The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

Is the Lizard DLC or any of the other DLC's worth the price?

Is the Lizard DLC or any of the other DLC's worth the price?

Meh. IMO, unless you want either the vigilante suit or the Raimi red/blue suit...don't waste your money. I only bought the Lizard DLC cause I wanted the vigilante suit. The Lizard gameplay is crap. I already had the Rhino DLC from my preorder of the game. It's fun for about a minute. Never played the Stan Lee DLC but I've heard it's ok...he uses the same attacks as Spidey.

Never played the Stan Lee DLC but I've heard it's ok...he uses the same attacks as Spidey.

It's just a Stan Lee skin, the gameplay is identical to Spider-man. The best thing about it is that when you play as Stan, all the side missions (muggings, car chase, slayer fights etc) repeatedly regenerate, unlike they do in the actual game.

I just want the Lizard DLC because I already have all the rest. Will it be available on the Australian Playstation store? Anyone?

It's just a Stan Lee skin, the gameplay is identical to Spider-man. The best thing about it is that when you play as Stan, all the side missions (muggings, car chase, slayer fights etc) repeatedly regenerate, unlike they do in the actual game.

I just want the Lizard DLC because I already have all the rest. Will it be available on the Australian Playstation store? Anyone?

I really wish they would have released a patch or something to make those things possible when playing as Spidey.

Nope!

Wasn't alive for a long time for me, grew tired of it after one playthrough. I tried to play it again once but it just didn't do it for me when I could pop in Arkham City, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2 etc. instead.

I'm looking forward to the next game though.

Haha I remember all that hype before the game came out.
It was a good game though... maybe I'll replay it when they'll start hyping the second game.

I played for nearly a month, few hours in some days and did everything I could with this game.
I'm not interested in playing it again so soon.

Just curious to know, is anyone still playing this?
I still haven't played the 3DS one yet. I meant to play it sooner, but last time, I only watched the opening scene and played for a little bit. I was reading a really long book that week, which was taking longer than I thought it would, so I didn't have time to play it. I plan on playing it soon though.

I play it on occasion. I've been busy with AC III and Dishonored but I've found some time here and there to pop it back in and go for a swing and replay a level or two. IMO, it's still a really fun game to play.

Even though it's probably a good thing we don't have any news about a new game yet (they might actually get more time working on it or something), I do have to say that I'm quite spoiled haha! I do miss to have something exciting to discuss about a Spidey game.

I can't wait until the day Spidey gets his "Arkham City". He really needs a good, original video game not based on anything. Beenox's style is too "video gamey" for my tastes. All the collecting orbs, repetition, and non-interactive levels. Beenox, it's 2012 going on 2013. And this didn't really happen 'til EoT came out, I've heard that Shattered Dimensions was very stylish.

I can't wait until the day Spidey gets his "Arkham City". He really needs a good, original video game not based on anything. Beenox's style is too "video gamey" for my tastes. All the collecting orbs, repetition, and non-interactive levels. Beenox, it's 2012 going on 2013. And this didn't really happen 'til EoT came out, I've heard that Shattered Dimensions was very stylish.

They need to polish alot of things IMO. They came a good way with ASM, but they're still pretty far from AC. It's too much go to a room -> fight a horde of enemies -> go to another room -> fight another horde of enemies and so on. It lacks alot of variety and flow.

I hope the next game will be better on that department as well as not being based on the movies.

There is still the possibility of another Spidey game before the next movie-tie in. I'd expect it would be a fall release in 2013 and that announcement would most likely come about sometime in April or early May during the PAX show (or whatever that video game/comic show is during that time).

I really hope there is no 'in-between' game. Beenox did some serious trench digging with ASM and with a longer amount of time to work on the sequel they can not only improve/polish the gameplay elements found in ASM, they can work on other aspects too. They had quite some time to develop ASM but most of that time was spent on creating new gameplay mechanics from the ground up which takes up a good chunk. Not to mention the side character gameplay nonsense didn't help things.

Just curious to know, is anyone still playing this?
Not me, I'm busy reading pre-crisis Superman, Incredible Hulk, and Punisher
Will watch all 6 Star War films, and read Mirage Comics Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles later

Last time I played this game was after getting the DLC pack, just to use the Raimi and vigilante costumes, played a while and removed the game again. Perhaps a time to play it later will come
I can't wait until the day Spidey gets his "Arkham City". He really needs a good, original video game not based on anything.
He needs it based on comics, I don't want any new villains created specifically for the game

He needs it based on comics, I don't want any new villains created specifically for the game

Although I agree with your sentiment, we DO know that another movie-tie in game will be coming with the release of ASM 2. IMO, I think it would be much better for Beenox to concentrate all their efforts solely on that game and not do another comic-based game; at least for now.

It would be cool though if they were also quietly working on a comic-based game in the background and fleshed it out over the next 4 years or so and have it ready after the movies are done. This way the quality of the game would be high and not feel like a rushed product.

I agree. We can either have 2 "okay" Spider-Man games or 1 "holy **** this is one of the best Spider-Man games of all time" game.

Well maybe not of all time... but y'know, something pretty damn good.

As long as Activision is making these games, you won't see a Spidey game like Arkham.

Although I agree with your sentiment, we DO know that another movie-tie in game will be coming with the release of ASM 2.
I hope it's a prequel to the movie
The "Needs to be based on comics" is :oldrazz: kind of response to jla's "It needs to be based on nothing"

I agree. We can either have 2 "okay" Spider-Man games or 1 "holy **** this is one of the best Spider-Man games of all time" game.

Well maybe not of all time... but y'know, something pretty damn good.
If they can make it better than Amazing Spider-Man game I'm willing to take it, at least give it more soundtracks

I think Beenox (Peter Davids) did a great job with Sloan. At least the character himself. I'm not fully against Beenox creating new characters for video games as long as they don't overshadow the classics too much. Rocksteady created Warden Sharp for their Arkham games and that worked wonders.

As long as Activision is making these games, you won't see a Spidey game like Arkham.

One would think that with the success of the Arkham games, Activision would understand that if they let Beenox have more development time they could have their successful Spidey game. But Activision is crap as we all know, they think the way to do it is to mimic the Arkham games but with the same little dev time.

I think Beenox (Peter Davids) did a great job with Sloan. At least the character himself. I'm not fully against Beenox creating new characters for video games as long as they don't overshadow the classics too much. Rocksteady created Warden Sharp for their Arkham games and that worked wonders.
Forgot about those two
At least I don't hope all villains not to be based on comics
One would think that with the success of the Arkham games, Activision would understand that if they let Beenox have more development time they could have their successful Spidey game. But Activision is crap as we all know, they think the way to do it is to mimic the Arkham games but with the same little dev time.
All Activision think about is making money
Beenox mimicked Arkham based on popular demands

I'm not against Beenox taking lots of ideas from the Arkham games. I love those games and wanted a Spidey game to do exactly that, take ideas from those. But one can't just do that with only about a year of dev time and think it will succeed.

I want Marvel to make their own game company; they definitely have more enough characters and ideas. Punisher FPS. Avengers co-op game or another Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Free-Roam Spidey, Hack-N-Slash Wolverine, etc. Then they can have Beenox work for them and not greedy Activision and work on a game for 3 years or so and make the greatest Spidey game, comic universe, ever!

I'm not sure I want the free flow again out of this movie game universe, I miss scaring people by performing the different attacks hitting ghosts in the street like Ultimate Spider-Man
And I love doing combat moves as I like the way I like as I like, not being restricted to doing them only when fighting enemies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"