Ahsoka Ahsoka General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Looks great. Is Ray Winstone somebody we know? I'm not very familiar with any of the animated shows.

CG looks top notch to me.

Ray is a new Jedi who survived Order 66 and turned... he has been hiding out past the outer rim, which will be explored since that's where Ezra/Thrawn ended up, with an apprentice.

IMG_7329.jpeg

giphy.gif

I wonder if there's somthing particularly unique about those orange lightsabers. I'm not used to seeing a blade of a solid color like that. Looks jarring.

This is not in any way a complaint, I am sure the shows are awesome and I look forward to diving into them but it is very interesting thinking you have a pretty good grasp on Star Wars but then the primary driving force the franchise gradually becomes animated series you've never seen and assumed weren't canon - the concept of Anakin having had a Padawan is still ?!?!? to me.

Not an issue, this show looks really cool and I bet I'll fall in love with all these characters in their original forms one day, it is just funny. Really missed a step as a fan.

I wonder if there's somthing particularly unique about those orange lightsabers. I'm not used to seeing a blade of a solid color like that. Looks jarring.
I'm thinking there probably is something unique about them, since we also see Ahsoka fighting someone with a more traditional red lightsaber towards the end.

Last edited:
Looks great. Is Ray Winstone somebody we know? I'm not very familiar with any of the animated shows.

CG looks top notch to me.

I mean, given where it is clearly going, easy money is on C'boath.

b7fec468a6a1d91083de1bb2c9bf172a.gif

...please get my boy in with a flashback or storage-hologram Hera holds onto.

Force Ghost

I'm thinking there probably is something unique, since we also see Ahsoka fighting someone with a more traditional red lightsaber towards the end.

The guy at the end is an Inquisitor. You can see the loop where it can become spinny. So, probably all aren't dead by ANH.

Also, most important part of the trailer: live action orange sabers. Canonize all the saber colors.

This is not in any way a complaint, I am sure the shows are awesome and I look forward to diving into them but it is very interesting thinking you have a pretty good grasp on Star Wars but then the primary driving force the franchise gradually becomes animated series you've never seen and assumed weren't canon - the concept of Anakin having had a Padawan is still ?!?!? to me.

Not an issue, this show looks really cool and I bet I'll fall in love with all these characters in their original forms one day, it is just funny. Really missed a step as a fan.
Well, four months until this series drops, so you have plenty of time to catch up. :cwink:

Animated Star Wars is consistently some of the best stuff the franchise has to offer, I will not be accepting wrong alternative views. :o
I'm just impressed that the Filoni shows became as elite as they did considering it didn't really start out on the best foot with that Clone Wars movie back in 2008. I didn't realize how great the show was until years later.

I'm just impressed that the Filoni shows became as elite as they did considering it didn't really start out on the best foot with that Clone Wars movie back in 2008. I didn't realize how great the show was until years later.
Nine year old me was in the theater day one loving it so I might not be the most unbiased source. I still enjoy it despite its flaws.

Nine year old me was in the theater day one loving it so I might not be the most unbiased source. I still enjoy it despite its flaws.
Oh so you were the perfect age for that, Snow. I was in college, so quippy little Ahsoka took some more time to grow on me, although I did give TCW a try back then for a couple episodes. I was kind of over Star Wars at the time plus I was also a Tartakovsky Clone Wars loyalist so I didn't actually go back and watch the show in its entirety until the months leading up to The Force Awakens when my hype came back. That was when I realized I should have stuck around when it was first airing but better late than never. Needless to say, if you had told me 15 years ago that I'd be hyped for an Ahsoka show I'd never have believed it.

Oh so you were the perfect age for that, Snow. I was in college, so quippy little Ahsoka took some more time to grow on me, although I did give TCW a try back then for a couple episodes. I was kind of over Star Wars at the time plus I was also a Tartakovsky Clone Wars loyalist so I didn't actually go back and watch the show in its entirety until the months leading up to The Force Awakens when my hype came back. That was when I realized I should have stuck around when it was first airing but better late than never. Needless to say, if you had told me 15 years ago that I'd be hyped for an Ahsoka show I'd never have believed it.
Yup. :hehe: I can see exactly why certain elements of that movie play a whole lot worse if you're an adult and not nine. But it also gave me my boys like this so... 10/10 film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"