Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many Hulk characters are confirmed so far for NWO?

succession-tom.gif

The thing I find the most frustrating about Cap 4, is how the potential of the movie has been completely hijacked.

Instead of telling a deeply emotional story about a Black man struggling with the ride of America; reconciling with it's horrors, and racism, we're getting a slop of characters and events, that have almost nothing to do with those themes, or Sam Wilson at all.

It's like Feige has zero faith in Mackie to carry that type of film, so he's just packing the movie with a bunch of Hulk characters, and X-Men references (Adamantium) smh

That's because Disney don't really care about diversity, inclusion, or tackling difficult subject matters. Because a film with those themes wouldn't be a four quadrant blockbuster that will make them billions. And that's all that really matters to them. Money. Black Panther was the exception, not the rule.

Far easier, quicker and more profitable to stick Antony Mackie into a Captain America costume and scream about how progressive you're being, just because you've put a black man in a white man's costume - rather than actually take the time and effort to craft a story that actually means something, and can affect thought and change in people's minds. That's not profitable - or easy enough.

Reading this article is funny for so many different reasons. One, was Kuwait really that important of a market to censor things for? Two, they're acting like none of the other Marvel films have had censoring for the blink and you'll miss it "representation". I also don't even know what scene they're talking about and I've seen the movie four times. Thirdly, I'm jealous of the people of Kuwait who were not forced to see the MODOK butt.

The real story here:

There were several other changes to the film for Kuwait, which is the only country in which the Pride references were blurred, according to sources. The edit also removed references to alcohol that would have run afoul of local authorities, and it removed the animated butt cheeks of the character M.O.D.O.K. (played by Corey Stoll).

More seriously, it's embarrassing that the best Marvel can muster is a rainbow storefront that is legit, blink and you miss it.

True. Going to be very strange with all these Hulk elements in the film and no sign of Bruce. If that somehow happens to be the case, maybe they're building to something that will eventually involve Hulk in a different film.

I’m one of those people who would prefer no adaptation over a bad adaptation. And I think having all of this Hulk stuff given to Sam Wilson is a bad adaptation.

But hey, at least Phillip Kennedy Johnson is writing the new Hulk comic, so there’s some decency in the Hulkverse.

More seriously, it's embarrassing that the best Marvel can muster is a rainbow storefront that is legit, blink and you miss it.
They're breaking new ground Darth. I mean the movie before this one really pushed the boundaries with the two women holding hands, or whatever it was that happened in Wakanda Forever. I blinked when it happened.

They're breaking new ground Darth. I mean the movie before this one really pushed the boundaries with the two women holding hands, or whatever it was that happened in Wakanda Forever. I blinked when it happened.
There are people that actually think it's progress. Which terrifies me.

I’m one of those people who would prefer no adaptation over a bad adaptation. And I think having all of this Hulk stuff given to Sam Wilson is a bad adaptation.

But hey, at least Phillip Kennedy Johnson is writing the new Hulk comic, so there’s some decency in the Hulkverse.

It's like when you go to a restaurant and order a Coke, but they tell you that they only have Pepsi. Sure, it has a lot of similar elements to what you're looking for, and if you were really thirsty it would probably get the job done. But it's not a Coke. A mediocre experience involving something you enjoy will always be inherently disappointing because you know it could have been better. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Like Pepsi.

It's like when you go to a restaurant and order a Coke, but they tell you that they only have Pepsi. Sure, it has a lot of similar elements to what you're looking for, and if you were really thirsty it would probably get the job done. But it's not a Coke. A mediocre experience involving something you enjoy will always be inherently disappointing because you know it could have been better. It leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Like Pepsi.
But Dr. Pepper rules them all. :D

Like Pepsi.

In Kevin Feige’s mind Jack and Pepsi is a perfectly acceptable thing, but damn it some of us live in the real world!

In Kevin Feige’s mind Jack and Pepsi is a perfectly acceptable thing, but damn it some of us live in the real world!

Some day you'll get your CC* and Coke version of Hulk. It'll probably traumatize and haunt children for the rest of their lives, but you'll be fulfilled.

*Stop hanging with Mr. Daniels and get in the Club.

Like Pepsi.

Cell you were Perfect until that Pepsi analogy and slander.

Let me call Gohan....
tom-and-jerry-tom.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe