Tyler Hoechlin is Clark Kent/Superman

Incorrect

Everything that happened on Supergirl has happened pre and post crisis to the characters on S&L. Same universes, same timeline. Why the F$&k does everyone want to erase Supergirl. Without Supergirl S&L would not exist.

Rather defensive aren't you reading into everything and drawing your own conclusions? I certainly haven't said anything about erasing Supergirl. In fact, I'm questioning the very thing about them seeming to ignore it in the pilot specifically because I DON'T want them to make as if Supergirl never happened. But if you've already got that into your head that everyone wants to erase Supergirl, naturally you'd read everyone's posts in that light instead of seeing what it really is saying.

So has the costume with the cape clasps from Supergirl never existed in this reality? Has he always worn a more classic cape?

Of course it exists. Clark's gone through various costumes.

Thing is whether it’s the Arrowverse, the X-Men films, the Avengers and so on even if Crisis or time Travel change things, the events that lead to the moment things changed still happened. Time travel & World Altering only ever changes the status quo for the viewer.

6B652C7B-5238-4F21-9073-54E4B81F54B1.jpeg E633EC69-A2A4-4455-B234-0AAEB5B9CF58.jpeg
Couple of manips I made with the a few bias "fixes". Enjoy. One thumbnail has the spit curl on him and the other has a broken up belt. Glad to see big blue is back. I think he’s a great Clark and Supes. D98EBA77-FF93-4BC9-9140-8E8EB5EB6C39.jpeg A1F28C41-E523-450C-8301-3135190AE84E.jpeg

I've been pretty on the fence about Hoechlin's Superman (which I will say it was the writers fault prior to this show now) but after watching this pilot episode, he absolutely crushed it in the first five minutes. My only gripe with Hoechlin's portrayal of Superman, is his appearance. I wish he would bulk up a tad more. And they need to let his hair grow out just a bit more. That's just me. I personally would like it about this length/styled similar to this, I think it looks way better on him personally.
FB_IMG_1614313593179.jpg EWZLBO2WsAECntS.jpeg

Last edited:
tyler%2Bhoechlin%2Bshirtless%2Bbigger.png

This man dont need no overt muscle suit showunner!

Kind of makes you wonder on why actors that portray Superman bother getting in shape when they'll just end up wearing a muscle suit underneath the costume.

He doesn't need a padded suit, but he definitely needs a muscle suit. Otherwise, whatever muscular definition he has would get compressed by the skin-tight material.

(To be fair, also, that photo is from the film Bigger, a biopic Hoechlin did a few years ago about fitness pioneers Joe and Ben Weider.)

(To be fair, also, that photo is from the film Bigger, a biopic Hoechlin did a few years ago about fitness pioneers Joe and Ben Weider.)
Weirdly, that's also the movie he lost his bulk for. He got more ripped and less beefy for that role. When he appeared on SG after filming that movie, that's when he was noticeably slimmer.

Kind of makes you wonder on why actors that portray Superman bother getting in shape when they'll just end up wearing a muscle suit underneath the costume.

It’s so that they don’t look noticeably skinnier/weaker in civilian clothing.

Besides: physical transformations inform the performance. It’s one thing to play a physical specimen; it’s another to feel like it.

Using Cavill as an example…

If the actor is sufficiently large, then it’s easier for the audience to accept the additional “cheat” of a muscle suit. IOW, there mustn’t be too much difference between the natural and artificial physiques.

However, Hoechlin’s Clark is now conspicuously slimmer than his Superman. (Which wasn't the case back in his Supergirl days.)

Using Cavill as an example…

If the actor is sufficiently large, then it’s easier for the audience to accept the additional “cheat” of a muscle suit. IOW, there mustn’t be too much difference between the natural and artificial physiques.

However, Hoechlin’s Clark is now conspicuously slimmer than his Superman. (Which wasn't the case back in his Supergirl days.)

Maybe he needs a muscle suit under his regular clothes as Clark too. :o

I'd just have the effects firm reduce the padding somewhat, primarily in the upper area. Something like this cosplayer's suit would be my preference.

All the same, Hoechlin at least looks more like himself now, from the neck up, that is. So, baby steps...

eea87ce4c83a436d11d335f2521dbde2.jpg

I imagine Tyler will continue to bulk up but part of me wonders if part of the reasoning as all the extra bulk in the suit is to keep him warm since Vancouver is known to be cold.

He can man the **** up. Melissa Benoist filmed there for two years in a skirt! :argh:
4 years! She didn’t get pants ‘til S5!

I don’t think the bulk in the suit is about weather though. That’s never been a thing with any of the other Vancouver heroes.

Now that Tyler has brought Black Suit Superman and Fleischer Superman in live-action, I would like to see him bring other versions to live-action:

Evil Superman from the Super Friends
Dracula Superman from the Super Friends
Bizarro Superman
Godfall Superman
Electric Superman
Injustice Superman
New 52 Superman

Now that Tyler has brought Black Suit Superman and Fleischer Superman in live-action, I would like to see him bring other versions to live-action:

Evil Superman from the Super Friends
Dracula Superman from the Super Friends
Bizarro Superman
Godfall Superman
Electric Superman
Injustice Superman
New 52 Superman

This would also be fitting, and it's just begging to be redone:

Superman Vol 1 422

Superman_Vol_1_422

Users who are viewing this thread

Back