Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

There's a rumor going around that the Rock convinced Cavill to be in a post-credits scene for Black Adam.

I am going in expecting nothing. Every time theres a DC event we all go through these same motions of "ARE WE GETTING SUPERMAN NEWS??" and nothing ever happens. Fool me once, shame on me.

Damn Deadline's even hinting at it in today's article:
Dwayne Johnson and the Warner Bros theatrical session will serve as Marvel’s opening act earlier in the day, with Black Adam and Shazam: Fury of the Gods getting their much-deserved closeups on the Hall H stage. There’s also buzz that Henry Cavill will put in a surprise appearance to talk up more Superman.

If Henry's walks out on that stage on Saturday,
It is a tribute,TO HIM!
His Charisma.
his Stage Presence,
What He Brings To The Role.
His Moment.

i've convinced myself cavill is done as superman.
i have learned to let it go.

i look forward to next iteration of superman in movies.
whether that be 5...10...20 years from now....or never...

i still have my superman comics and animated shows/films.

crying-tears.gif

Them Flashpoint spoilers, which were confirmed to be true will outrage most Supe/Mos fans. But eh, I'm ready for new blood. Also, I was pretty excited to hear the bald man was cast as the new Highlander in the reboot and directed by the main John Wick director. I'm hoping tis' that kind of news for him, but if he gets his ass kicked by The Rock on screen, it better be for a lot of money, if you're going to let your manager's ex husband beat you up, sell out for lots of cash.

Them Flashpoint spoilers, which were confirmed to be true will outrage most Supe/Mos fans. But eh, I'm ready for new blood. Also, I was pretty excited to hear the bald man was cast as the new Highlander in the reboot and directed by the main John Wick director. I'm hoping tis' that kind of news for him, but if he gets his ass kicked by The Rock on screen, it better be for a lot of money, if you're going to let your manager's ex husband beat you up, sell out for lots of cash.
Ngl i was pretty irate myself at those Flashpoint spoilers but ive made my peace with it and willing to see how its executed.

Unamed Narrator: ''Remember us." As simple an order as a king can give. "Remember why we Released The Snyder Cut." For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. "Remember us," he said to me. That was his hope, should any free director come across that place, studio, in all the countless changes and reshoots centuries yet to be. May all our voices whisper to you from the ageless stones, "Go tell the nerds, passerby, that here by film twitter law, we lie here..Yet they stare now across the plain at *ten users* bots commanding thirty thousand free bots! HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH! They followed into the depths of Hell.

Unamed Narrator: ''Remember us." As simple an order as a king can give. "Remember why we Released The Snyder Cut." For he did not wish tribute, nor song, nor monuments nor poems of war and valor. His wish was simple. "Remember us," he said to me. That was his hope, should any free director come across that place, studio, in all the countless changes and reshoots centuries yet to be. May all our voices whisper to you from the ageless stones, "Go tell the nerds, passerby, that here by film twitter law, we lie here..Yet they stare now across the plain at *ten users* bots commanding thirty thousand free bots! HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH! HA-OOH! They followed into the depths of Hell.
At times like these, DECAF IS YOUR FRIEND!

There's a rumor going around that the Rock convinced Cavill to be in a post-credits scene for Black Adam.
Can you imagine it?
You are sitting through Black Adam, waiting, for that epic fight.
And, Superman, Appears....
Just before the lights come up.
MOVIES OVER!
GOTCHA!
COME BACK FOR THE BIG TUSSLE!

Damn Deadline's even hinting at it in today's article:
It's interesting. Before the Discovery merger, everyone who saw the Flash test screenings was saying Superman was getting erased in Flash. Then we find out he's in Black Adam (which caught everyone off guard) and now this

My guess is that Zaslav saw how idiotic it would be to not have Superman around forced and some changes. He did call Superman one of their most valuable IPS and wanted to "revitalize" him

But it predates Mussolini by a century.

Henri de la Rochejaquelein - Wikipedia

Knowing that Snyder appreciates classical art (and history), I don't think he was thinking Mussolini. Don't get me wrong, it's still an apparent rallying cry for his fandom and that's not helping anybody right now but saying he's quoting Mussolini is a stretch.
No matter who said it,
Especially with the Rolling Stone article being published,
"Avenge Me" is NOT a good look for Snyder.

