The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - - - - - - Part 15

To anyone who says that Spidey should be stronger...

You guys know that he can crush every bone of a human body in less than three punches, right? It has been clearly shown in the comics that Peter's ALWAYS hiding most of his strength during combat.

Maybe you hadn't saw it yet, but in ASM 700#
Doc Ock says clearly that Peter wasn't using his whole power, as he breaks the jaw of Scorpion with JUST ONE PUNCH

And, besides, what a boring game would it be if guys can be beaten up with just one punch and Spidey could recieve a ****load of hits :whatever:

I wonder when we'll get another comic book related game again. I hope we can get a really good one before the next movie game comes out

If you want it out before 2014, the chances of it being good are very slim.

I say screw the movie license game and go for a comic book based game instead!

I want to face classic villains with no screwing around of them! I want the game to not forget to have some humour and charm like SD and the old PS games. I want it to have a comic booky feel (not in the way of Ultimate Spider-Man however). I don't want the game to try to look as realistic as possible but rather have a game that feels stylish and unique.

I want the game to show much of the relationship between Peter and MJ. I want Spider-Man to irritate his enemies with funny quips like in SD, and like in that game, let the villains show some personality.

When playing a Spider-Man game I want to face the classic bad guys. While ASM got a lot of things right (and a lot of things wrong), I don't really feel that "Spider-Man" feel due to the lack of classic villains.

The least they could have done would be to make Scorpion exactly like in the comics, but created by Smythe as the ultimate Spider Slayer, and have him have a very big role in the game. Also, since Webb doesn't seem to use Kraven anytime in the near future, they should've brought Kraven into the story and give him a pretty big role as well. And to take Scorpion's place as a hybrid, they could've let Morbius transform (not entirely into a beast but to be exactly like in the comics) and Spidey could have some epic battles against him.

I got Marvel Ultimate Alliance Gold Edition off of eBay for $36. I can't wait to relive this game.

Talk about a great Avengers and all around Marvel game. What happened to the companies that made Legends and UA anyway? IMO, MUA2 wasn't all that great.

Activision made them with Raven Software. Activision lost the rights of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America to Sega. They couldn't make anymore, and that's why I payed $36 for a 6 year old game. It features 8 bonus characters and costumes that you can't get anymore since their contract ended.

Activision made them with Raven Software. Activision lost the rights of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America to Sega. They couldn't make anymore, and that's why I payed $36 for a 6 year old game. It features 8 bonus characters and costumes that you can't get anymore since their contract ended.

Damn, Raven Software should make a Spider-Man game, they made an AWESOME job with Origins: Wolverine. What would they do with Spidey? :wow:

I bought the Stan Lee DLC, It's awesome as a Monkey on fire doing the moonwalk in space.
So now I have the Raimi suit, Cross-Species, Kaine, Black Suit, FF, Negative Zone, Vigilante, Big Time, and the normal TASM suit.
But there's one hanger left, is there another costume?

I bought the Stan Lee DLC, It's awesome as a Monkey on fire doing the moonwalk in space.
So now I have the Raimi suit, Cross-Species, Kaine, Black Suit, FF, Negative Zone, Vigilante, Big Time, and the normal TASM suit.
But there's one hanger left, is there another costume?

The 100% completion of the game gives you another suit: a second Black Suit, based on the Webb's costume.

Black_suit_(The_Amazing_Spider-Man).png

The 100% completion of the game gives you another suit: a second Black Suit, based on the Webb's costume.

Black_suit_(The_Amazing_Spider-Man).png
You get that for 100%?
Couldn't they have something that's not black, almost every suit in-game is dark/black.
I want the Bombastic Bag Man.

I remember thinking how Ultimate Spider-Man was the best game ever for letting you play and free roam as Venom. Looking back on it though I hate the way he was protrayed. Instead of shooting webs and sticking to walls, he was using symbiote whips for weapons and the wall climbing was just him crashing his fingers threw the surface. That's not Venom, the symbiote bonded with Spider-Man's DNA and thus a white spider was put on its chest. Venom without bonding to Spidey first is just another Carnage. The point I'm making is the Venom you play as fought as if it never bonded with Peter.

