The Amazing Spider-Man Amazing Spidey Video Game Thread. - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlimited is a suit I've wanted to see in a game for a long time. It'd be cool if they brought it back for this.

Id imagine you already knew this, but the unlimited suit was used in the PS1 games as bonus costumes. (perhaps either 1 or 2, im not sure which one, or if it was both games)

Im planning on having a spidey game marathon before the flick hits too, go back and play all the great games, including this spectacular looking new one.

I hope there are, at least, the ones from the Spider-Man (2000) game. Those costumes were great, with the quick-change Spidey, Ben Reilly's, and Unlimited.

Also, I would love the classic Spidey costume (the 616 one), the Ultimate one, the Alex Ross one (I think this one is awesome!), the Negative Zone one and the Final Suit one (this is pretty cool too, and ties in perfectly with the movie universe).

The rest of it, I hope it's a surprise :D

I hope there are, at least, the ones from the Spider-Man (2000) game. Those costumes were great, with the quick-change Spidey, Ben Reilly's, and Unlimited.

Also, I would love the classic Spidey costume (the 616 one), the Ultimate one, the Alex Ross one (I think this one is awesome!), the Negative Zone one and the Final Suit one (this is pretty cool too, and ties in perfectly with the movie universe).

The rest of it, I hope it's a surprise :D

Knowing Beenox Im sure there will be alternate suits.. but your right it comes down to the selection. There are so many throw away alternate costumes that Id never use (pretty much everything in edge of time haha)

We need simple costumes out of the way, Classic Symbiote, classic 616, maybe even different artists interpretation suits. Id love a Steve Ditko original black/red suit, web wings and all! (tis my favorite) Again They need to take notes from Rocksteady and their superior Batman Games. The alternate costumes in that are amazing and relevant.

I just hope the web swinging is good in this game. Web swinging hasn't been fun since the spiderman 2 movie game where you had full control and could shoot out multiple web lines. (why the $#@$&* did they change that!?)

His classic suit or Peter Parker? Or Spidey with no mask? He didn't put on anything special there

Oh, it wasn't "One More Day", my bad. What's the story arc where Peter has an Assassin's Creed like outfit?

Oh, it wasn't "One More Day", my bad. What's the story arc where Peter has an Assassin's Creed like outfit?

This?

1285d1091813027-indian-spiderman-to-wear-sarong-img1.gif

Spider-Man India. That's the only one that comes to mind. There's Manga Spidey, but he doesn't look Assassin's Creed-ish. lol

I'm glad you agree :)

Naw, he has an actual hoodie. Maybe I'm going crazy.
Maybe you're thinking of how the clones dressed up? Ben Reilly had a hoodie for a while before removing it cause Venom was choking him with it
The other Scarlet-Spider wore the mask in the bus, and he had his hoodie on
Peter Parker put on a hooide in the 90s, no mask
Ultimate Peter dressed like that in the Venom arc

looking back, i think it's amazing how this used to be the extent of console graphics:
spiderman_screen087.jpg

spiderman2_screen005.jpg

spider-man_b8_790screen007.jpg

And now our PHONES are capable of this:

Ultimate+Spider-Man+Total+Mayhem+3.png

ultimate-spider-man-total-mayhem-e3-2%255B1%255D.png

492608-ultimate-spider-man-total-mayhem-iphone-screenshot-ultimate.png

now THAT's Amazing.

I'm glad you agree :)

Maybe you're thinking of how the clones dressed up? Ben Reilly had a hoodie for a while before removing it cause Venom was choking him with it
The other Scarlet-Spider wore the mask in the bus, and he had his hoodie on
Peter Parker put on a hooide in the 90s, no mask
Ultimate Peter dressed like that in the Venom arc

That is actually a common misconception. The Scarlet Spider's hoodie wasn't removed because of venom. Tombstone ripped the hood free from his sweatshirt during Pat one of the "Web of Life" storyline (Web of Spider-Man # 120) it happened during their fight on top of the armored car. Web of life was the first storyline that happened directly after "The Exile Returns" (scarlet spider's first apperence and big battle with venom and the female symbiote) and that is why there is so much confusion about why the hood was missing.

