Inhumans ABC's The Inhumans - General Discussion (news, updates, speculation...) - Part 2

Feige never would have allowed this had they been allowed to just be a movie like they shoulda been.

From what we've heard Feige had no interest in making an Inhumans film and dumped the project right after Marvel Studios split from Marvel Entertainment.

I actually think a mini-series is a better fit for super powered royal drama, but you have to bring in the right talent, take the time needed and spend the money required to put in on screen. Hopefully Marvel TV will learn from this.

I am sure the movie would have been better, but at same time, I think it would have been closer to IM2 and Thor 2 than other films, mainly cause Feige was not as into the project. Seeing it Sunday, and I am expecting it to be pretty much what I thought it would be.

I really hope this series has no tie in to any Marvel film or TV series so Marvel can pretend it never existed without messing up the continuity of the films and other series.

Maybe they can reboot it as a proper film some time in the future. Marvel needs to never hire Scott Buck for anything ever again. They should also replace Finn Jones as Iron Fist while they are at it and pretend Scott Buck never worked at Marvel.

I really hope this series has no tie in to any Marvel film or TV series so Marvel can pretend it never existed without messing up the continuity of the films and other series.

Maybe they can reboot it as a proper film some time in the future. Marvel needs to never hire Scott Buck for anything ever again. They should also replace Finn Jones as Iron Fist while they are at it and pretend Scott Buck never worked at Marvel.

Not seen Finn as IF yet but the rest I agree with 100%

I hope Daisy Johnson/Quake turns up. I haven't seen episodes one and two but the negative reviews haven't put me off - it can't be that bad, surely?

The whole production sounds rushed and thrown together. The only person who sounds somewhat passionate about the production is Mount.

From what I've seen and heard it really doesn't seem like the people behind this Inhumans show were particularly passionate about these characters and really interested in adapting them to a wider audience.

Say what you will about Marvel's movies but most of the time you can at least tell the people making them actually give a damn and want to make something entertaining.

So, in how many exactly theaters in the USA is this playing? It's expected to make around $2M for the whole four-days weekend domestic.

I hope Daisy Johnson/Quake turns up. I haven't seen episodes one and two but the negative reviews haven't put me off - it can't be that bad, surely?

Before, people would've not wanted her in it because they thought she'd drag this series down. Now she's more likely to give it a boost and make it more interesting if she made an appearance.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: this is only happening because of Permutter's ego. Anyone more sane would have canned the project once the movie was cancelled, or at least rewritten it from square one around a TV budget. But no, he's got to try and force an Inhumans movie, even if its by making a TV show with an IMAX premiere.

Eh.

The property itself isn't bad. After all it came from Fantastica Four's comic book golden age. Kevin Feige just didn't care to handle this while Marvel TV didn't hire the right people.

Before, people would've not wanted her in it because they thought she'd drag this series down. Now she's more likely to give it a boost and make it more interesting if she made an appearance.

The negative reviews are probably going to have a lasting effect on the ratings at least in the U.S. so you may be right there.

Eh.

The property itself isn't bad. After all it came from Fantastica Four's comic book golden age. Kevin Feige just didn't care to handle this while Marvel TV didn't hire the right people.

Because he knew its sacrilege to replace the X-Men with the Inhumans. Perlmutter is no more a fool than his pal Avi regarding Venom and Sony as.a while far as doing a Spider-Man Cinematic Universe

I don't even mind them replacing the X-Men if it means the Inhumans would get more public attention. Unless Feige was hoping to adapt the X-Mensomeday which he won't even if Dark Phoenix flops. Besides, other than Avengers/gotg most of MCU films are solos. Another franchise focusing on a group of super powered wouldn't be bad. Anyway, any Marvel property could be good with the right creative team. Marvel TV, Jeph, Scott, Rein aren't for the Inhumans.

I don't even mind them replacing the X-Men if it means the Inhumans would get more public attention. Unless Feige was hoping to adapt the X-Mensomeday which he won't even if Dark Phoenix flops. Besides, other than Avengers/gotg most of MCU films are solos. Another franchise focusing on a group of super powered wouldn't be bad. Anyway, any Marvel property could be good with the right creative team. Marvel TV, Jeph, Scott, Rein aren't for the Inhumans.

Scott Buck is not fit for any property. What has he ever produced that is good?

http://www.cbr.com/inhumans-expected-to-disappoint-at-the-box-office/

Bad word of mouth hit it hard, now expected to make only half that.

I was going to say they should be thrilled with two million. Now I think the box office winner last weekend was something like 10 million and this will be on considerably fewer theaters (given that it's just IMAX and not regular), but bad trailers, bad word of mouth (although not as bad as pre-release if damning with faint praise counts as praise), and a surprisingly good IT movie coming out next weekend have limited its overall chances.

It would make more than two million if they had the balls to just make a good movie. Also, not a lot of people would go to IMAX just for a 80 minute film. When I walked out from IMAX, my initial reaction was, they could have included one more episode because it was really short.

Have all these people really gone to see this in IMAX? It's not even an option here, so I'll wait until it shows on TV, if I even end up watching it.

Obviously, I'm more positive than most people, but seeing it in IMAX is liking buying that comic you kinda like but know you should probably wait and read on Marvel Unlimited for free while knowing that, if you wait until Marvel Unlimited, it'll get cancelled after six issues.

There's no objective justification for seeing it in IMAX, but I can't say I regretted the $20 I spent overall.

Sounds like it's better to just wait and see it on television, then.

I love the MCU but have no interest in watching this. I couldn't even imagine paying to see it in Imax. I will wait to get my MCU fix when Ragnarok, Punisher, and AoS are out.

I think I'll be able to wait until this is on TV for free. :o

I love the MCU but have no interest in watching this. I couldn't even imagine paying to see it in Imax. I will wait to get my MCU fix when Ragnarok, Punisher, and AoS are out.

I think it's worth watching at least the first two episodes on ABC or on their website/Hulu/etc.

As a completist, it was worth seeing in the big screen and its probably the only time that I would see the Inhumans in the big screen.

This. AoS has been great for a long, long time. Punisher looks incredible from the trailer and I trust the showrunner. Thor: Ragnarok looks like what Thor: The Dark World should have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"