It was based off Ultimate Venom, who never had the symbol.

Yeah but at the end of the game when he gets the symbol nothing about him changes. I guess since its like you said based in the ultimate universe, and since Green Goblin fans have to deal with a Hulk sized monster Goblin, Venom fans really shouldn't complain.

What I remember is that, when he got the symbol, he aquired full control of the suit.

I would love rock star to make a spidey game. Look at their games (max paynes, la noire, red dead redemption, gta's...) all great story lines and graphics, gritty story's, realistic....I can only imagine the type of detailed spidey game they can make. You walk around as Peter and you interact with Gwen, aunt may, JJ, work at bugle, but side missions are around, that are different and vastly unique and you gotta run off to chane into spidey. But you can use your powers as Peter too. And then you can trigger main mission for main villains and story contiuation.

I have alot more ideas but its pointless to even go on cause it'll never happen and I'm depressing myself :(

Rock Star and Spider-Man don't mix well together I think. Not the same kind of tone at all and Rock Star seem to go with this "gangster" style in all their games which I don't like at all to be honest. They would try too hard to make Spidey gritty.

Yeah but at the end of the game when he gets the symbol nothing about him changes. I guess since its like you said based in the ultimate universe, and since Green Goblin fans have to deal with a Hulk sized monster Goblin, Venom fans really shouldn't complain.

Ultimate Spidey may have been about the only part of that universe that was worth reading (imo), but they tended to drop the ball with villains.

You get that for 100%?
Couldn't they have something that's not black, almost every suit in-game is dark/black.
I want the Bombastic Bag Man.
I don't have a problem with that, I love black
But I think you're right, a more colorful wardrobe is needed for another game

All I want from Beenox is better webswinging. That's it. That is all I ask. Everything else in TASM was fine. I don't see how that would be so hard for them to do when Treyarch perfected it almost 9 years ago and Beenox had years to work on TASM. It just reeks of laziness to me.

I actually like TASM's webslinging the most.

-_-

I actually like TASM's webslinging the most.

-_-

Visually, it def beats the other games. The closer camera itself really puts you in the driver seat making you feel more connected to Spidey. The camera movements and animations really help to sell that whole cinematic vibe that you get from the game. I thoroughly enjoy it.

And as I've said before, in all the animated shows, comic panels, etc. you see Spidey swinging with the webs not being shown to attach to any surfaces. No one seems to have an issue with those instances but throw it into a video game and people go nuts. I can respect those who favor the system found in SM2...it's just not my preference.

They could definitely improve the system though.

I really wish that the rights to Spidey games would go to some other publisher- I'm tired of Activision.

It's hard for me, I think the web swinging in SM2 is just so much more fun! At the same time it could become very problematic sometimes when you needed to land on a very specific point. But given how the Web Rush fixes that, I'd love to see the Spider-Man 2 web swinging return (with tweaks and polish of course) with the Web Rush there as well.

I don't really like the system in SM2 either. That system is a little too realistic in the way the webs work. Like, I hate when I'm swinging and I'll barely swing past the edge of a building or a pole or something and my web gets caught on it.

My favorite swinging system is Web of Shadows. It's fluid, it's a nice blend with the gameplay and realism (webs don't always stick to buildings, meaning you're more free to swing where you like, but they do stick to buildings when it makes sense for them to), and it's pretty cool in the way it makes Spidey move with his flips and spins and whatnot.

This is the case where I don't care that webs don't attach to buildings (all the time) because it still works well enough. TASM's webswinging is just disappointing to me, and I've already explained why before. I will admit that TASM's webswinging looks nice, though.

I think they should just make a new swinging system altogether.

Maybe in first person?

I dunno... that would of been cool- if TASM (movie) had more POV shots and TASM (game) had first person swinging. It would of been pretty revolutionary in terms of Spider-Man movies and games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"