Vermin and Scorpia may be villains in the game. Some Gameinformer article posted that at the beginning of the game, we see capsules of those two villains as well as Rhino....and we know that Rhino is a villain.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/7978-gameinformer-unveils-new-amazing-spider-man-details.html

[BLACKOUT]One screenshot features Dr. Connors helping Spider-Man out.[/BLACKOUT]

Random crimes (bank heists, muggings, and car chases) are spread throughout the city. I didn’t see anything about ‘MY BALLOON’ though.

The game is after the movie. You could potentially have a few things spoiled in relation to Parker and other people featured in the movie since this takes place afterwards. That said, it’s the same exact Spider-Man story we’ve been told a million times before, so it’s not like the movie’s not already spoiled for any Spider-Man fans.

The game has a built in reader. You can unlock full comic book issues to read in the game such as Amazing Fantasy #15(Spidey’s first appearance).

The game tries to capture Spider-Man’s lucha libre inspired moveset from the movie.

Near the beginning you’ll see capsules with different Spider-Man villains, such as Rhino, Vermin, and Scorpia. Rhino has already been confirmed as a villain for the game and as a Gamestop pre-order bonus mode where you play as Rhino.

Been in production for nearly two years.

The combat is straight up Batman. There’s a melee button and a counter button. When you fill it up, you get to use special attacks like Batman’s in Arkham City. Spider-Man also floats with punches like Batman, but GI claims he’s far more acrobatic when he does it.

Web zip can be used to get out of a sticky situation and hide. So apparently there is some sort of stealth.

There’s a typical experience system for levelling combos and you can find things called web techs that give you new abilities or upgrade them like being able to web people to the wall.

Many of the story missions take place in doors in their own linear levels.

Some of the side content involves taking photos of locations, performing tricks for a videographer, and finding comic books.

The citizens will say things to you based on things you’ve done in the story.

Seamus Kevin Fahey(Spartacus: Gods of the Arena and the newer Battlestar Galactica) helped with the story.

Web rush slows down time as a sort of Spider Sense. It can be used for moving through Manhattan, but it can also be used in combat.

Thanks for posting this. I kind of thought Scorpion was gonna be in the game but I'm also glad Vermin will be in there as well.

Since this was a hands-on preview I'd be really interested to hear from GI how they felt the game played and the positives and negatives about that aspect.

Edit: The details from this article state that there is a counter button, but from the control layout we got about a week ago, there was no counter button, just a dodge button. Hmmm. I wonder if the control scheme we saw was an old one or maybe this article got it wrong.

Connors lives!! So glad they're breaking the usual status quo of killing off the villain. I hate when they kill off villains in movies.

Scorpia's an odd villain choice, but ok. Awesome to hear we're getting Vermin, though! I don't think he's ever been in a game.

Also loving the fact that we're getting so much bonus features, love stuff like that in games. Adds a great deal of replayability. Reading full comic issues seems like an awesome feature.

Last edited:
Connors lives!! So glad they're breaking the usual status quo of killing off the villain. I hate when they kill off villains in movies.

Didn't we also find this out from the movie trailer with the scene of him sitting in jail?

Yeah, but it's still further confirmation. :woot:

I agree with you though about your point regarding killing off villains. It seems to happen way too often in these types of movies, so I'm glad that they've opted for a different route.

So glad that [blackout]Connors doesn't die.[/blackout] It'd be nice to see [blackout]Connors occasionally helping Peter out with whatever he needs[/blackout] in the film series, like in the comics.

So glad that [blackout]Connors doesn't die.[/blackout] It'd be nice to see [blackout]Connors occasionally helping Peter out with whatever he needs[/blackout] in the film series, like in the comics.

Exactly. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the character in future films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"