oh and Infinity War took more advantage of Gurira than All Out War did. That's saying something because Infinity War also has a large cast.

A photo leaked on TMZ with some of the cast filming Season 9.

KqV13LK.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"