Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents of SHIELD TV series for ABC - General Discussion - LEVEL 11 - Part 10

I guess Fitz is smarter than both Henry Pym & Tony Stark to figure out time travel through the Quantum Realm & build a Quantum Tunnel but then he had a little help from Simmons & Enok. Fitz didn't have any Pym Particles or a real shrinking suit but I guess the Quantum Tunnel reduced him in size so he was able to survive being shrunk so small. Everything was just to clean and perfect but then it is a tv series.

Fitz had the advantage Deke has of knowing it is possible not just a theory as he was a veteran of time travel and space travel teleportation via the monoliths. Hank Pym was just looking at getting small and the problem was never on Tony Stark's radar, until it was and he figured out how to navigate quantum travel in a night,

I was quite pleased with that finale, mostly because I was really worried that it would turn out Fitz had been dead the entire time and I was going to flip some things if that turned out to be true.

IMO, they most definitely ended up in an alternate timeline when they ended their time loop in season 5. I like to pretend they ended up in the same one that was created when Loki stole the tesseract during the time heist. (I like to pretend that him doing that created a timeline where Thanos never got the tesseract and therefore didn't snap anyone in 2019, which is why no one on the show even mentions it.) But at the beginning of last season, Daisy said something about 5 years having passed so I think they were trying to keep the show lined up with the movies, even if they didn't cross paths with any MCU characters anymore.

Maybe Fitz brought them all back to their original original timeline (and they'll be shocked to find out about Thanos...) or their second original timeline. Regardless I wouldn't make much of a fuss about it if they used these characters in any MCU movies. Fury is "retired" as Director so there's no reason why Mac can't be the Director going forward. May could easily fit into the next Spider-man movie. And I personally would love it if after Falcon and Winter Soldier, Bucky left Sam to be Cap and joined Daisy and Daniel for a trip in space, something akin to the Man on the Wall comic. (And use Mark Hamil to play older, wiser Bucky...) There's also no reason Daisy and Carol Danvers can't meet up in space. And so on and so forth.

I'm also a a Babylon 5 fan and maybe it was just a coincidence but I thought it was funny that Fitz, Simmons, etc. were in the blue hazmat suits while interacting with their past selves. Which is exactly happened on B5 in the 4th season.

Basically this whole thing was an offshoot of Hulk and Ancient One's discussion.

Also good to see Flint from Season 5 as one of the students.

One of the little things I thought was funny was....agent Piper partnered with LMD agent Davis....and bickering like an old married couple.

One of the little things I thought was funny was....agent Piper partnered with LMD agent Davis....and bickering like an old married couple.
Does anyone remember if Agent Davis was scanned for the Framework or as an unknowing LMD?. Must I head canon an explanation of someone making a quantum trip to get the scan for the LMD like Old Man Steve made his side trip.

Does anyone remember if Agent Davis was scanned for the Framework or as an unknowing LMD?. Must I head canon an explanation of someone making a quantum trip to get the scan for the LMD like Old Man Steve made his side trip.
I would think that all the agents have been photographed, measured, and recorded so many times it would be easy to make and LMD look like them.

I would think that all the agents have been photographed, measured, and recorded so many times it would be easy to make and LMD look like them.
But the ideal wasn't just look like. The LMD May fooled her friends for a while because of her behavior. When Simmons was laying out the case for LMD Coulson it was the momories when Daisy pushed the button. And presumably Piper wanted her friend back not just a robot that looked like him that she programmed..

So where had Piper and Flint been this whole time?

Piper and Flint went to the future with Fitzsimmons and Enoch. When they had their plan together and ready to go Flint made some more time monolith and they jumped back to the temple where Fitz went into the hide and they were told to guard. And then when they came back via the quantum tunnel is was mere minutes for Piper and Flint when they were relived of their guard post.

This season definitely had a multiple villain problem, but it was also very ballsy and fun. I like where it leaves the character and I'm definitely going to miss this show! Maybe now is the time for me to give Runaways another shot.

Fitz had the advantage Deke has of knowing it is possible not just a theory as he was a veteran of time travel and space travel teleportation via the monoliths. Hank Pym was just looking at getting small and the problem was never on Tony Stark's radar, until it was and he figured out how to navigate quantum travel in a night,

Fitz also is aware of Pym Particle technology as he referenced them when investigating the monolith back in season 3.

Fitz also is aware of Pym Particle technology as he referenced them when investigating the monolith back in season 3.
That is interesting. I get to crowd source all the Easter eggs as we fans post on the sites as we say goodbye to AoS.

That is interesting. I get to crowd source all the Easter eggs as we fans post on the sites as we say goodbye to AoS.
One I've always liked concerns a helicarrier. When Fury shows up with one in Sokovia during A:AoU....some people cried foul, saying where the hell did he pull that out of. In seasons one and two it establishes that Fury had set up secret bases around the world manned by the Koening brothers. In season 2 episode 20 it has a Koening showing Coulson a helicarrier in one of the secret underground bases and says "I gotta tell you....it's not easy keeping something as big as a helicarrier secret."

When I saw Tamara Taylor on screen I thought "well hey! Hadn't seen her on TV since Bones went off the air."

When I saw Tamara Taylor on screen I thought "well hey! Hadn't seen her on TV since Bones went off the air."

She's also in the first season of Altered Carbon and the only season of October Faction. (Both on Netflix.)

She was in earlier episodes of Agents of SHIELD a few weeks ago before she lost her body. She didn't only show up on screen in the finale.

One I've always liked concerns a helicarrier. When Fury shows up with one in Sokovia during A:AoU....some people cried foul, saying where the hell did he pull that out of. In seasons one and two it establishes that Fury had set up secret bases around the world manned by the Koening brothers. In season 2 episode 20 it has a Koening showing Coulson a helicarrier in one of the secret underground bases and says "I gotta tell you....it's not easy keeping something as big as a helicarrier secret."

I am still disappointed that Patton Oswalt wasn't on that damn Helicarrier. His absence made me realize that while "It's all connected" was a nice marketing slogan, it didn't represent the actual relationship between TV and film.

I only just caught up and finished Agents of SHIELD. The finale was good. Was not sure how they would end it and with the previous two seasons being kind of out there even for Marvel, I got kind of weary of what was happening.

But they pulled it off. Managed to completely sidestep everything going on with Endgame and keep the team (mostly) intact. I do wish they had maybe pushed out the 1 year later to a decade or so but they probably did not want to reach that far into the timeline, just in case.

Just catching up on the final season now and really enjoying it so far

But man Chloe needs to lay off the Botox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"