It's interesting. Before the Discovery merger, everyone who saw the Flash test screenings was saying Superman was getting erased in Flash. Then we find out he's in Black Adam (which caught everyone off guard) and now this

My guess is that Zaslav saw how idiotic it would be to not have Superman around forced and some changes. He did call Superman one of their most valuable IPS and wanted to "revitalize" him
FINGERS CROSSED!

I agree with most of your points.
Would you be down with Henry getting A Solo Superman film WItTHOUT Zack as director?And, if so, who would your Dream Choice Be?

Believe me I would rather not watch a Superman movie at all than watch one made by a *****bag hack like Snyder. Luckily Snyder is gone and will never touch Superman ever again and that has nothing to do with the Rolling Stones article that has absolutely ZERO bearing on what's coming next for DC.
My dream choice would be a good story teller that respects (not necessarily likes) the character and doesn't want to turn him into something he's not.
A few years back I would've said Mathew Vaughn or Jay Bayona but unfortunately their recent 2 Kingsman and Jurassic world films shows that they both seemed to have lost a step when it comes to story telling.
Travis Knight is a name that comes to mind, but I'm not really sure how he feels about superman, does he respect the character's hopeful, approachable nature or does he think the character is boring and overtly earnest i.e. needs a overhaul?
Christopher McQuarrie would be a dream choice for any Superman fan, the man after all is THE best writer/director in hollywood, he has worked with Henry and seems to be on the same wavelength with him when it comes to realizing the hopeful aspect of the character and most importantly he was serious enough about Superman that he went to Warners personally and made a pitch! Ofcourse monkey bros turned him down (likely in favor of JJ Abrahams LOL!).
The only problem with McQ is that he's working on 2 simultaneous MI films and won't even be available until 2024, which is way too far for general Zas who wants a superman movie ASAP. Persoanlly I would be willing to wait until 2025 for a Chris McQuarrie/Cavill Superman film. What about all of you?

I think Snyder feels too much gratitude to the fans, he sees the positive stuff the send him, they got his film released. That he's got an idealistic concept of the fans and feels indebted to them, so he's inclined to think the best of them and is afraid criticising them would appear ungrateful.

Not according to the quote [made by him] that I posted yesterday. He knows some members of his fan base are psychotic, triggered A-holes and he is only happy to trigger them further to get what he wants. This isn't a case of someone blinded by gratitude, this is a case of morally scrupulous individual who is all to happy to arm a misguided, toxic portion of his fanbase.

I want Zaslav to announce MoS 2 starring Cavill and directed by Snyder just to see people's heads explode haha.

I know you say this in jest, but general Zas is a smart man who looks at the bottom line, and the bottom line is that Snyder is a failed director who hasn't made a theatrically released movie since 2016 because no legit movie studio would touch him or the toxic portion of his fanbase.
The odds of a Zack Snyder directed Superman movie are about equal to USA and Russia agreeing on an accord and leaving Ukraine alone.....like Perry White said in MOS "never gonna happen". Although, even I would have to admit that it would be amusing to see the fallout of such a thing happening.

I know you say this in jest, but general Zas is a smart man who looks at the bottom line, and the bottom line is that Snyder is a failed director who hasn't made a theatrically released movie since 2016 because no legit movie studio would touch him or the toxic portion of his fanbase.
The odds of a Zack Snyder directed Superman movie are about equal to USA and Russia agreeing on an accord and leaving Ukraine alone.....like Perry White said in MOS "never gonna happen". Although, even I would have to admit that it would be amusing to see the fallout of such a thing happening.

Or it's because Snyder signed a deal with Netflix?

I think him going to Netflix has more to do with his films not being all that profitable and less to do with anything around his fanbase. For the last 15 years 4/6 of his films pretty much flopped. And the other two are infamously known to have underperformed. Streaming platforms like Netflix are giving directors who don't resonate much with the masses a chance to find their audience there.

I think him going to Netflix has more to do with his films not being all that profitable and less to do with anything around his fanbase. For the last 15 years 4/6 of his films pretty much flopped. And the other two are infamously known to have underperformed. Streaming platforms like Netflix are giving directors who don't resonate much with the masses a chance to find their audience there.

The only outright flops he's had are Sucker Punch and Owls of Ga'Hoole. For a 2.5-hour R-rated superhero deconstruction movie, Watchmen made decent money but didn't turn a profit theatrically. So i guess you could call that a flop as well. Dawn of the Dead and 300, however, were both successes and Man of Steel and BvS were profitable theatrically (granted, the studio expected them to do more). There are directors with far worse track records that keep getting work. I don't believe for a second he wouldn't get a job at studios like Paramount, Sony or Universal.

