Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

Well that's that.

Liked the finale quite a bit. Satisfying end to the show. Granted, could have fit in a cool Easter egg or two, but as its own episode, it ends the show well.

It was a nice wrap up. Gave an ending, but characters are open to returning to the MCU in the future.

I know Chloe Bennet used to get livid about them not being included in the MCU.

There were connections in the first two seasons....then they went their separate ways.

I fully thought we would see an older Deke in the current timeline but it wasn’t needed.

Enjoyed the finale a good amount! Hope to see these characters in a minimal role down the line.

I got much the feeling that I got from the DS9 finale but perhaps a bit too many twist in this one. Big S.H.I.E.L.D. being up after only a year since the crew was snatched by Enoch seemed a bit much. Even a S.H.I.E.L.D. Prep School, echoing the Hydra Prep from season 4.with Flint as a student. maybe the ranks are filled with LMD's like Davis for manpower but the equipment

A very enjoyable and satisfying finale. :up:

People online are claiming this episode may tie into Endgame somehow.
It kinda did, but only vaguely.

Would have loved to have had Chris Evans pop up as Cap resetting the time lines from Endgame. A guy can wish.
Honestly, it would've been nice had they'd of had at least one cameo. Fury would've done! Bit of a bittersweet final to not include anyone if you ask me..

It was a nice wrap up. Gave an ending, but characters are open to returning to the MCU in the future.
There's an opening for Coulson I'm sure, but at the same time I'm disappointed they didn't take the time to save him from before he was an LMD. Would've probably been too much to try and fit in at this point though.

I fully thought we would see an older Deke in the current timeline but it wasn’t needed.
I must admit, I expected to see an aged Deke make an appearance, but it just wasn't to be. That said, he's in a different timeline now, right? There's no version of him in this timeline (yet).

In a AV Club interview, EP Jeffrey Bell is very open about the problems they had working with Marvel (Feige).

JB: We had a lot of ideas where we were—and I’ll say this, I don’t care—we were given the green light originally to use certain characters from Marvel, and started to break story based on those characters—[Coughs.] MODOK—and then they retracted it. So there were a bunch of things that were going to get a little bat**** crazy that were above our pay grade, in terms of the toys we were allowed to play with.

JB: One of our challenges was, we were a Marvel TV show and we weren’t allowed to have any of the Marvel characters.

JB: We were starting a Marvel series with five new characters who hadn’t existed in the comic books. So people were like, “Boo, we don’t like these people.” And what Marvel would give us is, “You can’t even have Loki’s staff. You can have, like, this left-handed thing.” You know? So there was an expectation from the audience that we’re gonna see a superhero show with a lot of Marvel brand names. And we weren’t allowed to do that. And we had the big secret, which was we cannot say the “H” word. We could not say “Hydra.” We could not spoil that for Winter Soldier or it would ruin it for everyone.
The Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. showrunners on the series finale

While I am glad Marvel TV and film didn't go the "multiverse" route like DC and have different versions of the same character operating concurrently in TV and film, I would have preferred that they stayed in sync as they were during the Winter Soldier reveal way back in Season 1.

Last edited:
They're wanting to save modok for the MCU, I already know what it is.

Aka, they decided they wanted him for Ant-Man 3, lol

So we found out what happened to Piper and Davis.

I am going to miss this show. In my opinion, AoS is right up there with Daredevil as the best superhero show we have gotten to date. That will probably change once we start getting the Disney+ shows, but the level of consistency from season 1-7 is hard to match. I do like that they have left the characters in ambiguous enough circumstances that they could be revisited by Marvel Studios down the road. And I hope they do, they deserve to play in the larger universe.

I still hold that the Russian, The Superior Man was M.O.D.O.K. Superior and they pulled his name at the last minute unlike Graviton who Coulson gave that "oh no he has a superhero name" line., Gen Talbot turning to Graviton may have been the last Marvel Comics character to get added the show. I would count Flint as being created in the "all connected" era when new Inhumans were chosen over demphasized mutants to be used on TV and movies

Not including the various agents (Both SHIELD and HYDRA), I have only 13 Marvel comic book heroes and villains introduced on AOS over seven seasons - Deathlok, Quake, Absorbing Man, Patriot, Mr. Hyde, Blizzard, Mockingbird, Hive, Yoyo/Slingshot, Graviton, Lorelei, Ghost Rider (muscle car version) & Flint.

Hats off to AOS for making it work. Most Berlanti-verse show would run through that many characters in a single season.

All of the other episodes of season 7 got their own threads. Is there going to be one for the finale?

Lash comes to mind as non comic S.H.I.E.L.D. or Hydra but he was a S.H.I.E.L.D. contractor on the show.

First time watching the show since the Ghost Rider season. I was completely confused. So they don’t even exist in the same timeline as the MCU anymore? None of the events of the movies after Ultron happened?

First time watching the show since the Ghost Rider season. I was completely confused. So they don’t even exist in the same timeline as the MCU anymore? None of the events of the movies after Ultron happened?

They supposedly came back to the MCU timeline after their trip through the Quantum Realm. But I don't think anything we've seen on the show is canon to the MCU. I doubt we are going to see the Coulson Academy or Daisy in space in any upcoming MCU films or Disney Plus shows.

Lash comes to mind as non comic S.H.I.E.L.D. or Hydra but he was a S.H.I.E.L.D. contractor on the show.

I forgot about Lash! He and Flint were created as part of Marvel's efforts to supplant the Mutants in the comics with a slew of New Inhumans. Feige's indifference to non Kamala Khan Inhumans likely helped AOS get clearance for them on the show.

They supposedly came back to the MCU timeline after their trip through the Quantum Realm. But I don't think anything we've seen on the show is canon to the MCU. I doubt we are going to see the Coulson Academy or Daisy in space in any upcoming MCU films or Disney Plus shows.

I forgot about Lash! He and Flint were created as part of Marvel's efforts to supplant the Mutants in the comics with a slew of New Inhumans. Feige's indifference to non Kamala Khan Inhumans likely helped AOS get clearance for them on the show.

Angar the Screamer was also in season 2.

Angar the Screamer was also in season 2.

I must have blocked him out of my mind. I HATED the AOS version (as well as surprisingly strong chubby guy and Adriana La Cerva with fingernail blades). Where were the far out clothes and the hallucinogenic abilities? They must not have had the budget to send the team on an acid trip.

Even after adding Lash and Angar, that's 15 non-Agent Marvel heroes and villains over 7 years and 136 episodes. Stargirl introduced more in its 13 episode first season.

Edit - Make that 16 after adding Hellfire.

Last edited:
With all of the Chief Sousa at the Battle of New York talk I came to the conclusion that with Tony Stark joking about being a LMD years before Aida and Dr Radcliffe that the show was in a nearly the same branch off of the MCU timeline from the beginning. "we just didn't know it" to paraphrase Nick Fury.

When Enoch grabbed them for the Lighthouse /Kree slave farm time loop it was all over even with the failed guess at the Infinity War plot from watching the trailers.

However with the Fitz method to go quantum without Pym Particles but rather a monolith slice Flint can build should anyone want to merge the branches of stream then they have a way to do it.

I hope we get a Ghost Rider show at some point on streaming. He deserves the pseudo big budget fx they usually provide as does his rogues gallery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"