Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

I know they haven't shown much, but there's nothing about this last season that has me excited yet. The potential Agent Carter cross over has me intrigued though. Hopefully they'll have some cool surprises.

Honestly, I really love this show, and I'm currently watching all of it for the second time, but ABC has never made a trailer that has made me excited for the next season/episode of this show. I do think they could do a lot of cool stuff with the time travel aspects, though the saving you-know-what stuff worries me a bit tho. Might end up feeling too similar to S4 Pod 3.

The way I look at it, this show ended at season 5, and everything else is just the cherry on the cake. I love the characters, the writing, and the dynamics, and I'm hopeful for some good Agent Carter related stuff. If they can finish all the character arcs in a natural way I'll be a happy camper.

Oh and for as much as I abhor the trailers for this show. This poster is banging.

shield_s7keyart_small.jpg

Last edited:
i just wonder if marvel ever planned to have any of the characters cross over into movie verse. coulson came from the movies. the only one i ever really wanted to see crossover was The Calvary. I just wanted another powerless badass who was kicking butt like Widow and Hawkeye (to an extent).

The most important take away from this clip is that Coulson is aware that he's an LMD, which is great because I don't want them to go over the cliche cyborg trying to convince himself he's human schtick.

i wonder how this season will end
Probably with Mac falling so the Feige can name a post Blip Director of an agency without running into destroying whatever shared canon with the Infinity Saga is left . The other original TV characters would also be in danger. I would bet that Daisy, Flint and Yo-Yo survive the season and stay available on digital access and that the Feige will never get around to rebooting the In(Nu)humans.

The question will be will their monolith time stream theory work alongside the quantum universe and time stone theories from the Infinity Saga and what the Loki series gives in the future.

And with the promo of saving Hydra so that a S.H.I.E.L.D. will be built I hope they don't make Agent Sousa a Hydra mole to clear the way for Agent Carter and the return of Steve Rogers,

I almost forgot about this tonight.

I just happen to be in the middle of a rewatch of the Sarah Conner Chronicles and wouldn't you know it the soundtrack directly quoted their drum beat as the story was one of their's with AoS characters. Perhaps a bit more of a recap of the Chromicom side of season 6 was due.

I just heard a prediction that the Chronicom Predictor is not actually working to kill S.H.I.E.L.D. so they can take over the earth but that her machinations will serve to eventually place the show's timeline into the snapture and blip.

Anyone think Daniel Sousa is the cop in the Avengers now?

Anyone think Daniel Sousa is the cop in the Avengers now?
His 1955 makeover makes him too old for the officer in my eyes. I guess if he jumps ship or has some R&R in the 70s he could have a twin as a son.

Watching Coulson as an LMD has me wondering why the hell the show brought him back with Kree blood and the Tahiti program in the first place. Having him reborn as a super advanced LMD would have fit better within the MCU continuity - nobody told the Avengers he survived because he didn't - and I think this superhuman version would have been more interesting during the run of the show.

Watching Coulson as an LMD has me wondering why the hell the show brought him back with Kree blood and the Tahiti program in the first place. Having him reborn as a super advanced LMD would have fit better within the MCU continuity - nobody told the Avengers he survived because he didn't - and I think this superhuman version would have been more interesting during the run of the show.
My guess because they knew about The Winter Soldier turn and the potential audience reaction to a LMD in command was a risk as well as pulling potential romantic scenes from the play

His 1955 makeover makes him too old for the officer in my eyes. I guess if he jumps ship or has some R&R in the 70s he could have a twin as a son.

Well Hugh Jackman was older as Wolverine in some of the later films as him which were set before the first X-Men film.

Well Hugh Jackman was older as Wolverine in some of the later films as him which were set before the first X-Men film.
While many don't consider Agents as MCU they still haven't run over their own internal logic, even with time travel in play like the X series has.

Besides the age, which is easy to overlook we have his WWII injuries that I guess Simmons and Enoch would have to repair after 10 years of his living with for him to be a street cop in New York.

While many don't consider Agents as MCU they still haven't run over their own internal logic, even with time travel in play like the X series has.

Besides the age, which is easy to overlook we have his WWII injuries that I guess Simmons and Enoch would have to repair after 10 years of his living with for him to be a street cop in New York.

I don't think it's too difficult to fix his leg so that he can walk again freely.

The main difficulty is that should he not have recognised Captain America when he saw him in the Avengers, since he knew him from the 1940s? Unless he never knew him personally and thought maybe the one in 2012 was an imitator.

Even if he was revealed to be the cop in the Avengers though, it's not like the main MCU will ever acknowledge that from Agents of SHIELD, which doesn't even feel connected or official anymore.

Re: Sousa as the cop in Avengers: It could be that the team is on yet another mission to stop the chromicons in 2012 and he knows very well who Cap is, so he's not going to acknowledge it because he's undercover as a beat cop for... reasons.

I think it'd be fun if they acknowledge that Agents of Shield exists in one of the alternate timelines the Avengers caused when they were on their Time Heist. Like, the timeline created when Loki took the Tesseract or even Older Steve telling 2012 Steve about Bucky... that meant Thanos didn't win which is why no one on AoS ever mentions the "snappening". But that's just me.

Last edited:

I think it's funny they made him an LMD for the final season since everyone was sure that's what he was in the beginning. Even the jokes about him "feeling rusty" that were red herrings to him having been brought back via Kree blood...

I don't think it's too difficult to fix his leg so that he can walk again freely.

The main difficulty is that should he not have recognised Captain America when he saw him in the Avengers, since he knew him from the 1940s? Unless he never knew him personally and thought maybe the one in 2012 was an imitator.

Even if he was revealed to be the cop in the Avengers though, it's not like the main MCU will ever acknowledge that from Agents of SHIELD, which doesn't even feel connected or official anymore.
I think Chief Sousa only knew Captain Rogers as well as everybody alive knew WWII's most famous soldier, from newsreels and newspapers. His bio wasn't S.S.R vet of WWII but a scout for I think it was the 128th (Infantry Regiment I suppose).

With the real world Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. gone I doubt if they go back to the period even in a Loki series

I think Chief Sousa only knew Captain Rogers as well as everybody alive knew WWII's most famous soldier, from newsreels and newspapers. His bio wasn't S.S.R vet of WWII but a scout for I think it was the 128th (Infantry Regiment I suppose).

With the real world Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. gone I doubt if they go back to the period even in a Loki series

They could show Sousa as a cop leading up to that day of the battle of New York in an episode of Agents of SHIELD. I don't know if they're allowed to use footage from the films though, even cut together with other scenes from the series.

So I’m not reading this thread cause I haven’t watched season 7 yet but I just binge watched season 6 cause I wanna catch up for the finale and I loved season 6 way more than season 5. The best episode was the Fitz/Simmons brain episode. Season 4 is still my favorite season.

Season 7 is much more enjoyable than season 6 or 5, both of which I found rather slow and dragging. Season 7 is actually a bit like Quantum Leap, or like Legends of Tomorrow without the silliness.

The opening credits of the 70s pod, Quinn Martin Productions style, was classic. I think that having a year for production allowed them the time to pull out all the stops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennydavis
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"