Justice League Zack Snyder Directing Justice League (The Snyder Cut Edition) - Part 2

The best films that's been released for Max so far is ZSJL, Judas, and GvK.

I couldn't agree more and while both Judas and ZJL were equally great IMO for different reasons I just don't see myself re-watching Judas down the line atleast not anytime soon.

I was good seeing it once, but I still feel like there so much more worth revisiting when it comes to ZJL despite the 4 hour running time which doesn't hinder my enjoyment of it at all.

I can see myself rewatching ZSJL over and over again, but in increments like I did the past week. Like rewatching a mini series. n

I am going to see GvK in the theaters right now...then will watch on Max later in the week.

Beyond that I am wondering if Whiny Nolan is going to come out spitting on Disney because they have not yet set up a deal like WB did to have a 45 day window between release and HBO Max starting next January? Where is all the negative articles about it like we saw with WB? Shouldn't we be hearing about how Disney is trying to destroy the movie going experience? I will hang up and listen.

(yes there is snark and hyperbole here but I do find it funny all the handwringing over WB and everyone just kind of ignores Disney)

I am going to see GvK in the theaters right now...then will watch on Max later in the week.

Beyond that I am wondering if Whiny Nolan is going to come out spitting on Disney because they have not yet set up a deal like WB did to have a 45 day window between release and HBO Max starting next January? Where is all the negative articles about it like we saw with WB? Shouldn't we be hearing about how Disney is trying to destroy the movie going experience? I will hang up and listen.

(yes there is snark and hyperbole here but I do find it funny all the handwringing over WB and everyone just kind of ignores Disney)
Disney should have released BW on Disney+ last fall imo.

I couldn't agree more and while both Judas and ZJL were equally great IMO for different reasons I just don't see myself re-watching Judas down the line atleast not anytime soon.

I was good seeing it once, but I still feel like there so much more worth revisiting when it comes to ZJL despite the 4 hour running time which doesn't hinder my enjoyment of it at all.
I think its because Judas is such a heavy movie about the dark history of American society. ZSJL is a fun fantasy. Its difficult to revisit films with such a heavy subject matter even though it might be a good movie. Some of the best movies don't have very much of a rewatchability factor at all.

I mean how many of you can watch The Godfather over and over again. I have a buddy that can gladly do it, but I CAN'T. Once every 15 years is enough for me thanks.

Warner Brothers is the Microsoft(from 10 or so years ago) of the entertainment world. It's just popular to hate them for whatever(legit or not legit) reason.

You're argument works both ways. I instantly recognized her as GG when I saw her in the trailer.

Ofc you did, it’s a pretty good guess that the old lady from Apokolips standing behind Darkseid is Granny Goodness, I mean who else could it be lol I “recognized” her too

I wonder if WB would put the kibosh on Keaton. WB has kiboshed before. And they will...kibosh again.

822NL2.gif

Ofc you did, it’s a pretty good guess that the old lady from Apokolips standing behind Darkseid is Granny Goodness, I mean who else could it be lol I “recognized” her too
MOST people thought she looked like Granny Goodness from that teaser trailer. She was literally the number one thing trending on twitter from that teaser even though she only appeared in a single frame.

I am going to reiterate this question from @DCnightwing23 again since I am not sure maybe you overlooked it.

What did you think of the way Agatha Harkness was portrayed on WandaVision? Did you take issues with that too? It does seem that Marvel seems to have more creative liberty with fans when interpreting their characters on films than DC does. I have wondered why that is for a while now. And Its a very legitimate question.

This video is about a different topic altogether but it touches on the greater point I am making about the liberties afforded to marvel when it comes to the portrayal of their characters as opposed to DC. It's a legit disparity!

By the way, you are entitled to your opinion but please respect that many of us including myself like this look for Granny Goodness in a Live action setting and that does not take away the fact that we are fans of previous or other portrayals of her in comics and cartoons.

Last edited:
Until it was mentioned in this thread, I honestly never even noticed GG stood beside Darkseid tbh. It's a fair design, but I'd still have preferred something slightly more monstrous or more obviously malevolent.

I am going to say simmering controversial...

GvK handles the fight (and lead up) way better than BvS. BvS is the better movie overall but GvK makes more sense despite being just stupid and basic. Plus the fights were awesome! (Especially in 3D)

I think if BvS had been closer to this in how each character is displayed and the fallout it gets better reviews.

JMHO. Again BvS is the better movie but GvK is the better "versus" film.

Does Godzilla say the word 'Mothra...', leading King Kong to shout, 'WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?!'

I am going to say simmering controversial...

GvK handles the fight (and lead up) way better than BvS. BvS is the better movie overall but GvK makes more sense despite being just stupid and basic. Plus the fights were awesome! (Especially in 3D)

I think if BvS had been closer to this in how each character is displayed and the fallout it gets better reviews.

JMHO. Again BvS is the better movie but GvK is the better "versus" film.

I dont think thats controversial. Snyder and Terrio dont quite stick the landing on making Batman and Superman’s fight feel earned and motivated. I dont think Snyder and Terrio figured out a legit reason to make the two come to blows, they were more interested in the psychological and political deconstruction of the two characters and that stuff was excellent....but the fight kind of felt perfunctory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"