8.02 - Plastique - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well that I understand and aprove of, but the fact that she's practically going ga-ga over the simple fact he put on a shirt does nothing for me except prove that Smallville is still not above doing corny stuff to get a point across. But then again given that Lois made Clark a mixed tape that time she was in love with him and got a tattoo...

Maybe corniness is just part of who she is. :)

I could be wrong, but i'm fairly certain that Lois has been taken aback every time she's seen Clark in anything but farm wear. She's always known he was an attractive dude. She's just written him off as a dork.

I could be wrong, but i'm fairly certain that Lois has been taken aback every time she's seen Clark in anything but farm wear. She's always known he was an attractive dude. She's just written him off as a dork.

I don't really understand why people would complain about Lois' interest in Clark being so "sudden." They've been getting closer for quite a while now, sharing very personal talks and giving each other support and advice. Of course, she's noticed that Clark is a good looking farmboy before, but now that she's closer to him she's just noticing a LOT more, especially that he's not exactly a "boy" anymore. That blue shirt would have taken the breath away from almost any woman (and some men) with a pulse.

I don't really understand why people would complain about Lois' interest in Clark being so "sudden." They've been getting closer for quite a while now, sharing very personal talks and giving each other support and advice.

Of course, she's noticed that Clark is a good looking farmboy before, but now that she's closer to him she's just noticing a LOT more, especially that he's not exactly a "boy" anymore.

Good points...

That blue shirt would have taken the breath away from almost any woman (and some men) with a pulse.

EXACTLY!!!!

I think many straight men would have appreciated just how *GOOD* he looked in that shirt.

EXACTLY!!!!

I think many straight men would have appreciated just how *GOOD* he looked in that shirt.

Totally. I'm pretty much going to go shopping for a shirt just like that. I know it doesn't work that way, but I can dream.

The plot of this episode was typical Smallville freak trash.

However, the show is much better with a "Superman" vibe to it. The Lois/Clark relationship is pretty fun to watch, and I actually care about this romance, instead of cringing when Lana comes onscreen. Lois/Clark working desk to desk at the Daily Planet, CLark having to sneak away to be the hero. Lois with the darker hair, being more Lois-like. No more 'Smallville farm' garbage. It's starting to feel a lot like Suuuuuperman

Now all we need is for Clark to Fly and don the Red cape & boots with the Blue tights with a big red S on his chest and i'll be happy .

Ok i wont do it again i read the link you posted for me and i wont do it again.

I don't really understand why people would complain about Lois' interest in Clark being so "sudden." They've been getting closer for quite a while now, sharing very personal talks and giving each other support and advice. Of course, she's noticed that Clark is a good looking farmboy before, but now that she's closer to him she's just noticing a LOT more, especially that he's not exactly a "boy" anymore. That blue shirt would have taken the breath away from almost any woman (and some men) with a pulse.

Good points...
EXACTLY!!!!

Yep, that's about it. She thought he was hot back when she first saw him stand up, naked, in the cornfield. She liked it when he picked her up and moved her in the hospital that same ep. It was his dopey personality (and the Lana-mooning) and the whole farmboy shtick that later turned her off. She also stepped back when she thought Chloe was interested. Any time they've been put together when "farmboy Clark" wasn't in focus, she was interested - when she was a witch, when he was doing his Kal bit, when he was "Green Arrow," with the K-lipstick...

I'd really like for her to figure him out before the show ends, on her own. No secret-telling. This Lois *should* know that Superman and Clark are one and the same, like on L&C. But it doesn't have to be immediate...

Totally. I'm pretty much going to go shopping for a shirt just like that. I know it doesn't work that way, but I can dream.
Lol your not the only one

If that one episode spurs a bunch of men (straight or otherwise) to go out and buy themselves a really nice shirt that makes them look awesome, fantastic! [Hint, guys: that deep blue looks great on most people but if it isn't quite your thing, find another color that makes your eyes stand out. Not sure which color is the right one for you? Ask some teenyboppers or the salesgirl, or some moms. The more giggles (or gasps, if you're lucky) from the moms, the better the color.]

there goes Dark Vader's secret Apprentice

I didn't know they used him for the game. I was noticing that he shared a remarking resemblance with the character from the game. Now I know why. They should make a movie damn it. :cmad:

I'd really like for her to figure him out before the show ends, on her own. No secret-telling. This Lois *should* know that Superman and Clark are one and the same, like on L&C. But it doesn't have to be immediate...

That's a very good point. I think they should go into Lois finding out about Clark during the run of the series. And it should contrast the relationship with Lana in a way that there's no secrets and lies drama, Lois shouldn't be waiting for Clark to confess something. She is or will be the worlds best investigative journalist. She should find out, or deduct Clark's heroics.

I personally wouldn't care. Either way would be good to me.

That's a very good point. I think they should go into Lois finding out about Clark during the run of the series. And it should contrast the relationship with Lana in a way that there's no secrets and lies drama, Lois shouldn't be waiting for Clark to confess something. She is or will be the worlds best investigative journalist. She should find out, or deduct Clark's heroics.

:-> Exactly. Lois is not Lana. She had an unusual childhood, but it wasn't traumatic the way Lana's was. Lois is sure of herself (overconfident, in fact) and is able to trust Clark and to keep his secret. She has a better overall gut instinct about men than Lana (compare their dating histories). His heroism and love will be enough for her, as she isn't needy or paranoid (not about men, anyway). Unlike Lana, Lois isn't trying to find herself - she already knows what she wants and is going after it actively and aggressively, without becoming power-hungry (contrast with SuperLana). Lois doesn't need to be rescued emotionally, which is the biggest difference between the two women and the source of Lois' stability and her long-term compatibility with Clark.

The first time they have a decent liplock with Lois NOT under the influence of anything, she'd know it had been Clark as GA. She'd then recall (or should, else it's a continuity error/plot hole) how he super-sped away that evening in the alley.

Enough bread crumbs like that and Gretel not only finds her way to Hansel but gosh darn it, isn't she glad he isn't her brother after all.

Last edited:
My review's up:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/plastiquereview.htm

FYI if you want to read it...

I liked this episode a lot more than I thought I would. They made what could have been another trite FOTW ep into something that was actually enjoyable, for the most part.

:up:

I think the episode was very neat. I really liked it. Hey, will the girl end in the team of Luthor ? I was thinking : a girl, title is "Plastique", into a team ... suicide squad ? or something like that ?
the episode was very good from handsome clark in the blue shirt to the great save of people in the bus, from the 2Lois'rule number ..." to the very clever finale of the episode : Clark trying to talk with the girl instead of just fighting: I'm so pissed of with all the currentdepictions of Superman, being more a fighter than a clever guy ; I just felt that it was clever. I especially like the girl (Bette) with the power. I was thinking that she would turn into the whole meteor freak scenario and I was wrong! ; I was surprised to see that in fact she was a victim! What I mean is that it didn't turn out like "I am a victim I have to kill people thing", that was different and that was better, IMO. So I'm quite happy with the acting of the girl AND her role.
:up:

every one been thinking since the episode the group is likely sucide squad, injustice league/gang.

In interviews they said when the JL show back up, it'll be in a big way. I'm hoping that means a JL vs IJL battle royale for the finale. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"