Or he has more Freedom there and prefers that.
I dont think being on Netflix would prevent him from doing movies...if a studio would be interested.

I dont know if he has an totally exclusive contract or so, but you really havent heard many rumors of projects for him.

I mean you hear rumors for people like Gunn, Reeves etc quite a few times, that they are considered for projects etc...i dont remember hearing the same rumors for Snyder, even before the Netflix thing, even after MOS etc.
It doesnt strike me as if he was a popular sought out choice for any studio.

Yeah 300 and Dawn of the Dead were pretty big hits, but he barely had another one after those. Watchmen, Owls, Punch and theatrical Justice League all lost lots of money. Man of Steel's underperforming led to BvS instead of a direct sequel and BvS could/should have been a massive hit with the two most famous superheroes of all time together for the first time. The fact that it brought some profit is not any kind of achievement, the thing sells on its own.

I'm not saying no other studio would ever offer him a job outside streaming, but I believe it has become more difficult as the years progressed to do whatever project he wants anywhere he wants it. He's not a big name director who brings in audience by the masses like some want to think. In Netflix he has more freedom to do what he wants and how he wants it, without so much worrying over his films making enough money. But it looks like it's both by choice and necessity at this point.

Or it's because Snyder signed a deal with Netflix?

Sure that's a possibility, but in 2021 Snyder signed a two-year first-look film deal with Netflix, which means that netflix has dibs on any project Snyder might propose or pitch but if Netflix refuses then Snyder's "first look" deal means he can go and make his pitch to another studio.
To a cut a long story short, him signing with netflix doesn't mean he can't direct a movie for another studio.
Ultimately, Snyder's new moon movie is essentially a failed starwars pitch that was retooled/repackaged into a new film. Just imagine, after all the crap (or perceived crap) that Lukasfilm has produced in the last 2 years with last skywalker, Bobafett and recently obi wan, even Kennedy and Lukasfilm wouldn't want to touch Snyder's ideas.

The only outright flops he's had are Sucker Punch and Owls of Ga'Hoole. For a 2.5-hour R-rated superhero deconstruction movie, Watchmen made decent money but didn't turn a profit theatrically. So i guess you could call that a flop as well. Dawn of the Dead and 300, however, were both successes and Man of Steel and BvS were profitable theatrically (granted, the studio expected them to do more). There are directors with far worse track records that keep getting work. I don't believe for a second he wouldn't get a job at studios like Paramount, Sony or Universal.

Not true, Watchmen cost 130 million to make and another 70 or so to market, so the movie overall cost about 200 million. The film made 180 world wide and only about 60-65% of that goes to WB, so yeah I could call the movie a flop because it is a flop.
Dawn and particularly 300 were successes, with the latter beign a BIG success, but then with watchmen, owls and suckerpunch all being outright flops, the success of 300 becomes moot.
Regarding MOS and BvS, yeah they both made money, but that has nothing to do with Snyder and everything to do with the strength of Superman and Batman's brands.
Look at MOS for example, the movie opened HUGE, biggest June opening (at the time), a total of 128 million in ticket sales (116 +12 million from walmart sales), the biggest opening for a reboot.
I mean if you adjust for inflation then MOS easily opened bigger than THE BATMAN. Also the numbers world wide were just as big and box office mojo predicted that if the movie has decent legs it would make over 800 million, but like a typical Snyder movie, it didn't click with the audience and got a pathetic 2.2X multiplier and couldn't even crack 700.
BvS was much worse, Batman and Superman together for the first time in life action is an automatic billion dollars and should be able to compete with Avengers numbers (1.5 billion +) but the movie failed to even crack 900 and had a record breaking drop and a shocking 1.98X multiplier, which is to this day THE worst multiplier for any movie to open at 100 million in hollywood history!!

Some Snyder cultists keep saying that Zaslev is going to "restore the Snyderverse" not realizing that David Zaslev is a man who made discovery what it is by being shrude and financially responsible and you can bet that general Zas looked at Snyder's numbers and was not impressed.

While I don't believe in his return at all, I'm tempted to bet that if Cavill was announced in a new Superman project, within the next two months, we'd learn about him being involved in a sex scandal or whatever.
That thing is just cursed! :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"