The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

I found a bonus skin in my ASM DVD but then I was sad to learn that it was for phone only.

gr8 game, idk if its better than WoS, but it's g000d. I was swinging drunk the other night, it was cool!

Most games are better than Web of Shadows
You playing this on PC?
What are you talking about? Web Of Shadows seems to be the best Spider-Man games, .. I mean game. Considering all the rest were from bad->to boring.

And YES. Why? Is it any different on PS3?

What are you talking about? Web Of Shadows seems to be the best Spider-Man games, .. I mean game. Considering all the rest were from bad->to boring.

And YES. Why? Is it any different on PS3?
I'm saying Web of Shadows is awful in every way but mechanics (minus charged jump), and some minor stuff, most games are better in every other aspect and by far more entertaining. And I am aware of your opinion

Was wondering if you still play on PC or got yourself a game system, that's all
Don't think it's different on PS3 since the full version was ported to PC, and I play it on PC

I totally disagree. Web of shadows was way more fun and entertaining then Amazing Spider-man. Better combos,better swinging,wall combat,and the story and switching into the symbiote was very very fun.

I'm saying Web of Shadows is awful in every way but mechanics (minus charged jump), and some minor stuff, most games are better in every other aspect and by far more entertaining. And I am aware of your opinion

Was wondering if you still play on PC or got yourself a game system, that's all
Don't think it's different on PS3 since the full version was ported to PC, and I play it on PC
Haha really? I thought it was better than all the SM games that came out (idk the PS version of SM2, but the PC one was terrible. The others were pretty much the same as on pc on ps)

I don't since I dont play so often and so many games.

Web swinging is easily a lot more fun in Web of Shadows, but what you're given to do there is limited mostly to hitting enemies
I prefer games with a few more things to do, and some stealth, plus the more things to do with webbing the more fun the game is

Haha really? I thought it was better than all the SM games that came out (idk the PS version of SM2, but the PC one was terrible. The others were pretty much the same as on pc on ps)
I said most games, so the PC version of SM2 can be excluded
I don't since I dont play so often and so many games.
I'm quitting newer video games after Resident Evil 6 and the sequel to this movie adaption, so I think you do better by not being much of a gamer

The wall combat in Web of Shadows was certainly fun. It's one of the positives of the game.

I know. But the combat I feel is still a little too clunky to achieve Spidey's speed and agility. And IMO, he still isn't strong enough.

I disagree with the clunky part however I do feel the animations could be tightened up a bit and run a little smoother. I just don't think clunky is the right word to describe the combat. It's a word that often gets thrown around quite a bit but IMO I don't feel that way about the combat in ASM. I've played games with clunky animations and this game is def not clunky. It's also def not as smooth as Arkham City but it has the potential to be. I'm interested to see how well Beenox improves things for the sequel game.

I'm not sure how much faster you want Spidey to move in the game but he's def faster than all the human enemies. You can just run around the room and they can't keep up with you. If anyone does get close, a simple dodge roll will do the trick. There's also the slow-mo version of the web rush which is a great way to gain the ability to feel what it's like to move as fast as Spidey. As an enemy is facing you, enter web rush then move to the wall, then to the ceiling, and then to the floor right behind the enemy. If you do it quick enough, the enemy is still facing in the same direction. IMO, Spidey is plenty fast in the game. In looking at other Spider-man games one of my gripes has been how human enemies move faster than Spidey. Take for example the Ninjas in SM3 or even Shattered Dimensions. I get that a Ninja is more than likely faster than the average human but no human should be able to move quicker than Spider-man nor be able to dodge his attacks. ASM gets praise for not falling into this category.

As far as his strength goes, Spidey 'pulls his punches' in combat so it's gonna take several hits for an enemy to go down. But he still lifts a full-size car with his webs into a waiting web trap. He also lifts vending machines, dumpsters, statues, etc. and throws them at enemies. At one point he kicks Rhino up in the air and then slams him into the street below with webs. There are other examples but he's def strong in the game.

Here's a quote from you on the other page.

And the way normal thugs are still tough to deal with is pathetic

Can you clarify this statement please?

I meant that thugs shouldn't take 4 or 5 punches and THEN you can do a takedown. Spidey should be just wasting thugs very easily. If they're armored I understand, but I still think Spidey should be more strong against regular, average thugs.

But then it'd be so boring. They must be more resistant than the average human for the sake of the gameplay.

After playing some more, was wondering, would anyone want to see Smythe in a movie in future years? Assuming they don't have continuity with the game.

It would be neat, but there are a lot of villains that I want to see before him.

I agree with the General. It would be cool, but others should come before him. I say, deal with the big name classic villains first, then introduce people like Smythe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"