• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Across the Kraven-verse: How Sony Won the Superhero Cinematic Civil War Thread - Part 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest CBM of our time only has a 71% with like 56 reviews? But but.....Tom Cruise said it made Jesus wept!!!!
I would like people to ask Tom Cruise what he thought of the Flash during the MI7 press tour because it has occurred to me that we never even heard directly from him, just heard about his effusive praise secondhand. :hehe:

Me at that first showing:
5ebf9ca4336caa4d6ae9c4059506ec6faba60c49.gif
You made me grumpy Oliver...

true-correct.gif

I would like people to ask Tom Cruise what he thought of the Flash during the MI7 press tour because it has occurred to me that we never even heard directly from him, just heard about his effusive praise secondhand. :hehe:

For me, the mental image of Tom Cruise pacing around his mansion or trailer back and forth and just saying to himself "I can't wait until June, I must see this Flash movie Nnnnnnnooooooooooowwwwwww!!!!!" Is hilarious and will never not be funny to me. As well as obviously unbelievable

I think most cbms today need to stop being hailed as the "best since". It creates totally unrealistic expectations and makes those saying that, and the movie itself, look foolish.
It depends on the movie. I 100% get it with ATSV, The Batman (which honestly didn't get it that much), Let there Be Carnage. The thing about The Flash is how artificial it clearly was. It was so obviously manufactured on the back of a need to make back a ridiculous amount of money.

The current middling reviews are also hilarious, in that, the director basically got 2 years to shoot this movie, just got announced for another, and now they're kind of stuck with him.

The thought of Tom Cruise, a man who has committed himself to doing insane practical stunt work on film, sitting there watching a rough cut of The Flash where half the film is floompy unfinished CGI and then walking away with the thought "we need more movies like this" is such a funny marketing tactic.

After all the money WBD dumped into this film, after all the hyperbole leading up to its release, after all the calling in of favours to get celebrity allies to endorse it, Flash will probably perform just as many of us suspected.

It will probably get a middling FRESH rating, win its opening weekend, drop 60%-70% in its second, and then be on digital by the middle of July, forgotten among the endless onslaught of summer tentpole releases.

It's like that paper you spent a week slaving on at school, only to get a "B"

why-do-i-bother-why.gif

My friends may have had a bias when I showed them my paper and they said it was one of the greatest things they ever read.

It depends on the movie. I 100% get it with ATSV, The Batman (which honestly didn't get it that much), Let there Be Carnage. The thing about The Flash is how artificial it clearly was. It was so obviously manufactured on the back of a need to make back a ridiculous amount of money.

The current middling reviews are also hilarious, in that, the director basically got 2 years to shoot this movie, just got announced for another, and now they're kind of stuck with him.
Glad you're recognizing peak :hehe:

The thought of Tom Cruise, a man who has committed himself to doing insane practical stunt work on film, sitting there watching a rough cut of The Flash where half the film is floompy unfinished CGI and then walking away with the thought "we need more movies like this" is such a funny marketing tactic.
I'm sure he got paid stupid money to say it.

Rough Cut? That's the movie, NB. :funny:

In all honesty I can't even say I'm disappointed or even surprised about the reviews for The Flash so far, because it sounds exactly like the movie, I thought it would be before all those crazy, exaggerated early reactions.

If anything, I'm more relieved than anything else, because now I know what kind of movie to expect and what I'm getting myself into so my expectations going into it are pretty much set at this point.

I'm just hoping I'm able to enjoy the movie for what it is at least for Michael Keaton and Sasha Calle, but if not I still got other quality multiverse related stuff to look forward to rewatching like ATSV.

Either way I just don't see it as any kind of big loss.

One thing is for certain. Let There Be Carnage is a good movie and I'm not ashamed haha :beaming:

Super tangential but Bottoms looks great. The mouse was smart to scoop up Ayo Edebiri.

I find it interesting that the two recent billion dollar films for DC, Joker and Aquaman, did not have great RT scores. I don't think Flash will get anywhere near a billion, but RT scores didn't impact those films at all

I'm still befuddled by Aquaman's success -- it was rather "meh" to me. VFX looked great but it was too long, the origin story lulled me to sleep and Momoa and Heard's chemistry went over like a wet blanket. Joker was driven by buzz over Phoenix's acting (and he was f**king amazing) and hackneyed script aside, it had some iconic scenes.

The reviews for The Flash seem like it's merely enjoyable if a bit long. I would pay attention to how exhibitors went nuts over it rather than skeptical and hardened critics.

I'm still befuddled by Aquaman's success -- it was rather "meh" to me. VFX looked great but it was too long, the origin story lulled me to sleep and Momoa and Heard's chemistry went over like a wet blanket. Joker was driven by buzz over Phoenix's acting (and he was f**king amazing) and hackneyed script aside, it had some iconic scenes.

The reviews for The Flash seem like it's merely enjoyable if a bit long. I would pay attention to how exhibitors went nuts over it rather than skeptical and hardened critics.
I wasn't blown away by Aquaman either. I did however LOVE LOVE LOVE Joker. Bought that one right away. :D

I wasn't blown away by Aquaman either. I did however LOVE LOVE LOVE Joker. Bought that one right away. :D

I hated Joker. Joaquin Phoenix deserved a Nolan-caliber script to work with and he did a LOT of major lifting to sell the iffier moments. Amazing performance in a bad movie.

It had large scale and great underwater effects and that played very well over…seas. It became an event film as a result IMO, which many solo superhero films don’t come across as. I found it to be big, silly fun and enjoyed the action, underwater setting and drumming octopus, crabs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"